Page 86 of 151 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2259
    Fantastic Member

It is an iconic modern cover that's been homaged by other heroes and reused for Miles on variant covers of his runs.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ahmed wrote Lana downplaying her feelings in her first appearance in the run...probably so Starling could fly by and take over.
    Downplay, when did Ahmed write about Lana's feeling for Miles in his run? Wasn't there a hospital scene in Bendis' run that Lana could have told Miles' about her feelings but it didn't amount to anything? Bendis put a stop to that romance not Ahmed.

The only thing that Ahmed can be accused of in his run is his concentration of Miles' immediate family and the almost complete exclusion of his friends
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-08-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Arrow

Ahmed wrote Lana downplaying her feelings in her first appearance in the run...probably so Starling could fly by and take over.
    No doubt, most authors have their pet character or characters and I think it is abundantly clear who Ahmed's pet is in the case of a Miles love interest...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Downplay, when did Ahmed write about Lana's feeling for Miles in his run? Wasn't there a hospital scene in Bendis' run that Lana could have told Miles' about her feelings but it didn't amount to anything? Bendis put a stop to that romance not Ahmed.

The only thing that Ahmed can be accused of in his run is his concentration on Miles' immediate family and the almost complete exclusion of his friends
    There was a scene with her where she's texting someone and they ask about Miles and Lana texts back that he's like a little brother or just a friend to her...or that she just didn't have time to trouble him with her feelings, or something that effect. It could be read as just a deflection.

I feel like Bendis just really left it unaddressed by the end of the run. Would have been smoother than the Barbara relationship.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    No doubt, most authors have their pet character or characters and I think it is abundantly clear who Ahmed's pet is in the case of a Miles love interest...
    There is nothing about Starling that says long time relationship thou, she just seems more a device for conflict and story than a relationship.

There was a scene with her where she's texting someone and they ask about Miles and Lana texts back that he's like a little brother or just a friend to her...or that she just didn't have time to trouble him with her feelings, or something that effect. It could be read as just a deflection.

I feel like Bendis just really left it unaddressed by the end of the run. Would have been smoother than the Barbara relationship.
    Bendis dropped it and introduced us to Destiny Barbara. That was the goal not Lana.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-08-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Fantastic Member

Wasn't there a hospital scene in Bendis' run that Lana could have told Miles' about her feelings but it didn't amount to anything? Bendis put a stop to that romance not Ahmed.

The only thing that Ahmed can be accused of in his run is his concentration of Miles' immediate family and the almost complete exclusion of his friends
    If I remember correctly they was a scene in the current run where she was talking to a friend about being with the new spider-man but Lana said it wasn't like that even though she probably still has feeling for Miles with the face she made telling her friend that to get them to stop, Ahmed loves classic spidy problems.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    If I remember correctly they was a scene in the current run where she was talking to a friend about being with the new spider-man but Lana said it wasn't like that even though she probably still has feeling for Miles with the face she made telling her friend that to get them to stop, Ahmed loves classic spidy problems.
    That didn't even register to me to be honest lol! Anyway I don't mind Ahmed setting up the foundation for a Miles love triangle brewing with Lana and Tiana. Considering how Champions is slowly changing Lana's personality I wouldn't be surprised If she does turn out to be the endgame and Tiana being Black Cat.

Bendis dropped it and introduced us to Destiny Barbara. That was the goal not Lana.
    Barbara was shown to be jealous of Lana and ended up walking off when she overheard Miles saying he was going to meet up with Lana.

She wasn't seen at all since then. Miles asked about her in Bendis' final issue, but Ganke said he hadn't heard from her.

Niffleheim

Showing Barbara being jealous doesn't prove that Miles is interested in Lana, it only showed that he is more comfortable with Lana but didn't trust Barbara after revealing his secret to Kate.

Barbara knew that Miles was a superhuman though and Miles basically told her he was (just not that he was Spider-Man):

Extraordinary Member

Showing Barbara being jealous doesn't prove that Miles is interested in Lana, it only showed that he is more comfortable with Lana but didn't trust Barbara after revealing his secret to Kate.
    I agree with this.
    Many trust friends more than GF/BF's

Miles didn't seem to take it seriously when Ganke (or was it Fabio? I forget) told him Lana was in love with him. I think he may have said she's like a sister to him?

Oh yeah, Barbara still doesn't know he's Spider-Man? Is Ganke going to end up telling her ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Barbara knew that Miles was a superhuman though and Miles basically told her he was (just not that he was Spider-Man):

I mean there is a huge difference in being a mutant/ inhuman to being Spidey.So many are mutants and inhumans, telling someone that can't be compared to telling them your secret identity

Fantastic Member

I think it was in Spider-Man Vol 2 #1 Where Ganke is telling Miles about dating Lana and they go over her good points, Miles says they are like family but Ganke corrects him saying they act like family, he doesn't when Lana is around.

Niffleheim

Miles didn't seem to take it seriously when Ganke (or was it Fabio? I forget) told him Lana was in love with him. I think he may have said she's like a sister to him?
    I vaguely remember this conversation and Miles' response to not investigating further.

Oh yeah, Barbara still doesn't know he's Spider-Man? Is Ganke going to end up telling her ?
    Ewwwww I hope not.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-08-2021 at 01:07 PM.