Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    As long as they don't have Spidey as some annoying kid, it would be great. I know Bats is more of a veteran but Pete has plenty of experience. Still they go great together.
    They do have a lot of overlap in certain respects --- scary animal motifs, motivation to fight crime from a tragic and violent death inflicted on a parent (both parents in Batman's case, a parental figure in Spider-Man's case, but still), using intelligence in the forms of advanced gadgetry and psychological manipulation to overcome nominally superior adversaries (Batman makes his enemies afraid to face him, Spider-Man makes them so angry with his quips that they can't see straight and careen headlong into their own defeats), enemies include a lot of the criminal underworld of their respective cities and many who could be considered twisted reflections of themselves . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    As long as they don't have Spidey as some annoying kid, it would be great. I know Bats is more of a veteran but Pete has plenty of experience. Still they go great together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    They do have a lot of overlap in certain respects --- scary animal motifs, motivation to fight crime from a tragic and violent death inflicted on a parent (both parents in Batman's case, a parental figure in Spider-Man's case, but still), using intelligence in the forms of advanced gadgetry and psychological manipulation to overcome nominally superior adversaries (Batman makes his enemies afraid to face him, Spider-Man makes them so angry with his quips that they can't see straight and careen headlong into their own defeats), enemies include a lot of the criminal underworld of their respective cities and many who could be considered twisted reflections of themselves . . .
    All of this.

Extraordinary Member

Weird idea...but would a in-616-universe animated movie of Spider-Man work? Maybe do a giant sized one shot and the movie as the same story that fits in between one story arc and the next?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Weird idea...but would a in-616-universe animated movie of Spider-Man work? Maybe do a giant sized one shot and the movie as the same story that fits in between one story arc and the next?
    That can be difficult to implement because of how long it takes for movies to be made.

Something similar was tried with Ultimate Spider-Man game, apparently it worked well with what Marvel was going for at the time, but with the way the comics advanced, the game's events couldn't work (Namely the game's version of Carnage), so it stopped being canon, it did get a story-arc based on it afterwards at least.

It can also make the movie's enjoyment harder if it references stuff from 616 that don't usually end up in other adaptations, and makes keeping track of comics stories an even bigger headache, and super-heroes are obnoxiously convoluted as is.

Also, I was checking out random stuff in Avenging Spider-Man, and Spidey has a pretty big ass in issue#5 for some reason:

Figured a Spidey appreciation thread would like this .

Astonishing Member

Damn, Spidey has a t h i c c bodonkadonk. Sorry Cap, now THAT’s America’s ass.

Felicia and Mary Jane certanly appreciated the view (this is not a joke, is actually canon lol).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

The thing about Peter is that he is the total package...without the ego that usually comes with it. Smart, funny, good looking, physically fit and just an all around really nice guy. If only editorial could get over the perpetually down on his luck nonsense.

Extraordinary Member

The thing about Peter is that he is the total package...without the ego that usually comes with it. Smart, funny, good looking, physically fit and just an all around really nice guy. If only editorial could get over the perpetually down on his luck nonsense.
    Spitting facts

Would explain his luck with woman then always thought he was just the archetype for the nerd getting that girl or just one of the the more successful ones
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Good points. Also just like how Batman intentionally wanted his costume to look theatrical, so did Peter if we think about it. Initially in AF #15 he wanted to be a television performer so he made a suit of only primary colors and with armpit webs. The armpit webs look like something a performer would wear on stage.

This isn't talked about enough but both Peter and Miles have costumes that fit their personalities and their inner desires. Peter was a nerd and outcast who wanted to be seen, so he made a suit of primary colors red and blue with a lot of performer elements to it like the armpit webs. Miles wants to stand out and be his own creative self so his costume is very odd-looking, with the upside down spider on the back, the web patterns only on the fingers, and the graffiti on the chest in the case of ITSV.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-03-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Would explain his luck with woman then always thought he was just the archetype for the nerd getting that girl or just one of the the more successful ones
    Weird thing is that, despite him dressing like a nerd back in high school, he didn't really behave like one, just had an interest in science.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Good points. Also just like how Batman intentionally wanted his costume to look theatrical, so did Peter if we think about it. Initially in AF #15 he wanted to be a television performer so he made a suit of only primary colors and with armpit webs. The armpit webs look like something a performer would wear on stage.

