Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://twitter.com/sighsin616/statu...996608/photo/1

This is why peter doesn't go to therapy
    What was in this? It's deleted now.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not Moonstone, she'd just mess him up even more for sick laughs.
    Wonder what Moonstone would have to say about the time he briefly dated Carol, since, y'know, around the same time Moonstone was Miss Marvel in Dark Avengers lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can count on maybe two hands the number of Superheroes who actually go to therapy...
    And with how many of those the therapy is actually effective? .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And with how many of those the therapy is actually effective? .
    I think I can count that on one hand.

Extraordinary Member

What was in this? It's deleted now.
    Peter going to therapy and the therapist loosing his mind

I can't remember which issue although I think it's a back-up

Peter going to therapy and the therapist loosing his mind

I can't remember which issue although I think it's a back-up
    If it's what I'm thinking off, it's a back-up from ASM#600:

And it has a mean spirited jab, afterwards:

Mocking fans by saying the marriage won't last (This was published after OMD after all), and reminding fans of Sins Past, yeah, definitely made to piss off fans, probably worked too .

Extraordinary Member

If it's what I'm thinking off, it's a back-up from ASM#600:

This is it, yeah.

And it has a mean spirited jab, afterwards:

Mocking fans by saying the marriage won't last (This was published after OMD after all), and reminding fans of Sins Past, yeah, definitely made to piss off fans, probably worked too .
    Holy sh*t this is vile

For more than a decades Marvel would punish you to read ASM huh.Like they want you to hate it and quit....

So done w/ all the character assasinations and replacements ,etc. really hope the creative team after Beyond actually respects the character.

Holy sh*t this is vile
    And it's even worse if you remember this cover is mocking ASM Annual#21 lol.

I wouldn't mind it as much if was something random the artist decided to draw, James Cho for example, once made a joke cover about Norman asking Spider-Gwen where their kids were, and while it reminds fans of Sins Past, it's a joke cover and he makes plenty of those.

But this? This not only is in the official release, it's also in a fucking celebratory issue, hilariously disrespectful lol.

For more than a decades Marvel would punish you to read ASM huh.Like they want you to hate it and quit....
    The problem was this whole immature way they're handling it.

ASM in the BND era, and in a lot of Slott's issues, was mocking fans for liking the marriage, Big Time even had Peter asking to crash in MJ's apartment and they both laugh at the possibility.

It was just annoying, they either didn't talk about marriage by sidelining MJ, or did something that mocked fans for liking married Spidey, with mostly no in-betweens.

I particularly only prefer Peter with MJ, 'cause I feel like it improves both of 'em, but if they're separated I won't mind it too much, but the way they kept disrespecting anyone for liking the marriage, fucking grow up, those writers and editors are adults and were acting like immature kids.

So done w/ all the character assasinations and replacements ,etc. really hope the creative team after Beyond actually respects the character.
    What I'm getting annoyed at are the literal assassinations, Flash dying in GDS was whatever, Boomerang got fun development and Spencer killed him too, and since Harry died in the same story arc, Boomerang's death will get less attention, kinda like how George's death is always overshadowed by Gwen's.

I can understand the appeal of killing characters, even if it's mostly just fridging, it can make cheap, easy drama, and drama sells, and while character deaths can give alright stories like DeWolff's death, it's still worse in the long run to kill them as it makes the world smaller, and that's bad in something like Spider-Man since it has no planned end, specially since the characters who are dying are generally civilians (Although Flash and Boomerang aren't), and making Spidey's civilian life even smaller doesn't solve the issue of his civilian life being so sidelined, something that even Spencer's run didn't solve.

But yeah, can only wonder if the next writer will do an alright job at least, we'll have to wait and see as always.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for sharing this. I was especially fond of the one where Spider-Man traveled to UA from My Hero Academia, even though the brace on his left wrist would suggest he was the Japanese live-action version from the 1970s (who later appeared in Spider-Verse and reappeared in Spider-Geddon).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That's a shame. I'd have liked to see Spectacular Spider-Man's story continued in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, since Josh Keaton was initially supposed to reprise the role of Peter/Spidey there. Even had some ideas for what could have happened in the interval between Spectacular's conclusion and Peter's (re)appearance in EMH.

Lucky that Spectacular avoided that trainwreck lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a shame. I'd have liked to see Spectacular Spider-Man's story continued in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, since Josh Keaton was initially supposed to reprise the role of Peter/Spidey there. Even had some ideas for what could have happened in the interval between Spectacular's conclusion and Peter's (re)appearance in EMH.
    Pretty sure Josh Keaton was just gonna voice that Spider-Man and that's it, I doubt they were supposed to be in the same universe, specially since it's not even the same people involved.

Hell, EMH has enough continuity issues with WATXM despite only sharing a few elements, I'm sure the Hulk vs movies wouldn't help, Spectacular being thrown in that mix, yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I think it was going to be a "soft" continuity thing since they were planning to bring back more than just Keaton from Spec (Grey Griffin was Betty and there was some speculation Darran Norris was supposed to be Jonah before they brought in JK Simmons since he ended up playing an incidental character and wasn't in the show's cast prior to that).

Lucky that Spectacular avoided that trainwreck lol.

Pretty sure Josh Keaton was just gonna voice that Spider-Man and that's it, I doubt they were supposed to be in the same universe, specially since it's not even the same people involved.

Hell, EMH has enough continuity issues with WATXM despite only sharing a few elements, I'm sure the Hulk vs movies wouldn't help, Spectacular being thrown in that mix, yeah...
    Fair points there.