Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Appreciate the clarification, just for the sake of discussion what was your complaint about it?
    complaint about what?

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Yooo predator!
    Carol and Predator team up to hunt xenomorphs and brood! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Yeah, i talked to a couple of them. But... I don't like the divisiveness... and if i look too close it feels like kind of a mess that isn't going anywhere. I don't like how she broke up with rhodes... I don't like how this went.

Ironically I was enjoying the future arc, because it showed carol in a leadership position where it felt so genuine and right.... but then it ended with THAT
    This, I was really liking the future ac and was excited about magic. Then came a dumb plot twist and I'm not excited at all

BANNED

complaint about what?
    The possible relationship

BANNED

The possible relationship
    I think it could work, but I don't like the baggage it comes with specifically for this arc.
    If it was just fling and carol had been single for a while.... yeah I'd be more okay with it

Plus I don't like the juxtaposition of carol learning magic with a romantic story with strange.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 03-24-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Not saying you can’t, I don’t think it should matter the race of the person she dates since she’s never been established to have a preference to a certain race. That’s my issue with being bothered about her being with a white man after a black man. It comes off as a fear of thinking it’s some type of hate towards black people or something. I’d also question why it would be the best romance for her when nothing exactly in my opinion has come out of it since the relationship started several years back.

That’s no disrespect to Rhodey, The relationship or even any shippers of it. It’s just my observation since the relationship has started all the way back to KSD’s run.
    Well Black man on marvel rarely are shown on a good positive romance on a regular basis, so Rhodey was refreshing.

Beyond it, I think they comlemented theirselves very fine. Rhodey gave her time to shine and a good supporting system.

BANNED

I think it could work, but I don't like the baggage it comes with specifically for this arc.
    If it was just fling and carol had been single for a while.... yeah I'd be more okay with it

Plus I don't like the juxtaposition of carol learning magic with a romantic story with strange.
    I get not liking it as a character move but I honestly don’t think it’s out of character. Carol’s shown to be a pretty reactionary person who tends to jump into things rather then think it through. She’s done something similar to the Strange hookup in the Brian Reed run after being in down mood set, and the Reed run also kind of put Strange on her map before Thompson did with her run. I really don’t see this as being out of character for Carol Danvers based off her history.

I think the whole magic thing is just good timing more than anything, it’s a coincidence in-universe that Carol most recently struggled with magic and now she has access to learning it. Based off the solicitation I don’t think Strange will be initially prone to teaching her it either, given it suggest she’s going to go around asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Beyond it, I think they comlemented theirselves very fine. Rhodey gave her time to shine and a good supporting system.
    I won’t lie I liked the line in the KSD run where he suggested he’d do many things for her but not be someone who weighs her down. But outside that line I didn’t see much reason for the romance. Given nothing outside a Secret Wars tie-in was done with it. I’d honestly still rather have Carol have love interest that come out of her own mythos and I’m hoping after Strange that’s what happens, but who knows she might get back with Rhodes I think we should wait and see how it plays out.

I won’t lie I liked the line in the KSD run where he suggested he’d do many things for her but not be someone who weighs her down. But outside that line I didn’t see much reason for the romance. Given nothing outside a Secret Wars tie-in was done with it. I’d honestly still rather have Carol have love interest that come out of her own mythos and I’m hoping after Strange that’s what happens, but who knows she might get back with Rhodes I think we should wait and see how it plays out.
    There is never really a reason for romance, for me being good and having good vibes is enough to like.

Thompson is saying that good things will happen to carol/rhodey, she better deliver it then. She already made the fandom dirty with the dumb break up and put a random guy more famous guy with Carol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    There is never really a reason for romance, for me being good and having good vibes is enough to like.

Thompson is saying that good things will happen to carol/rhodey, she better deliver it then. She already made the fandom dirty with the dumb break up and put a random guy more famous guy with Carol
    At least Thompson didn't put Peter Parker as Carol's rebound love interest.

These variants have been rad

I could also understand them changing the race of Dr. Fate. I get the frustration from long term fans of Kent Nelson and him never getting a movie but there’s other people who’ve had the helmet who could validate using them for diversity rather than changing an established character. I think it’s lazy to not just create new characters or use characters with a diverse background rather than just using established characters and changing them to fit a criteria.
    Never getting a movie? They've actually just announced that he'll be in Black Adam (we knew the JSA was in it but not exactly which members I think?), played by Pierce Brosnan.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    At least Thompson didn't put Peter Parker as Carol's rebound love interest.
    Editorial wouldn't have allowed that because Peter's back with Mary Jane now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

That honestly surprises me I legit thought they’d do another version of the Dr. Fate character but given the actor they picked I’d imagine it’s Kent Nelson. I stand corrected then.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

That is a freaking awesome cover!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Editorial wouldn't have allowed that because Peter's back with Mary Jane now.
    For once, I would like to see a friendship development between Peter, Carol, and Jessica.