Page 98 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2259

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Now that you mention it besides Champions and the Iron Man annul has anyone besides Ahmed written Miles in recent years?
    There was also that Spider-Verse series from a year or so ago, which was pretty fun:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't dislike it but the current direction definitely isn't "wowing" me.
    The thing is that series can only take off w/ a good story.The characters can't carry it like current Avengers run.None of them, even Miles and Kamala are at that stage yet.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    There was also that Spider-Verse series from a year or so ago, which was pretty fun:
    I totally forgot about this series. It had, like, Spider-Zero or something and brought Noir back? Feels like forever ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The thing is that series can only take off w/ a good story.The characters can't carry it like current Avengers run.None of them, even Miles and Kamala are at that stage yet.
    I feel like this kind of story would be boring even with the Avengers.

I totally forgot about this series. It had, like, Spider-Zero or something and brought Noir back? Feels like forever ago.
    The final issue came out March last year, it's crazy.

It was fun, I just wish it was a little more cohesive if I remember correctly only the first issue and last two issues were really necessary for the story. I also hope we get to see Spider-Zero again someday she was a nice if a bit random addition.

The final issue came out March last year, it's crazy.
    In other words, it's a book that coincidentally ended when the pandemic started, and obviously the topic soon changed to "when the hell are we getting our comics back!?!" - people were concerned that more popular books had suddenly stopped because Diamond shut up shop. Any hope of something following it up was destroyed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I feel like this kind of story would be boring even with the Avengers.
    Avengers is horrible rn, I mean absolutely terrible but it still sells miles better than Champions.
    It's the characters that sell the Avengers, Champions has none on that level rn.

Fantastic Member

Miles sells but he can't carry a team book when editorial and the writer aren't on the same page, if it was with some of the Champions or just Miles,Kamala, and Sam having adventures it would sell but it has to have a direction of were the story goes, unfortunately, Champions kinda died when they renumbered the book and took Zub off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Miles sells but he can't carry a team book when editorial and the writer aren't on the same page, if it was with some of the Champions or just Miles,Kamala, and Sam having adventures it would sell but it has to have a direction of were the story goes, unfortunately, Champions kinda died when they renumbered the book and took Zub off.
    Maybe the Teen Trinity could sell a book, although Kamala hasn't really had a lot of sales success since her first run.

I wonder how long they'll wait before doing another Nova book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Individually all 3 can sell imo.Specially Miles whose around or below 50 in sales on avg. and Kamala w/ her T.V. show but it takes a lot more popularity for you to sell a second book specially a team one.
    The Avengers is a household name, the team name itself is popular regardless of line up, Champions isn't there yet.
    Best way imo is focus on trinity and get a writer who writes good team dynamic, because story is horrible rn and even if it were decent we saw in Black Cat it still won't sell.
    You have to appeal this from a standpoint of you read it for the team, because I doubt people tune into Champions for the story.

Maybe the Teen Trinity could sell a book, although Kamala hasn't really had a lot of sales success since her first run.

I wonder how long they'll wait before doing another Nova book.
    I just checked and it's going on five years since the last Nova book and Sam had to share that one. I don't think Marvel has much confidence in him considering how often he gets replaced in the trio by some other character, or just has only Miles and Kamala show up.

He usually gets replaced by Squirrel Girl, right?
    Even if Sam isn't much of a draw himself, surely the combo of Miles and Kamala would be more than enough to make up for it.

Squirrel Girl and recently Reptil in the scholastic books, and funnily enough occasionally by Ironheart especially since she'll be appearing in Ahmed's run before Sam too. All Sam's gotten in this run is an appearance in a group shot and I might not even be remembering that right.

I remember joking about Ahmed writing a new Sam solo because he already did Miles and Kamala's book .

Incredible Member

I remember joking about Ahmed writing a new Sam solo because he already did Miles and Kamala's book .
    I'd have to wonder how many pages any future writer would dedicate to the missing dad plot........a plot they finished before Secret Wars, said sike after Secret Wars, aaand has been unresolved ever since. My biggest reason to potentially eyeroll any future Sam series.