Page 66 of 151 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    No.I mean people who feel he shouldn't call himself Spider-man in 616.It made perfect sense in 1610.

Of course.Most things said are opinions unless stated otherwise.

Just makes no sense to me.

Again secret identities.And green lantern was always meant to be a title, not a codename that was one person made.That's how it was always set up.
    And both have another problem, the more Spiders we get the "random Spider-bite" looses it's value.Heck they even made it bite another person at the same time.Just feels cheap and cashgrab-ey making more versions of characters that are popular.

Multiple green lanterns are cool, but multiple human green lanterns are a bad choice imo.Specially since we should get one per sector by the green lanterns rules.
    Then they made it two.Some got promoted.Now we have 6, 2 stationed on Earth.May have changed in recent years again.
    The thing they did do right is that we only got 2 per sector.They introduced new ones by giving the others a promotion.Everyone had growth and it works.The Spiders are just jammed in, there's no structure to the Web.

Many people find it confusing.And Marvel says Spider-man and we assume Peter but sometimes we get Miles instead.Like in Cates Venom Run.I bought the issue for Spider-man cameo, it was Miles.And it's not like they are hiding this.The new Darkhawk issue 2 meets a "certain webslinger".There is a massive Spider-signal on the cover.That's Peter to me.But considering that he is a legacy character and one of color I feel they will go with Miles.If they do, just say so.

Because of his movie.Which has him set in another universe and the character is better than the one in comics by a mile.The game helped sustain said hype from Spider-verse.
    That and Marvel is pushing him as hard as possible.

Again if Spider-man 2 is a Spider-men game there will be minor backlash and disappointment.In Miles's game Peter was lowballed to make Miles the hero and save the day.He has handled Rhino and scorpion in the past, but now can't take just him.Then sideline him.Again it's his game so I get it.But if they jam Miles into this game then I(and others) would be rightfully a bit angry.

Again he should be a part of it.But like how Peter was a part of Miles game or just a bit more.It should still be a Peter game.
    Well at the very least we can acknowledge we have differing opinions on this matter and that's a good point of understanding for me. On the topic of Green Lantern that has been used as both a title and codename for the lanterns with secret identities, even from other heroes they don't know personally and the earth lanterns at times do switch around who's on earth and who is in space. But whether or not we can find common ground on them or the Spider-Men it doesn't change one fact which I think is part of the reason Marvel likes to push Miles... It's working.

For all the bluster both our sides can say about this, it doesn't change the fact that Miles, and Peter sharing the Spider-Man title hasn't done any actual damage to the popularity of either character. Bestselling games for both, hits movies for both, we may hold our opinions dear but at the end of it all that matters is if their current status quo works and so far we have overwhelming evidence that it does despite what some may think. Of course there will be those to say otherwise but given what I see all I can say is I humbly disagree with those notions.

I won't ask you to change you mind or point of view, and I'm not going to say it's invalid because you have a right to it even if I disagree or can't understand it and I appreciate your honesty. But I don't want this thread to be bogged down with another bout of back and forth because at the end of the day it won't lead to anything. So lets just be appreciative that our personal favorite Spider-Men will still be here for years to come for all of us to enjoy.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 07-14-2021 at 02:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Thats a bunch of nonsense because his 2 biggest adaptations, ITSV and Insomniac drive home the fact that Miles is Spider-Man and what that is suppose to mean. Yeah, i get why shows made FOR LITTLE KIDS might need to make the distinction, but teens and adults should be able to wrap their heads around the concept.
    ITSV never had the Spider-men need to be differentiated by civilians, and PS4 solves the problem by sending Peter away. I'm talking about things like the recent cartoons, where Miles had to be called "Kid Arachnid" and "Spin" to resolve the issue. To say it's not one is disingenuous in those circumstances.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6NZr3jU...name=4096x4096

Chase Conley's concept art for what Miles's upcoming new costume would look like underneath the streetwear. Personally, if this was the look they were going with for his redesign, I would dig the s*** out of that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Most people in 616 don't even know Miles' Spider-Man is black or don't pay attention to it. Real-life representation is different from how characters look at someone in-universe.
    They'd still call him the Black Spider-man due to his costume, and in 1610, they did know he was Black. Peter just gets to be "Spider-man."
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 07-14-2021 at 03:31 PM.

