Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that's true, and speaking of "try-hard," I still say The Batman Who Laughs (merging Batman and the Joker) being a threat to the DC Multiverse is a seriously scaled-up (and edged-up) version of Spider-Carnage from the 90s animated series finale. Hell, Dark Nights: Metal (and Death Metal) reminds me of an inversion of Spider Wars, where it's the evil counterparts of the central character that team up against their good counterpart and his allies.
    Huh, never thought about this Batlol being a mix of Spider-Carnage and the other Spider-Men teaming up lol.

It's specially ironic since, once again, Batman is allegedly a loner, but makes a team, though I guess it's a team of himself, at least... Too bad it just made Batlol more annoying.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Huh, never thought about this Batlol being a mix of Spider-Carnage and the other Spider-Men teaming up lol.

It's specially ironic since, once again, Batman is allegedly a loner, but makes a team, though I guess it's a team of himself, at least... Too bad it just made Batlol more annoying.
    Another thing he and Spider-Man have in common; they're both supposedly loners, but they're the most popular heroic figures with the fans from their respective universes and have ended up creating (or getting created for them) massive franchises of similarly themed or otherwise inspired allies.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Another thing he and Spider-Man have in common; they're both supposedly loners, but they're the most popular heroic figures with the fans from their respective universes and have ended up creating (or getting created for them) massive franchises of similarly themed or otherwise inspired allies.
    I'll argue that Peter is an actual loner,.he doesn't dislike working with others, but is not really his first choice, he operates by himself and only really get other people involved when he really can't do anything about the situation. Bruce is now the Clan Head of a bunch of ninjas.

Also in pretty sure that Batlol is a copy of a characther from Judge Dred, "The Judge" i think was his name.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It's actually ironic that Spidey is a far bigger loner than Batman, 'cause Batman can be casually in two super hero teams while having his team ups with the infinite amount of sidekicks he has, meanwhile, Spidey teams up with a friend like Daredevil like, twice an year at best lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'll argue that Peter is an actual loner,.he doesn't dislike working with others, but is not really his first choice, he operates by himself and only really get other people involved when he really can't do anything about the situation. Bruce is now the Clan Head of a bunch of ninjas.
    Yeah, even Marvel Team-Up generally didn't have him looking for help, it was basically "Hey, I have this problem and you're around, wanna help?"

Also in pretty sure that Batlol is a copy of a characther from Judge Dred, "The Judge" i think was his name.
    Hope "The Judge" is not nearly as obnoxious as Batlol, I dropped Dark Nights because of him and the other evil Batmen, but mostly him, and I'm not reading the sequel, or anything that has Batlol in it, because I really don't want to see that stupid smile ever again lol.

It's like if you picked a Greg Weisman villain and gave him steroids, and a stronger plot armor, and so many powers that makes you think "Why's this guy a fusion of Batman and Joker when he can do so much bullshit neither Batman or Joker usually can?"

It's actually ironic that Spidey is a far bigger loner than Batman, 'cause Batman can be casually in two super hero teams while having his team ups with the infinite amount of sidekicks he has, meanwhile, Spidey teams up with a friend like Daredevil like, twice an year at best lol.

Yeah, even Marvel Team-Up generally didn't have him looking for help, it was basically "Hey, I have this problem and you're around, wanna help?"

Hope "The Judge" is not nearly as obnoxious as Batlol, I dropped Dark Nights because of him and the other evil Batmen, but mostly him, and I'm not reading the sequel, or anything that has Batlol in it, because I really don't want to see that stupid smile ever again lol.

It's like if you picked a Greg Weisman villain and gave him steroids, and a stronger plot armor, and so many powers that makes you think "Why's this guy a fusion of Batman and Joker when he can do so much bullshit neither Batman or Joker usually can?"
    Points on Spider-Man being more of an actual loner in comparison to Batman, to the point his superhero friends gripe about him not answering their calls or messages, but with "Batlol," it's more like a combination of the plot armor from which Batman and the Joker individually benefit.

