Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

hopefully Ahmed at least anticipated the reaction ppl will have to this story so now he can structure the story in such a way that he subverts every expectation

Incredible Member

Maybe this “clone saga” has nothing to do with actual generic clones, but “reality” clones. Since the Ultimate Universe was restored by the Fantastic Four, maybe the Ultimate Miles still exists. Maybe that guy from the Secret Wars used his powers to “clone” Miles and his immediate cast and dropped them and their histories into 616, and the original Miles and his dad (without his mom since she died) are alive and well still in the Ultimate Universe. This could be some story where Ultimate Miles and 616 Miles meet.

Two Miles with the same memories and experience that end at the end of Secret Wars.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Maybe this “clone saga” has nothing to do with actual generic clones, but “reality” clones. Since the Ultimate Universe was restored by the Fantastic Four, maybe the Ultimate Miles still exists. Maybe that guy from the Secret Wars used his powers to “clone” Miles and his immediate cast and dropped them and their histories into 616, and the original Miles and his dad (without his mom since she died) are alive and well still in the Ultimate Universe. This could be some story where Ultimate Miles and 616 Miles meet.

Two Miles with the same memories and experience that end at the end of Secret Wars.
    Thats sounds just like when Marvel tried to convince fans the Peter they had been reading for a few decades was actually a clone the whole time until they back peddled due to backlash, which is not good.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/13...014890499?s=21
    Tweet include cover and article. Funny enough the wildly different clone idea seems like theme lol

The big guy reminds me of Spidercide. Besides that, they look uninspiring.
    Last edited by AtheistInRed; 01-12-2021 at 01:14 PM.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Writer Saladin Ahmed’s acclaimed run on MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN will hit a new highpoint this April with the CLONE SAGA, a new arc that promises to be Miles Morales’ most thrilling adventure yet. One of the most talked about comic book storylines of the nineties, the mega-popular “Clone Saga” took over the pages of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, shocking readers month after month. Now this iconic saga will be—Miles Morales-style—beginning in a special oversized anniversary issue: MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #25.

After months of buildup, the Clone Saga will be the culmination of many of the ongoing story threads that have been haunting Miles since the very beginning of Ahmed’s run. Readers will finally see the full extent of the Assessor’s meddling as his clone creations run rampant through Brooklyn. Designed by superstar artist, Marvel Stormbreaker Carmen Carnero, prepare to meet three distinct Miles clones, each one destined to turn Miles’ Super Hero career upside down.

“When Peter Parker faced his own ‘Clone Saga’ years ago, he was taking part in what was already one of the most iconic traditions in comics—the hero battling a version of themselves. Since the very first issue of MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN, I've known that I wanted put Miles through that iconic wringer in his own distinctive way,” Ahmed says. “Miles' CLONE SAGA is a story that has been months, even years, in the making. We've been planting its seeds throughout the series, from the horrors of being abducted by the Assessor to the confrontations and sacrifices of the Ultimatum epic. Moments from the past will come back to haunt Miles, and the events of the story will ensnare everyone from his baby sister to Peter Parker (who knows a thing or two about dealing with clones). The ramifications will be felt for years, and it all starts in April!”

“If you thought the first ‘Clone Saga’ was controversial," concludes editor Nick Lowe, "wait until you read what Saladin and Carmen do.”

Don’t miss the start of Miles Morales’ greatest challenge to date when the CLONE SAGA kicks off in MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #25!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=108988926

Seems like this may in fact be the anniversary idea, unfortunately. I like the weapons the normal looking one has; the big one is goofy looking; and the third is just the Doppelganger design from Absolute Carnage. Also hilarious to call the Clone Saga "mega-popular".

Incredible Member

Paying off the Assessor plot. Good.

Carmen Carnero hopefully for the full ride? Good.

Peter having some role in the story so we can get a bit more of their team up dynamic again? Good.(Last Remains in Amazing definitely left me wanting.)

Niffleheim

I never thought i would ask this question for a Miles book BUT Who is the artist? Because me no like what i'm seeing lately

Edit: I got my answer (i finally read the posts above me lol)
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-12-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Niffleheim

double post

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Miles with swords is a novel idea. He should stick around lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I never thought i would ask this question for a Miles book BUT Who is the artist? Because me no like what i'm seeing lately

Edit: I got my answer (i finally read the posts above me lol)
    Note. She has actually been on the book lately

Good to know that the current creative team will be sticking around for another six months.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Miles with swords is a novel idea. He should stick around lol

Note. She has actually been on the book lately
    has she? because i haven't been feeling the art lately. Let me check.

I still need Javier Garron back his Miles and Brooklyn are top notch.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-12-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

So female Miles clone incoming.

Will the name be Millie?

Where'd you hear about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Where'd you hear about that?
    Yeah, Imma need a source for that too.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."