Page 93 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2259
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it came in the comics before there was even an idea for ITSV.
    Wait, fr?
    I don't think I believe they came up with such a bad ship and mess up the execution even worse on their own.Then again this is Marvel, they have done much worse
    Can someone confirm this?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wait, fr?
    I don't think I believe they came up with such a bad ship and mess up the execution even worse on their own.Then again this is Marvel, they have done much worse
    Can someone confirm this?
    Uh, yeah. Sitting in a Tree(the name for the arc) started in like, january 2017. And Spider-Verse came in like december 2018. Methinks you might be overblowing it a touch.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    As I noted, it's still a thing though.
    Hopefully not, that ship was horrible imo.
    It only came to be as an ITSV tie-in(if you can call it that) cashgrab and the story was one of the worst ship starts I've ever read.
    NO it did NOT. Bendis did it in his final run with Miles that crossover with Spider-Gwen's book. J Scott Campbell has mad a few variants off that including one going for $100 on Ebay.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sitting_In_A_Tree

Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #12
    Spider-Gwen (Vol. 2) #16
    Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #13
    Spider-Gwen (Vol. 2) #17
    Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #14
    Spider-Gwen (Vol. 2) #18

And we saw a future when they had kids Max & Charlotte Stacey Morales. Who have been seen at least 5 times.

Max has a hoody, mittens and cap for his costume. He started super hereoing at age 10.

Into Spiderverse script was greenlighted in 2015 and done in 2016. The romance was suppose to be there but was SCRAPPED.

Now it could be guessed that Bendis-who was a consultant on the film took that scrapped idea and may have given up that movie in Sitting in A Tree.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 08-14-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Uh, yeah. Sitting in a Tree(the name for the arc) started in like, january 2017. And Spider-Verse came in like december 2018. Methinks you might be overblowing it a touch.
    Oh okay.My bad.
    Not really though, the fact that they thought it was a good idea as is(as in it wasn't taken from ITSV which has different versions of characters) makes it worse.
    But to each there own, personally I think Lana is the best romance.Starling seems mediocre, barbara is fine.Gwen is the worst IMO(I'm not saying this is objective which should go without saying but oh well)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO it did NOT. Bendis did it in his final run with Miles that crossover with Spider-Gwen's book. J Scott Campbell has mad a few variants off that including one going for $100 on Ebay.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sitting_In_A_Tree

Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #12
    Spider-Gwen (Vol. 2) #16
    Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #13
    Spider-Gwen (Vol. 2) #17
    Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #14
    Spider-Gwen (Vol. 2) #18

And we saw a future when they had kids Max & Charlotte Stacey Morales. Who have been seen at least 5 times.

Max has a hoody, mittens and cap for his costume. He started super hereoing at age 10.

Into Spiderverse script was greenlighted in 2015 and done in 2016. The romance was suppose to be there but was SCRAPPED.

Now it could be guessed that Bendis-who was a consultant on the film took that scrapped idea and may have given up that movie in Sitting in A Tree.
    A couple of guys beat you too but thanks nonetheless.

5 times in this arc?Or in other ones?

Yeah, I mean as you say it was scripted in 2015-2016 so bendis may have taken inspiration.

I think it isn't scrapped, more like organically delayed into second film.Do you think they will date in the second one?If so how does that even work with Different Earths and such?
    And will they try and adapt it into comics?

Recently, Miles had some ship teasing variants:

Despite not really interacting much recently, they still seem like a pretty popular pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

Despite not really interacting much recently, they still seem like a pretty popular pairing.
    I guess artists are into it more than writers?

BANNED

Those issues are back-to-back, so it seems like an editorial thing. They might like the ship themselves or they might be trying to cater to the ITSV folks.

Incredible Member

I guess artists are into it more than writers?

I mean the story itself ended with the relationship being open ended. "Friends, *for now*.

It can literally be solidified whenever someone does want to go for it, but as far as solo writers go, Miles has only had 2, so its not like other writers can just go ahead and make it so behind the solo writer's back if they have their own ideas for romance coughstarlingcough.

Its just a thing thats there, people can love the pairing if they want but otherwise its nothing to be too upset about otherwise i'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I mean the story itself ended with the relationship being open ended. "Friends, *for now*.

It can literally be solidified whenever someone does want to go for it, but as far as solo writers go, Miles has only had 2, so its not like other writers can just go ahead and make it so behind the solo writer's back if they have their own ideas for romance coughstarlingcough.

Its just a thing thats there, people can love the pairing if they want but otherwise its nothing to be too upset about otherwise i'd say.
    Gwen's last writer didn't seem all that into it either. I think the only writer who seemed willing to reference it was Gage in Spidergeddon.

BANNED

At this point, neither has anything to contribute to the other's development or bring out anything interesting in the other.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-14-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Fantastic Member

Can we get a Miles and Sam buddy cop adventure, plz Marvel.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Can we get a Miles and Sam buddy cop adventure, plz Marvel.
    Sam Wilson? Yeah, that'd be cool. If you mean Sam Alexander, that would also be cool. Those two don't hang out enough compared to Miles and Kamala.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Gwen's last writer didn't seem all that into it either. I think the only writer who seemed willing to reference it was Gage in Spidergeddon.
    Tru, but gwen is in mini series-ish land now so her appearances may not be able to go for those kind of changes now anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post

If we start going by covers and specially variants then we would have a lot of parirings.
    They re popular because of ITSV, which is great but in comics they are not popular.