Points on Spider-Man being more of an actual loner in comparison to Batman, to the point his superhero friends gripe about him not answering their calls or messages,
    Funny thing is that, while Spencer is possibly the one who came up with that, it's very much in-character lol.

but with "Batlol," it's more like a combination of the plot armor from which Batman and the Joker individually benefit.
    Sure, but Batlol still does stuff that is too far for either one of them, I mean apparently he became a literal god or something in Dark Nights' sequel, and there was one really stupid fight where him and Batman kept countering each other's options:

https://i.imgur.com/VJYg1Fx.png

https://i.imgur.com/UsYUSPd.png

I think this comic has "Last 52" on the name?

Either way, this reads like two kids coming up with new powers so they don't lose, it's, so stupid lol.

I like to think of Peter as a reasonable loner whenever he is written well and he is not going throught the traumas of DeMatteis and PAD lol, asking for help won't be his first instinct, but he is capable of recognizing when he is out of his league or not outright reject a helping hand when is offered. Basically a loner that is not a dick . But i imagine that how willing Peter is to accept help has varied over the years.

Can't say, i mention The Judge because i saw the image of him and Batlol looks the same, just with Bat and Joker stuff added on him lol. Ah Dark Knight Metal, i like how Sal from Comic Pop described it as "that time when all Bruce Wayne's insecurities and shortcomings almost killed the entire DC universe" lol, if i was Bruce i'll be miserable all the time just for that. I tend to refer to Batlol and the other Dark Knights as The Edgiest of the Edge, because that's how they feel everytime they talked and i think that it was intentional to an extent, but that doesn't take away the annoyance. Still in a fit of madness i did read all Snyder Dark Metal saga, wich means a lot of Batlol and god i really got tired of reading his dialogue.It wasn't as bad as i expected, at least his Justice League run has some fun moments, like Superman's anime punch .

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Funny thing is that, while Spencer is possibly the one who came up with that, it's very much in-character lol.

Sure, but Batlol still does stuff that is too far for either one of them, I mean apparently he became a literal god or something in Dark Nights' sequel, and there was one really stupid fight where him and Batman kept countering each other's options:

https://i.imgur.com/VJYg1Fx.png

https://i.imgur.com/UsYUSPd.png

I think this comic has "Last 52" on the name?

Either way, this reads like two kids coming up with new powers so they don't lose, it's, so stupid lol.
    That scene was the most relatable thing that Spider-Man has ever done in all my years reading, because i'm just like him when it comes too many of my work related friendships lol.

Batlol in Deat Metal lobitomized a version of Bruce Wayne with the powers of Doctor Manhattan and stole his power to become a god after Diana killed him, yes ait was stupid as it sounds lol. Batlol was killed by Diana again at the end of the event and it seemed to be a very definitive death, but you know comic books i wouldn't count on him being gone for long, especially when this week it was confirmed in a Batman/Superman Special that the Dark Multiverse is still around lol.

That one-shot is weird (by that way that Batlol is the human corpse of whatever from him that was killed by Diana and Bruce resurrected with a Black Lantern ring) becuase if i rememeber correctly it was essentially, "look all the things that happened in the final battle, that Snyder isn't gonna write in the actual final battle on the Death Metal book". lol, also yes i did read all the tie-ins from this and Dark Knight Metal....what is wrong with me, oh well at least i did get some genuine laughts out of the stupidtity, some it wasn't all bad lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I like to think of Peter as a reasonable loner whenever he is written well and he is not going throught the traumas of DeMatteis and PAD lol, asking for help won't be his first instinct, but he is capable of recognizing when he is out of his league or not outright reject a helping hand when is offered. Basically a loner that is not a dick :P. But i imagine that how willing Peter is to accept help has varied over the years.
    If the entirety of Marvel Team-Up is any hint, he won't go looking for help, but will accept if someone else is around.

