Page 90 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2259

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Looks like the artist took inspiration from 2099’s insignia. But man it sucks that when it comes to these variant covers, each of them actually look better than what we got for the new suit.
    It is kinda crazy that we got a game full of alternate costumes that are all mostly well reviewed and then we get a comic costume and it's as polarizing as it gets.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It is kinda crazy that we got a game full of alternate costumes that are all mostly well reviewed and then we get a comic costume and it's as polarizing as it gets.
    I think it's because they weren't trying to be too different as the designer said they wanted to change his silhouette but they did too much and it caused a mixed reception because the suit is too different from the one had. I feel kinda bad because they probably thought they had something but in reality it's kinda weirdly designed they way it has an actual clothes like design to them.

BANNED

Why would you want to change his silhouette in the first place? The sleek look is what's worked for the best spider costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    I think it's because they weren't trying to be too different as the designer said they wanted to change his silhouette but they did too much and it caused a mixed reception because the suit is too different from the one had. I feel kinda bad because they probably thought they had something but in reality it's kinda weirdly designed they way it has an actual clothes like design to them.
    Yeah the guy is obviously passionate about it, but it's just not resonating well with people. Also he had to be the one to do a redesign of one of the most iconic looks in modern comics, so if he didn't match it or get close it was going to be rough.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Why would you want to change his silhouette in the first place? The sleek look is what's worked for the best spider costumes.
    His costume being slick and simple has always been the suit's strongpoint imo.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 08-11-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah the guy is obviously passionate about it, but it's just not resonating well with people. Also he had to be the one to do a redesign of one of the most iconic looks in modern comics, so if he didn't match it or get close it was going to be rough.

His costume being slick and simple has always been the suit's strongpoint imo.
    I'm still waiting to see the "inner suit" within the comic.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

I worry it might end up like the new Ben suit situation years back that if the new suit is that polarizing they might ask Sara Pichelli to design a new suit or go back to the old one.

BANNED

Streetwear costumes generally indicate that someone: (1) is a rookie who can't make or get a slick costume; (2) doesn't like their costume and wants to hide it; or (3) has to layer on normal clothes for the cold.

None of these apply here, so it doesn't resonate. It's baggy/un-tactical self-expression, which seems unprofessional or attention-seeking. The under suit is cool though, and Miles has had lots of cool costumes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    I worry it might end up like the new Ben suit situation years back that if the new suit is that polarizing they might ask Sara Pichelli to design a new suit or go back to the old one.

I never expected this suit to be long lasting anyhow. Pete just had a new one a few months back and has since already return to the Amazing threads. Do something new for an arc or 2 and go back to classic.

BANNED

Adult Miles based on MJ:

https://www.**********.com/artwork/RYkmlA

Old Man Miles based on Giancarlo Esposito

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAI
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-11-2021 at 08:21 PM.

That's a...very elongated head. He looks kind of like...Frozone?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's a...very elongated head. He looks kind of like...Frozone?
    That is how Jeff looks in Into the Spider-Verse.

spoilers:
    Mr. Sumida is great, I really like the one on ones he has with Miles. I hope he becomes a permanent fixture of Miles' school life.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's anyone's guess really, all I know is that I might need to see a doctor for the tonal whiplash I'm experiencing.
    end of spoilers
    I do too Assessor has been a real highlight of the run for me, and I think he and who he's working for/who made him can have some real staying power as Miles' big foe/nemesis. I mean Assessor alone is a problem their maker could potentially create equivalent or even worse opponents for Miles while still being an ultimate threat.
    What if the Assessors maker is “The Maker”.....jk😏

Extraordinary Member

So I read the issue and didn't know what to make of it so I read it again today and...

It's disappointing, the solicits said something huge was coming, and specifically said they know it's said a lot but this is bigger but nothing.

spoilers:
    It's like they were trying to go for the "personal and professional life messed up by the clones" but they didn't let it breathe.Should have been 6-10 issues, the highest stakes were with the sister but we all knew she wasn't getting hurt.the thing is, no one did.There were no ramifications, instead we just get a brother in Shift.

Speaking of Shift, he's cool.I do like him(much more than Miles's [and most new characters rn] introduction way back when) and hope he is a focus.

Barbara and Ganke... I mean they got together for manufactured tension to make it seem like stakes were higher and things were tougher but I wish they developed that.Even if they want to break them up give a better reason, I mean them dating was random but we know why they did(manufactured tension) but they make it blatantly obvious.Even the text's have no ramification.

I like Mr. Sumida, he's cool.But no ramifications at school either.

The rant by the kid's mom rubbed me the wrong way.It's like a charity complaining you only donated a particular sum of money and not more, and it's not like they are avg. civilians in this scenario.The heroes give everything to save their lives but an angel didn't drop from the sky to take care of my kid(which is the parent's job btw) so their B.S.(she says Superheroes are B.S. btw, I'm not making this bigger than it seems).What's worse is many of them from Cap to Iron-man and most importantly Spider-man(you know, the guy whose name Miles has) do help civilians.
    If she was complaining that life is unfair and it's good some people help out if they can I'd agree, but she acts like it's owed to her and if says heroes who save millions of lives don't take care of her kid their B.S..

The costume isn't good imo, looks way to baggy and Kaine like for me.It's not bad either.

The tonal whiplash is insane and Miles's end speech doesn't feel earned.If they let the clones breathe and gave us actual consequences(which Miles as a character never seems to face) and then had him not loose hope and be positive it would feel great.No one is hurt, his school life is fine and teacher is understanding and praising him and giving him extra time, his family is understanding and supportive, Ganke has no grudge and him and barbara even broke up and he will be dating again.And has a brother in Shift.
    end of spoilers

What makes Spider-man and these types of stories interesting is falling and rising and growing from said fall.I know they aren't making the same stories(atleast not 100%) and am glad for it, but if they take out such a crucial aspect they need to replace it with something else which they don't and this isn't just for this story for Miles but it is blatantly obvious here.There's no stakes, no tension, no ramifications and thus the positives and wins don't feel earned.

Not a character problem, they need to give him actual consequences and keep his positive attitude to show his character as a contrast and difference to Spidey.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-12-2021 at 04:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    What if the Assessors maker is “The Maker”.....jk��
    Could be cool if he is a minion to him.
    If he is Maker then Miles lost his one villain he had that was decent, other than prowler if you can call him one.

Variants for next weeks annual: