Page 89 of 151 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2259
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    We see a bit of Spidey in the Avengers anime.
    But can you imagine a Spider-man anime, although it would likely be Peter for a multitude of reasons but we can have his death and then miles taking the mantle.
    Think like Deku and All Might expect it starts with All Mights origins and we see him passing the reign.

The Spider-man style of fighting and movement with the webs would fit perfectly in an anime.
    Exactly, and from what I recall, he did appear in both Disk Wars and Future Avengers, even had an arc in the latter about taking down Norman Osborn for mind-controlling the Hulk so he could make it look like the Avengers couldn't be trusted and superheroes as a whole needed to be regulated for the public good by the government, mostly so no one would interfere with him as the Green Goblin. Disk Wars also had him as a major supporting character in the first several episodes, and then later he showed up bonded with/possessed by the symbiote that would become Venom. I'm just saying, I'd like to see him have his own anime series.

Awesome design by Iban Coello there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Looks awesome .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Exactly, and from what I recall, he did appear in both Disk Wars and Future Avengers, even had an arc in the latter about taking down Norman Osborn for mind-controlling the Hulk so he could make it look like the Avengers couldn't be trusted and superheroes as a whole needed to be regulated for the public good by the government, mostly so no one would interfere with him as the Green Goblin. Disk Wars also had him as a major supporting character in the first several episodes, and then later he showed up bonded with/possessed by the symbiote that would become Venom. I'm just saying, I'd like to see him have his own anime series.

Yeah, Disk Wars I vividly remember a scene of Spider-man w/ venom vs Black Widow.And Spider-man's speech about how its's easy to choose to be a hero, but difficult to remain one in the Avengers anime was great as well.Spidey needs an anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Circle Q?I assume this is another hangout place.

I wish they would use the same ones or atleast mention them in each other's books, it's slight nods but still good
    Yeah, it's a shop her friend Bruno used to work at. It's in New Jersey, which explains why other heroes (i.e. the other Champions) don't also hang out there.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Circle_Q
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Prefer this to the new suit.

So just gonna say it, they showed off Miles’ new costume and I’m not a fan of it. It seriously looks a lot like a prototype costume as opposed to one designed to be a replacement for Miles’ iconic look.

I liked the today's issue. The only negatives I really have are that:
    spoilers:
    Sean is back and Ganke and Barbara already broke up. It seems like them 'getting together' was really just for cheap drama. Completely pointless.
    end of spoilers
    On the plus side
    spoilers:
    It seems Shift will be okay for now. Billie's snot literally saved this man's life.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 08-11-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So just gonna say it, they showed off Miles’ new costume and I’m not a fan of it. It seriously looks a lot like a prototype costume as opposed to one designed to be a replacement for Miles’ iconic look.
    It looked better in today's issue than it ever has before, which helps, but it's still not great.
    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I liked the today's issue. The only negatives I really have are that:
    spoilers:
    Sean is back and Ganke and Barbara already broke up. It seems like them 'getting together' was really just for cheap drama. Completely pointless.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Same I was hoping Sean was a one off thing we wouldn't see again. And cheap drama was exactly what that "relationship" was, now that I think about it did we even see them together during their relationship? It was honestly barely even drama, Miles got mad like once and then had more important things to do. Also this might be the worst case of a solicit overblowing an issue I've ever seen, compared to the cover and solicits wording nothing actually happened. What was the big change? A costume everyone knew about? Shift not dying? Nothing even mildly surprising happened.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

After reading the issue, I would rather have Miles wear the 2020 suit or the T.R.A.C.K. suit, even the symbiote suit looks better than this suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    Same I was hoping Sean was a one off thing we wouldn't see again. And cheap drama was exactly what that "relationship" was, now that I think about it did we even see them together during their relationship? It was honestly barely even drama, Miles got mad like once and then had more important things to do.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Like Dutcher and Miles' journal. A lot of unnecessary drama that didn't really amount to much.

Speaking of side characters, I do like Mr. Sumida. I think he's played a fine supporting role so far.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also this might be the worst case of a solicit overblowing an issue I've ever seen, compared to the cover and solicits wording nothing actually happened. What was the big change? A costume everyone knew about? Shift not dying? Nothing even mildly surprising happened.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Seriously, what was that about, lol? Did they make last minute changes to the story? Was someone supposed to die?
    end of spoilers

Anyway, I hope we actually get to dig into the Assessor and who he's working for/who made him in the next story arc. His involvement in the story and it's effect on Miles has been the most interesting part of this run for me and I'm really eager to find out why any of this stuff is happening.

spoilers:
    Like Dutcher and Miles' journal. A lot of unnecessary drama that didn't really amount to much.

Speaking of side characters, I do like Mr. Sumida. I think he's played a fine supporting role so far.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Mr. Sumida is great, I really like the one on ones he has with Miles. I hope he becomes a permanent fixture of Miles' school life.
    end of spoilers
    [spoilers:
    Seriously, what was that about, lol? Did they make last minute changes to the story? Was someone supposed to die?
    end of spoilers

Anyway, I hope we actually get to dig into the Assessor and who he's working for/who made him in the next story arc. His involvement in the story and it's effect on Miles has been the most interesting part of this run for me and I'm really eager to find out why any of this stuff is happening.
    spoilers:
    It's anyone's guess really, all I know is that I might need to see a doctor for the tonal whiplash I'm experiencing.
    end of spoilers
    I do too Assessor has been a real highlight of the run for me, and I think he and who he's working for/who made him can have some real staying power as Miles' big foe/nemesis. I mean Assessor alone is a problem their maker could potentially create equivalent or even worse opponents for Miles while still being an ultimate threat.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 08-11-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Fantastic Member

I hope we see more of the Assessor as he's the first major Miles villain, first appearance is issue 8 I believe.

Another anniversary variant this time in the 2099 suit and with Daredevil

Looks like the artist took inspiration from 2099’s insignia. But man it sucks that when it comes to these variant covers, each of them actually look better than what we got for the new suit.

Some slight tweaking and this costume will be showing up in video games.