Don't think how willing he is to accept help varied that much, at least when he's not feeling too stressed he tends to accept it no problem, what actually changed is how willing he is to be in teams, which went from "Considers, but would rather not" to "Will join 3 teams just because" in 2000's lol.

Can't say, i mention The Judge because i saw the image of him and Batlol looks the same, just with Bat and Joker stuff added on him lol. Ah Dark Knight Metal, i like how Sal from Comic Pop described it as "that time when all Bruce Wayne's insecurities and shortcomings almost killed the entire DC universe" lol,
    It was actually kinda funny that he caused the dark multiverse to invade the main universe and nobody cares, but then in the Titans comic that came out at around that time had Batman being a total bitch to Donna because she may become evil or something, talk about hypocrite lol.

Though that Titans arc was just another case of bad writing, still worth noticing lol.

if i was Bruce i'll be miserable all the time just for that.
    Well, good thing Bruce only feels guilty when someone dies and not for his other terrible actions .

I tend to refer to Batlol and the other Dark Knights as The Edgiest of the Edge, because that's how they feel everytime they talked and i think that it was intentional to an extent, but that doesn't take away the annoyance.
    I don't think they're that edgy, at least I don't remember them killing anyone (The people they killed in their own universes don't count), they just try too hard to look cool and competent, which is exactly the reason I don't like putting up with them lol.

I've made it clear a few times how I doing like Young Justice's The Light, Batlol manages to be even worse with even less charm.

Still in a fit of madness i did read all Snyder Dark Metal saga, wich means a lot of Batlol and god i really got tired of reading his dialogue.It wasn't as bad as i expected,
    Honestly, if I could put up with Batlol I'd probably enjoy Dark Nights and whatever its sequel is called for the sheer amount of stupid moments, like, there was something about Hawkwoman wanting to use Anti-Monitor's brain to destroy the dark multiverse or something, so it's that kind of dumb story lol.

at least his Justice League run has some fun moments, like Superman's anime punch .
    Is that the one where he made a giant hole in a continent?

That scene was the most relatable thing that Spider-Man has ever done in all my years reading, because i'm just like him when it comes too many of my work related friendships lol.
    Rare footage of Spidey being actually relatable .

Batlol in Deat Metal lobitomized a version of Bruce Wayne with the powers of Doctor Manhattan and stole his power to become a god after Diana killed him, yes ait was stupid as it sounds lol.
    How the **** do you even lobotomize someone who has Manhattan's powers? He technically doesn't even have a human brain lol.

Batlol was killed by Diana again at the end of the event and it seemed to be a very definitive death, but you know comic books i wouldn't count on him being gone for long,
    At least Diana got to do something major, I hear her and Wally are basically the main characters in this? That's nice, since usually Batman solves this kind of ****, or once in a while, Supes lol.

Reminds me of JLU when Wally is the one who defeats Braini-Lex:

Speedforce here was a complete asspull, since it wasn't hinted to exist before this, and isn't used after, but damn it's really cool lol.

especially when this week it was confirmed in a Batman/Superman Special that the Dark Multiverse is still around lol.
    Of fucking course it does, no way DC will stop milking evil Batmen that soon.

We'll probably get a Batlol who's even more invincible, hell, I hear we more or less got that Dark Nights' sequel lol.

That one-shot is weird (by that way that Batlol is the human corpse of whatever from him that was killed by Diana and Bruce resurrected with a Black Lantern ring)
    Can only wonder how Batman is even using a black lantern ring, since at least in Blackest Night, you're a puppet if you have the ring lol.

becuase if i rememeber correctly it was essentially, "look all the things that happened in the final battle, that Snyder isn't gonna write in the actual final battle on the Death Metal book". lol, also yes i did read all the tie-ins from this and Dark Knight Metal....what is wrong with me, oh well at least i did get some genuine laughts out of the stupidtity, some it wasn't all bad lol.
    Yeah like I said, if I could put up with Batlol and the other evil Batmen, I'd probably enjoy Dark Nights because it's just dumb **** otherwise, but uh, yeah...