BANNED

So now coolness is a factor now huh? Easy fix, One is Amazing and the other is Ultimate(a tag Miles honestly should have kept from his jump from 1610 to 616). Cool and practicial.
    No one in-universe is calling one "Ultimate" and the other "Amazing" in normal conversation. That only works for the actual titles of the books. Marvel has been branding Miles by his own name for a while now, so a name change would be an easy transition.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    ITSV never had the Spider-men need to be differentiated by civilians, and PS4 solves the problem by sending Peter away. I'm talking about things like the recent cartoons, where Miles had to be called "Kid Arachnid" and "Spin" to resolve the issue. To say it's not one is disingenuous in those circumstances.
    Yes, the cartoons for children, thats been addressed already. Why are you letting non-descript imaginary civilians have so much sway over what heroes should be called? And thats completely ignoring these faceless civillians have youtube with a tuber dedicated to telling you that their isn't just one Spider-Man or even the Brooklyn natives that know full well of multiple Spider-Men and that Miles in particular is from their neck of the woods?

But no, we got to take into account the poor confused "civillians", can't have them be too challenged now, that isn't fair to "them".
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 07-14-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    No one in-universe is calling one "Ultimate" and the other "Amazing" in normal conversation. That only works for the actual titles of the books. Marvel has been branding Miles by his own name for a while now, so a name change would be an easy transition.
    Oh, so we aren't worried about cool differentiators now, got it. And literally no one has ever called Miles "Black Spider-Man" in-universe. Ever. It usually defaults to "older" and "younger" Spider-Man. You're making up imaginary problems to insert a solution you want.

Spectacular Member

Oh, so we aren't worried about cool differentiators now, got it. And literally no one has ever called Miles "Black Spider-Man" in-universe. Ever. It usually defaults to "older" and "younger" Spider-Man. You're making up imaginary problems to insert a solution you want.
    He was indeed called Black Spider-Man several times, on the first issues of Spider-Man when he was in 616 it was pointed out by a girl online in universe from a video of his costume damaged, it gets pointed out many times

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    He was indeed called Black Spider-Man several times, on the first issues of Spider-Man when he was in 616 it was pointed out by a girl online in universe from a video of his costume damaged, it gets pointed out many times

.........that is not what you are trying to make it out as. Danika was just happy and celebrating that the new Spider-Man was a person of color, it didn't become Miles' "go-to" call sign.

Nadji Jeter apparently tweeted doing some motion-capture (probably for the next Spider-Man game) but deleted it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nadji Jeter apparently tweeted doing some motion-capture (probably for the next Spider-Man game) but deleted it.
    A sign of things to come, I'm guessing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6NZr3jU...name=4096x4096

Chase Conley's concept art for what Miles's upcoming new costume would look like underneath the streetwear. Personally, if this was the look they were going with for his redesign, I would dig the s*** out of that.
    It's a really great design, it makes me wonder why he decided to have streetwear over it since I imagine it's gonna get shredded. It'll be interesting to see how it looks in book.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It's a really great design, it makes me wonder why he decided to have streetwear over it since I imagine it's gonna get shredded. It'll be interesting to see how it looks in book.
    It looks very EVA ish. When is Miles gonna team up with Peni again? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    It looks very EVA ish. When is Miles gonna team up with Peni again? Lol
    I checked his post and it was EVA inspired, which is even funnier considering Miles does have his own EVA style mecha figure.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A sign of things to come, I'm guessing.
    Yup even unapolgetically had "#SpiderMan2" lol. Its comin.