Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Stability means it is stable, well the death was a shake up. Nobody asked Kelly to pick up Rhodey/Carol romance again, she could had them parting ways after he was ressurrected.

SMWW did mediocre numbers at best, if it was a success we would still have stories with it and post-crisis superman would never come back so quickly. I know it is hard for fans admit.

You want her to have a OC as love interest but it is ok for her hook up with a random guy like Strange? it won't ever be iconic as it is a dumb hook up
    She doesn’t seem like the type of writer to just ignore things. I believe she was quoted as not being much of a fan of the relationship herself. But she respected that it was their before her so she didn’t want to just ignore it. I feel like she would of got more backlash for ignoring it too, but there’s no way of honestly telling.

It was selling on average around 30k that’s where Captain Marvel typically sells at recently under Thompson. Mediocre numbers are under 20.

Bruh I don’t get where the comprehension issue lies at... do the caps not help? DOCTOR STRANGE IS OBVIOUSLY A TEMPORARY RELATIONSHIP. SO I DONT MIND IT FOR NOW. I STILL WANT CAROL TO HAVE A OC LOVE INTEREST/S THAN BE TIED TO ANOTHER FRANCHISE WHICH INCLUDES STRANGE. I ALSO NEVER CLAIMED IT WOULD BE ICONIC. ITS ATLEAST SOMETHING NEW AND IT WILL ATLEAST GET STORIES MADE OUT OF IT INSTEAD OF TAKING 5 YEARS TO TELL A STORY LIKE CIVIL WAR 2 WHERE IT USES HER LOVE INTEREST AS NOTHING MORE BUT MORE FUEL TO A DISASTROUS FIRE. It’s the first issue of this relationship and it’s honestly already doing well on the fact it’s got a reaction. Thompson’s where she needs to be at in that regards, now that she has attention on it. It’s all on how she handles and where she takes it.

Again. Neither do I think or want this relationship to be long term but I definitely am curious to see how it’s handled. I prefer Stephen with Night Nurse or Clea characters that fit better into his franchise. Whereas Carol should be expanding her own.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 03-17-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    She doesn’t seem like the type of writer to just ignore things. I believe she was quoted as not being much of a fan of the relationship herself. But she respected that it was their before her so she didn’t want to just ignore it. I feel like she would of got more backlash for ignoring it too, but there’s no way of honestly telling.

It was selling on average around 30k that’s where Captain Marvel typically sells at recently under Thompson. Mediocre numbers are under 20.

Bruh I don’t get where the comprehension issue lies at... do the caps not help? DOCTOR STRANGE IS OBVIOUSLY A TEMPORARY RELATIONSHIP. SO I DONT MIND IT FOR NOW. I STILL WANT CAROL TO HAVE A OC LOVE INTEREST/S THAN BE TIED TO ANOTHER FRANCHISE WHICH INCLUDES STRANGE. I ALSO NEVER CLAIMED IT WOULD BE ICONIC. ITS ATLEAST SOMETHING NEW AND IT WILL ATLEAST GET STORIES MADE OUT OF IT INSTEAD OF TAKING 5 YEARS TO TELL A STORY LIKE CIVIL WAR 2 WHERE IT USES HER LOVE INTEREST AS NOTHING MORE BUT MORE FUEL TO A DISASTROUS FIRE. It’s the first issue of this relationship and it’s honestly already doing well on the fact it’s got a reaction. Thompson’s where she needs to be at in that regards, now that she has attention on it. It’s all on how she handles and where she takes it.

Again. Neither do I think or want this relationship to be long term but I definitely am curious to see how it’s handled. I prefer Stephen with Night Nurse or Clea characters that fit better into his franchise. Whereas Carol should be expanding her own.
    Not continue Rhodey and Carol isn't the same as ignoring. They weren't together when the run started, she could had the characters going on different ways. Specially that her bias against Rhodey is very well known, so ovious that Carol hook up with a guy next issue after she broke up with him.

mediocre means average, so it above 20k. captain marvel isn't a big seller at all, good seller for how bad some past sales of the book.

Well ok, I understand. You wanted a new relationship for the sake of a new relationship. And a reaction for the sake of it.

who know how long temporary is, it can be 1,2 or even 5 years

That is ok but gets old and tiring very easily, specially that it happens from nowhere. people canstart losing interest
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-17-2021 at 07:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Not continue Rhodey and Carol isn't the same as ignoring. They weren't together when the run started, she could had the characters going on different ways. Specially that her bias against Rhodey is very well known, so ovious that Carol hook up with a guy next issue after she broke up with him.

mediocre means average, so it above 20k. captain marvel isn't a big seller at all, good seller for how bad some past sales of the book.

Well ok, I understand. You wanted a new relationship for the sake of a new relationship. And a reaction for the sake of it.

who know how long temporary is, it can be 1,2 or even 5 years

That is ok but gets old and tiring very easily, specially that it happens from nowhere. people canstart losing interest
    I guess that’s all theoretical she could of done a number of things. She could still do a number of things. For all we know though editorial told her to keep them together. We don’t really know how much liberty the writers get to begin with because they still have people who monitor their work and tell them what they can and can’t do.

Tbf I don’t think the Superman or Wonder Woman solos were doing much if at all better themselves than the SM/WW title.

I wanted a new relationship because I want Carol to have new and exciting stories that spawn from it. I also want there to be a hype about it. This accomplished that. I also don’t want this to be something long term. I don’t mind Thompson milking some stories out of the potential pairing but at the end of the day they have their own separate edges of the Marvel Universe and I don’t think Carol belongs on the mystic side of it, she should be a cosmic/earth based hero in my opinion.

Lmao you said your self that Thompson said Rhodey will be back, it obviously won’t be over a year. I’d be surprised if this lasted an arc honestly. A year in comic time wouldn’t be too long depending on the stories.

I mean it just started, it really hasn’t gotten the chance to get old, and the interest seems like it’s there with people following Carol for Carol or for Thompson. Rather then who shows up in her supporting cast.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 03-17-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Is #27 a good jumping on point?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post

I was not surprised that Peter Parker wasn't in Carol's book at all. Carol Danvers x Peter Parker might have made for a strong friendship development that could had been long term. I am glad that he was not a rebound for Carol. Even though, I feel that a love interest(after a breakup) for Carol should not be a priority. As far as breakup goes, Carol has more in common with Peter Parker than with anyone else. A real shame that Kelly Thompson never took the opportunity to include Spider-Man in her stories....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    The last issue was the end of that arc and #27 in a way is a breather issue, start of a new arc. If you were going to jump in I’d definitely do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I was not surprised that Peter Parker wasn't in Carol's book at all. Carol Danvers x Peter Parker might have made for a strong friendship development that could had been long term. I am glad that he was not a rebound for Carol. Even though, I feel that a love interest(after a breakup) for Carol should not be a priority. As far as breakup goes, Carol has more in common with Peter Parker than with anyone else. A real shame that Kelly Thompson never took the opportunity to include Spider-Man in her stories....
    Given it’s a Captain Marvel book and not a Spiderman one I’m not surprised he didn’t appear either. Lol I get the cover is misleading though. Given your last post on here before this one was about the art and not Spiderman I’ll bite though. Try to turn me into a Spidey/Captain Marvel shipper. What do they have in common? And why should they be paired up more?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The best relationship in this book is between Carol & Jess, and the best written relationship in any Marvel series atm, no question. I don’t give a crap who she’s dating, because Carol has never been a character who was defined by who she with romantically.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I found it funny that that first guy in the speed dating didn't recognise "Susan" as being Captain Marvel. He actually thought Carol still had short hair. Carol being forced to use a fake name was pretty dumb, especially considering she ended up changing into her costume in front of the guys she was speed dating, thus revealing her true identity to them. What was Jessica thinking? Carol doesn't have a secret identity, so people should know what she looks like. Any superhero without a secret identity would count as a celebrity.

They did miss a trick though. Susan is the Invisible Woman's name, and both she and Carol are blonde. They could've had one of the speed daters mistake her for the F4's Sue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I found it funny that that first guy in the speed dating didn't recognise "Susan" as being Captain Marvel. He actually thought Carol still had short hair. Carol being forced to use a fake name was pretty dumb, especially considering she ended up changing into her costume in front of the guys she was speed dating, thus revealing her true identity to them. What was Jessica thinking? Carol doesn't have a secret identity, so people should know what she looks like. Any superhero without a secret identity would count as a celebrity.

They did miss a trick though. Susan is the Invisible Woman's name, and both she and Carol are blonde. They could've had one of the speed daters mistake her for the F4's Sue.
    No one would believe CAPTAIN MARVEL is around in common places lol that's why most don't immediately connect it or believe it
    For example she in ewing's ultimates 2 1 she was at a diner and basically used the same excuse even without a secret identity. Given that she's a spy she probably knows how to blend in

Well, I was suprised. I dont see it lasting very long but I hope it sticks for a while. Good issue though, I liked the art and the dresses

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Yes

BANNED

I’d imagine with the right combination of makeup, the way you carry yourself and position yourself in the room a celebrity could pass off as a civilian just easily. Though all of this is putting in the work yourself justifying why they don’t recognize Carol, her friends or wonder where the blue person fits in to all of this. Though Marvel’s New York might have several aliens attend bars I guess.

spoilers:
    I’m glad Kelly kept the concept of Steven being a surgeon/surgeon supreme. It could of been editorial but that’s definitely something I hope sticks with Dr. Strange moving forward.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

spoilers:
    I don't like Carol sleeping with Strange at all. Give me some epic cosmic stories, not this.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 03-18-2021 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't like Carol sleeping with Strange at all. Give me some epic cosmic stories, not this.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hey, everyone likes to have sex. But, yeah, it is kind of pointless from a story point of view they should move things forward.
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

I already wasn't all that excited about the learning magic arc, but goddamn yall really managed to make it weird

BANNED

It’s not long term obviously. 🙄 some of you guys are acting like it took up the entirety of the book.