Extraordinary Member

Probably wrong but didn't batlol come back in the fortnite tie-in book?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Probably wrong but didn't batlol come back in the fortnite tie-in book?
    Better question: Why's there a Fortnite tie-in book?

I like to think of Peter as a reasonable loner whenever he is written well and he is not going throught the traumas of DeMatteis and PAD lol, asking for help won't be his first instinct, but he is capable of recognizing when he is out of his league or not outright reject a helping hand when is offered. Basically a loner that is not a dick . But i imagine that how willing Peter is to accept help has varied over the years.

Can't say, i mention The Judge because i saw the image of him and Batlol looks the same, just with Bat and Joker stuff added on him lol. Ah Dark Knight Metal, i like how Sal from Comic Pop described it as "that time when all Bruce Wayne's insecurities and shortcomings almost killed the entire DC universe" lol, if i was Bruce i'll be miserable all the time just for that. I tend to refer to Batlol and the other Dark Knights as The Edgiest of the Edge, because that's how they feel everytime they talked and i think that it was intentional to an extent, but that doesn't take away the annoyance. Still in a fit of madness i did read all Snyder Dark Metal saga, wich means a lot of Batlol and god i really got tired of reading his dialogue.It wasn't as bad as i expected, at least his Justice League run has some fun moments, like Superman's anime punch .
    First paragraph, generally cosigned. Second paragraph . . . that description sounds right up Spider-Man's alley, characterization-wise, and considering that based on how much or what exactly Mephisto really got out of that deal in One More Day, he could very well be responsible for the future destruction of the Marvel Universe. Then again, Batman sounds overdue for his own version of the Kindred saga, insofar as being dogged by a demonic entity that exists solely to torment him over his shortcomings and failures and try to convince him he's been more of a danger than a help to the people, city, and world around him.

If the entirety of Marvel Team-Up is any hint, he won't go looking for help, but will accept if someone else is around.

Don't think how willing he is to accept help varied that much, at least when he's not feeling too stressed he tends to accept it no problem, what actually changed is how willing he is to be in teams, which went from "Considers, but would rather not" to "Will join 3 teams just because" in 2000's lol.

It was actually kinda funny that he caused the dark multiverse to invade the main universe and nobody cares, but then in the Titans comic that came out at around that time had Batman being a total bitch to Donna because she may become evil or something, talk about hypocrite lol.

Though that Titans arc was just another case of bad writing, still worth noticing lol.

Well, good thing Bruce only feels guilty when someone dies and not for his other terrible actions .

I don't think they're that edgy, at least I don't remember them killing anyone (The people they killed in their own universes don't count), they just try too hard to look cool and competent, which is exactly the reason I don't like putting up with them lol.

I've made it clear a few times how I doing like Young Justice's The Light, Batlol manages to be even worse with even less charm.

Honestly, if I could put up with Batlol I'd probably enjoy Dark Nights and whatever its sequel is called for the sheer amount of stupid moments, like, there was something about Hawkwoman wanting to use Anti-Monitor's brain to destroy the dark multiverse or something, so it's that kind of dumb story lol.

Is that the one where he made a giant hole in a continent?

Rare footage of Spidey being actually relatable .

How the **** do you even lobotomize someone who has Manhattan's powers? He technically doesn't even have a human brain lol.

At least Diana got to do something major, I hear her and Wally are basically the main characters in this? That's nice, since usually Batman solves this kind of ****, or once in a while, Supes lol.

Reminds me of JLU when Wally is the one who defeats Braini-Lex:

Speedforce here was a complete asspull, since it wasn't hinted to exist before this, and isn't used after, but damn it's really cool lol.

Of fucking course it does, no way DC will stop milking evil Batmen that soon.

