Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Devil's Reign 2 preview w/ Ben

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/23/ex...evils-reign-2/

So the Ben focus before his tie-in stuff

Kingpin doesn't know who Spider-man is but he figures there's a connection to the Bugle

We know Bugle's getting decimated later in Beyond, damn Spidey's name attracts a lot of attention to it.

Again as much as I wish Peter was here for this since he helped build so much of this event, I hope they do Ben justice here.

The art is drop dead gorgeous so there's that

How does Kingpin not know that Peter Parker is literally hired Spider-man as his body guard during parker industries. Or when Spider-man saved Peter Parker girlfriend Mary Jane again? When was the last time he updated that file lol.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

At least we have some Ben this week, I hope Gleason gives us a little peak in his issue too

Poor Danny. But he's still a hero .

Man, Dani Cage's Superhero parents sure drag her around.

It's nice to see the Bugle make an appearance, even under the circumstances.

Astonishing Member

That art is so sexy ...

Astonishing Member

Actually looks really good. Funny we get better character work with Ben in the tie-ins than the main ASM
    books *sigh*. Does anyone else think it was intentional that Ben’s narration of ‘the greatest mimic’ appears next to him in a panel he’s by himself? I know he’s describing Task Master, but in a meta way it looks like he’s talking about himself.

The art is great too. The only negative is Danny and Ben pretty much look the same on account of their hair.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Actually looks really good. Funny we get better character work with Ben in the tie-ins than the main ASM
    books *sigh*. Does anyone else think it was intentional that Ben’s narration of ‘the greatest mimic’ appears next to him in a panel he’s by himself? I know he’s describing Task Master, but in a meta way it looks like he’s talking about himself.

The art is great too. The only negative is Danny and Ben pretty much look the same on account of their hair.
    I thought the exact same thing about the mimic narration bit

so Ben fights taskmaster and whiplash manage to remove whiplash from the hostages. but Taskmaster put the power damper collar on him and kick him out of the daily bugle. Ben tried to web sling but his arm got dislocated and he fell on top of a car ouch

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so Ben fights taskmaster and whiplash manage to remove whiplash from the hostages. but Taskmaster put the power damper collar on him and kick him out of the daily bugle. Ben tried to web sling but his arm got dislocated and he fell on top of a car ouch
    Ben sure is getting beat up a lot.

Extraordinary Member

Disappointing for Ben, was hoping for more but hopefully if he is going to jail then we can see some inner monologue connecting to how Janine must have felt

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ben sure is getting beat up a lot.
    cant be a spiderman without pain. Had this been in the beyong story im sure his new suit would have lessen the blow

Astonishing Member

Ben repeated his favorite trick from ‘Revelations’… falling off ’The Daily Bugle’ onto parked cars on the street below. Literally all that’s missing is the glider spike in his back.

In a vacuum, this is a good issue. But as part of a greater pattern of Ben getting his butt kicked every arc… that’s starting to become an issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Ben repeated his favorite trick from ‘Revelations’… falling off ’The Daily Bugle’ onto parked cars on the street below. Literally all that’s missing is the glider spike in his back.

In a vacuum, this is a good issue. But as part of a greater pattern of Ben getting his butt kicked every arc… that’s starting to become an issue.
    That suit has got to be the most useless thing ever
    Although probably why he survived that fall w/out powers so maybe not entirely so

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That suit has got to be the most useless thing ever
    Although probably why he survived that fall w/out powers so maybe not entirely so
    What’s disappointing is #76 when he took on all the U-Foes single-handedly, he used all these Beyond gadgets to take them down.

And then in all the other stories he never uses a single gadget again? Doesn’t make sense and a totally wasted opportunity to boot…

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Disappointing for Ben, was hoping for more but hopefully if he is going to jail then we can see some inner monologue connecting to how Janine must have felt
    If it helps, Ben has been in prison before, albeit while pretending to be Peter while Peter (as Scarlet Spider and then Spider-Man) tried to figure out who set him up to look like a murderer. (Spoiler for those not in the know: It was Kaine, who was actually trying to frame Ben, but since Kaine and Ben were both clones of Peter, they had identical fingerprints to his, hence Peter being arrested and tried for Kaine's murders. He was acquitted when Kaine confessed, even saying he had surgery to make his prints identical to Peter's --- and then tried to kill Ben on the spot, only to be foiled by Spider-Man/Peter.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.