Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Peter Parker/Spider-Man Appreciation 2021.

The original Spider-Man and his success has led to other Spiders. THE Marvel Comics character. Also we're now one year (!) away from the character's 60th anniversary.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Indeed, we are. Often imitated, often duplicated, often emulated . . . but still the best hero --- if not character --- ever created for Marvel Comics, to say nothing of the superhero genre in general. One more year to go, and he'll be a solid 60 years old in publication . . . and according to Marvel time, which posits 1 year in-universe for every 4 years in real life, he may (finally) hit the big 30! That ought to be something.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed, we are. Often imitated, often duplicated, often emulated . . . but still the best hero --- if not character --- ever created for Marvel Comics, to say nothing of the superhero genre in general. One more year to go, and he'll be a solid 60 years old in publication . . . and according to Marvel time, which posits 1 year in-universe for every 4 years in real life, he may (finally) hit the big 30! That ought to be something.
    To me, Peter Parker/Spider-Man will always be THE Marvel Comics character. As the year goes on, I'm hoping for what we can expect for his 60th anniversary next year. Spider-Man's 50th anniversary was a mixed bag.

Kraven's Last Hunt is definitely a classic, and Mike Zeck is one of my all-time favorite artists...

I still own the hardcover/HC version, which I bought when it was first released. No need to get an extra copy (unless a "Special Edition" is announced).

Also, a heartfelt & tender moment between newlyweds (one of my favorites, actually):

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-01-2021 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    To me, Peter Parker/Spider-Man will always be THE Marvel Comics character. As the year goes on, I'm hoping for what we can expect for his 60th anniversary next year. Spider-Man's 50th anniversary was a mixed bag.
    Oh, definitely. If Nick Spencer is still on by 2022, I'm pretty sure he could do better.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

I was born in August 1962...I will be looking forward to Spidey's 60th and hope Marvel make "a song and a dance" of it...but I can't say I'm in a rush to hit 60! Ha ha...

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    I was born in August 1962...I will be looking forward to Spidey's 60th and hope Marvel make "a song and a dance" of it...but I can't say I'm in a rush to hit 60! Ha ha...
    Understandable. Happy New Year, still, and hopefully a happy birthday when that day comes.

Happy New Year to Peter Parker .

Astonishing Member

I remember Spidey’s 30th anniversary like yesterday. Very 90s foil hologram covers for all the titles (back then it was ASM, Web, Spec and adjectiveless). Good stories in them too. I think this was when Peter’s fake parents came back as well. My late Uncle was a huge Spidey fan and used to give me all the issues when he was done and talk about his old adventures with me. I miss him so much...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Kraven's Last Hunt is definitely a classic, and Mike Zeck is one of my all-time favorite artists...

I still own the hardcover/HC version, which I bought when it was first released. No need to get an extra copy (unless a "Special Edition" is announced).

Also, a heartfelt & tender moment between newlyweds (one of my favorites, actually):

Black Costume, 80's, was this included in the "Alien Costume Saga" TPB by chance?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Black Costume, 80's, was this included in the "Alien Costume Saga" TPB by chance?
    Highly doubtful as it isn’t the alien costume, but a cloth version. Also, KLH is its own unique arc that usually stands by itself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    How it all began . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    How it all began . . .
    Personally, I'll always love this scene with the pupils on the mask...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Personally, I'll always love this scene with the pupils on the mask...

Yeah, that captured his moment of shock and shame quite well.