We'll probably get a Batlol who's even more invincible, hell, I hear we more or less got that Dark Nights' sequel lol.

Can only wonder how Batman is even using a black lantern ring, since at least in Blackest Night, you're a puppet if you have the ring lol.

Yeah like I said, if I could put up with Batlol and the other evil Batmen, I'd probably enjoy Dark Nights because it's just dumb **** otherwise, but uh, yeah...
    Well i guest that i got close to canon then, i'm still on the fence about reading Marvel Team Up, i read the one around the Clone Saga and it sucked. Except for the Ben/Gambit team up story, is amazing how Roger Stern made such a boring Spider-Man/Silver Surfer story.

Or how Bruce how Barry screwed up with the timeline and destroy the world in the process, but somehow Donna was too dangerous, i really hated that storyline, especially with Bruce treated Donna as a teenager a few issues later.

Lol, reminds that King issue when it seemed that Bruce punched Tim in what it seemed to be a moment of frustration, but he later said that it was some code message because he would never hits his kids lol.

Metal is probably the equivalent of this decade to Blackest Night so it can be fun, but as you said, Batlol is such an obnoxious enemy that he really makes it harder to enjoy it and he is the main bad guy of the sequel.

Is an arc in Snyder's Justice League (i think that it was number 25) when he basically does his own version of the Father-Son Kame-Hame-Ha but with a punch, but Pa Kent is included so it should included Grandpa there lol. Don't remember if it destroyed a continent thought.

I don't remember the details, but i think that Batlol went to that universe before Bruce became Doctor Manhattan, he messed something in the process that created him and that ended with him being lobotomized.

Yeah, Diana is the main protagonist of Death Metal, Wally also got a nice one-shot called Speed Metal when you see him in his Flash costume. Snyder even says that it was Wonder Woman event, but honestly while she is the protagonist, is just buzarre to make a WW-Centric event that doesn't use her mithology at all, except like at the end. Is really weird. Her fans weren't too happy about it for what i remember.

I don't know how Bruce was able to control it, i just know that Bruce is death (he got better after Diana save the world) and he can somehow master it, it probably has something to do with Perpetua and Batlol messing the universe with all their cheat codes lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well i guest that i got close to canon then, i'm still on the fence about reading Marvel Team Up,
    What I read was pretty forgettable for the most part so I tend to ignore it.

That arc with Black Widow in MTU#82~85 was alright, but it's not a "proper" team-up, 'cause while #82 says Spidey is teaming up with Natasha, and it's what happens on the story, #83 says it's with Nick Fury, which's kinda there since Spidey and Fury fight Boomerang together, but they don't interact much and the story is still about Spidey and Natasha, #84 says he's teaming up with Shang Chi, when they don't even talk to each other, and if anything, it's a team-up between Shang Chi and Fury, then #85 says it's a team up between all 4, which's more or less true, but Spidey still doesn't talk with Shang Chi (And Shang Chi is honestly kind of a fourth wheel on the story lol).

The story was all about Spidey and Natasha and the covers were lying about the team ups in two issues, the story's still alright, but it's because they "cheated", which's not necessarily bad 'cause a problem with MTU is how awkward and non-organic the team ups can feel, specially with Spidey being in almost all issues, 'cause, seriously, out of 150 issues, he's not in like, 5 of them... Anyways, the story being focused on Spidey and Natasha made it consistent, 'cause if it kept changing who Spidey was focusing with per issue, then it'd be bad.

i read the one around the Clone Saga and it sucked. Except for the Ben/Gambit team up story, is amazing how Roger Stern made such a boring Spider-Man/Silver Surfer story.
    How would a team-up between Spidey and Silver Surfer even work, hard to imagine a situation where he'd need Spidey's help lol.

Maybe a "Oh ****, this villain is using some device on me, if only there was a nerd dressed like a Spider nearby".