This isn't talked about enough but both Peter and Miles have costumes that fit their personalities and their inner desires. Peter was a nerd and outcast who wanted to be seen, so he made a suit of primary colors red and blue with a lot of performer elements to it like the armpit webs. Miles wants to stand out and be his own creative self so his costume is very odd-looking, with the upside down spider on the back, the web patterns only on the fingers, and the graffiti on the chest in the case of ITSV.
    Too bad Miles' costume was handed to him by someone else, without his input even, so it representing him doesn't work as much in the comics.

Anyways, lately whenever I'm reading silver age comics, I hear Peter's voice as 2000's Spidey game:

Don't even know when that happened, since I don't tend to think about the game much, I guess at some point I subconsciously realized that his speech pattern uses Spidey's silver age speech pattern, and he talks in a way that sounds serious and dorky, just feels like a perfect voice for that era, at least to me.

I read the Batman/Spider-Man croosovers by DeMatteis, they were fun, nothing special, just two little stories about the two teaming up, althought you could make the argument that the second one was more of a "Kingpin vs Ra's Al Ghul" storyline. Bruce is a bit of a bicth because he is in his post-Zero Hour phase of "everyone should be afraid of me, including my allies", this was also the time when Batjerk was becoming his default charactherization instead of just something that he did when something really awfull happened, still he does apoligize to Peter eventually and they end in good terms. Is a bit weird for Peter following Batman's order about leaving Gotham immediatly because of seniority (this also that weird universe when DC and Marvel are the same earth), but he got over that quickly and in the second story he just tells Bruce to cut that BS and just resolved the thing together like they did last time, Bats even tries to be less of a bicth lol. Best and also more stupid moment was Batman and Spider-Man disguising thenselves as Kingpin's thugs in spite of having full costume under that disguise lol.

The interactions beetween Carnage and Joker are pretty good and i like hiw J.M hightlight their differences and i do like how Cletus is shown to be a coward deep down whenever he face something that his symbiote can't save him from, althought it probably doesn't mixed with his overall charactherization, but it does give Carnage a bit more of a personality.

Kingpin and Ra's are basically the main fight in the second croosover and is actually cool to see Fisk showing him that he shouldn't be understimated in spite of just being a crime boss, still i feel that Batman and Spider-Man should have been more active in that story.

Also, if you like the marriage, both stories start with a very nice moment beetween Peter and MJ.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

Good point about theatricality being something both Batman and Spider-Man have in common, even if for differing reasons --- Batman to terrify and Spider-Man to amaze, though given he was based on a spider . . . terrifying got packaged in, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Weird thing is that, despite him dressing like a nerd back in high school, he didn't really behave like one, just had an interest in science.

Too bad Miles' costume was handed to him by someone else, without his input even, so it representing him doesn't work as much in the comics.

Anyways, lately whenever I'm reading silver age comics, I hear Peter's voice as 2000's Spidey game:

Don't even know when that happened, since I don't tend to think about the game much, I guess at some point I subconsciously realized that his speech pattern uses Spidey's silver age speech pattern, and he talks in a way that sounds serious and dorky, just feels like a perfect voice for that era, at least to me.
    Rino Romano is very underrated as a Spider-Man voice actor. I liked him in Spider-Man Unlimited (the animated series) and he was pretty good as The Batman in that particular animated series, to keep up the Spider-Man/Batman compare/contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I read the Batman/Spider-Man croosovers by DeMatteis, they were fun, nothing special, just two little stories about the two teaming up, althought you could make the argument that the second one was more of a "Kingpin vs Ra's Al Ghul" storyline. Bruce is a bit of a bicth because he is in his post-Zero Hour phase of "everyone should be afraid of me, including my allies", this was also the time when Batjerk was becoming his default charactherization instead of just something that he did when something really awfull happened, still he does apoligize to Peter eventually and they end in good terms. Is a bit weird for Peter following Batman's order about leaving Gotham immediatly because of seniority (this also that weird universe when DC and Marvel are the same earth), but he got over that quickly and in the second story he just tells Bruce to cut that BS and just resolved the thing together like they did last time, Bats even tries to be less of a bicth lol. Best and also more stupid moment was Batman and Spider-Man disguising thenselves as Kingpin's thugs in spite of having full costume under that disguise lol.

The interactions beetween Carnage and Joker are pretty good and i like hiw J.M hightlight their differences and i do like how Cletus is shown to be a coward deep down whenever he face something that his symbiote can't save him from, althought it probably doesn't mixed with his overall charactherization, but it does give Carnage a bit more of a personality.

Kingpin and Ra's are basically the main fight in the second croosover and is actually cool to see Fisk showing him that he shouldn't be understimated in spite of just being a crime boss, still i feel that Batman and Spider-Man should have been more active in that story.

Also, if you like the marriage, both stories start with a very nice moment beetween Peter and MJ.
    Kingpin beat the Red Skull at one point. The Red Skull, who was inhabiting a cloned body of Captain America at that time. Yeah, he should never be underestimated, especially now that he's ready to burn everything down in Devil's Reign. That said, I do concur with your point about the superficial similarities between Joker and Carnage giving way to more fundamental differences --- Carnage just wants to kill as messily and brutally as possible, and Joker wants to make a big theatrical show of it, not to mention that Joker is so dedicated to his nihilism, he'll gladly die to make his point, while Carnage is ultimately a coward behind all his maniacal, murderous bluster.

Rino Romano is very underrated as a Spider-Man voice actor. I liked him in Spider-Man Unlimited (the animated series) and he was pretty good as The Batman in that particular animated series, to keep up the Spider-Man/Batman compare/contrast.
    Somehow I didn't realize that he voiced Spidey in both of those, and it's not like he changes his voice that much lol.

But yeah, in either case he does a pretty good job.

Kingpin beat the Red Skull at one point. The Red Skull, who was inhabiting a cloned body of Captain America at that time.
    I remember reading that, the fight was hilarious lol.

I hear that Cap at some point fought Fisk, and also struggled against him.

Yeah, he should never be underestimated, especially now that he's ready to burn everything down in Devil's Reign. That said, I do concur with your point about the superficial similarities between Joker and Carnage giving way to more fundamental differences --- Carnage just wants to kill as messily and brutally as possible, and Joker wants to make a big theatrical show of it, not to mention that Joker is so dedicated to his nihilism, he'll gladly die to make his point, while Carnage is ultimately a coward behind all his maniacal, murderous bluster.
    Sometimes writers go too much on the tryhard side and make Joker into little more than a psychopath, which ends up making him into "Basically Carnage without the symbiote", so it sucks when that happens lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Somehow I didn't realize that he voiced Spidey in both of those, and it's not like he changes his voice that much lol.

But yeah, in either case he does a pretty good job.

I remember reading that, the fight was hilarious lol.

I hear that Cap at some point fought Fisk, and also struggled against him.

Sometimes writers go too much on the tryhard side and make Joker into little more than a psychopath, which ends up making him into "Basically Carnage without the symbiote", so it sucks when that happens lol.
    Yeah, that's true, and speaking of "try-hard," I still say The Batman Who Laughs (merging Batman and the Joker) being a threat to the DC Multiverse is a seriously scaled-up (and edged-up) version of Spider-Carnage from the 90s animated series finale. Hell, Dark Nights: Metal (and Death Metal) reminds me of an inversion of Spider Wars, where it's the evil counterparts of the central character that team up against their good counterpart and his allies.