Or how Bruce how Barry screwed up with the timeline and destroy the world in the process,
    Hey now, Barry didn't do anything, it was Pandora, or it was Dr. Manhattan... Ah **** it, DC will probably retcon that and say Batlol did it and that was how he weakened some vague barrier and that's why he managed to invade the main universe.

but somehow Donna was too dangerous, i really hated that storyline, especially with Bruce treated Donna as a teenager a few issues later.
    Yeah that Titans comic wasn't good... Before that story with Donna they put a pacemaker on Wally's heart, ************ had just returned and DC did a speedrun to **** him over, which's kinda impressive and baffling lol.

Lol, reminds that King issue when it seemed that Bruce punched Tim in what it seemed to be a moment of frustration, but he later said that it was some code message because he would never hits his kids lol.

(World's Finest Comics#153)

But yeah, he generally doesn't hit them, Batman prefers emotional abuse when he's being a real ******* .

Metal is probably the equivalent of this decade to Blackest Night so it can be fun, but as you said, Batlol is such an obnoxious enemy that he really makes it harder to enjoy it and he is the main bad guy of the sequel.
    Blackest Night at least had fun ideas, and while the main villain is kinda whatever, super zombies of dead characters was nice, any fun Batlol events can have are ruined by Batlol being in it.

It's like someone giving you a pizza, then throws it at the ground and expects you to eat it, then offers you another pizza later and he thinks you won't expect that he'll throw another pizza on the ground lol.

Is an arc in Snyder's Justice League (i think that it was number 25) when he basically does his own version of the Father-Son Kame-Hame-Ha but with a punch, but Pa Kent is included so it should included Grandpa there lol. Don't remember if it destroyed a continent thought.
    With a crater that huge, the continent is destroyed even if they say it's not lol.

I don't remember the details, but i think that Batlol went to that universe before Bruce became Doctor Manhattan, he messed something in the process that created him and that ended with him being lobotomized.
    Oh, then it's not that bad, 'cause if the change was made after he became Manhattan then it'd make no sense.

Also I wonder if doing that was necessary, the other evil Batman follow what Batlol says even though it makes no sense for them to do so when so many of them are far more powerful than him.

Yeah, Diana is the main protagonist of Death Metal, Wally also got a nice one-shot called Speed Metal when you see him in his Flash costume. Snyder even says that it was Wonder Woman event, but honestly while she is the protagonist, is just buzarre to make a WW-Centric event that doesn't use her mithology at all, except like at the end. Is really weird. Her fans weren't too happy about it for what i remember.
    Well, she's the protagonist, but it's still an evil Batman event, her mythology can **** off so Batman does his thing and steals screen time, that's how it goes with DC lol.

As much as DC fucks over Supes so Batman can shine, Diana has it even worse, even in good adaptations, like in Justice League's cartoon, where her personality is closer to Artemis', the lasso of truth is just some strong rope, and her villains don't do much (Cheetah in particular was just bad).

So point is, at least she was the protagonist and punched Batlol in the face, so I'd consider that a win .

I don't know how Bruce was able to control it, i just know that Bruce is death
    What?

(he got better after Diana save the world) and he can somehow master it, it probably has something to do with Perpetua and Batlol messing the universe with all their cheat codes lol.
    I get the feeling this was some convoluted nonsense just so we can have the guy dressed in black be a Black Lantern™.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-07-2021 at 07:37 AM.

First paragraph, generally cosigned. Second paragraph . . . that description sounds right up Spider-Man's alley, characterization-wise, and considering that based on how much or what exactly Mephisto really got out of that deal in One More Day, he could very well be responsible for the future destruction of the Marvel Universe. Then again, Batman sounds overdue for his own version of the Kindred saga, insofar as being dogged by a demonic entity that exists solely to torment him over his shortcomings and failures and try to convince him he's been more of a danger than a help to the people, city, and world around him.
    If the Daydreamers issues was done in the moder era, i'm pretty sure that Peter's insecurities destroying the Marvel Universe would be his nihgtmares lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona