Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    The title name of "Marvels" makes me worry about the structure of the movie. Kamala and carol/monica are from different worlds just in the space they occupy. With kamala being more street and carol/monica being space based.

they're probably gonna do too much.
    I don’t believe the title change is alluding to Ms. Marvel, as she’s not a cosmic character, and is geared for a different audience besides.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's just a movie title. The Dark Knight was arguably the best Batman movie and his name wasn't in the title.

As long as the movie is good what difference does it make?
    The Dark Knight at least is an iconic descriptor for Batman so it's clear that the movie is still about him. Just like Superman and "Man of Steel."

"The Marvels" feels very clunky, non-descriptive, and unnecessary coming after Carol's first solo film (and apparently the only one with her name actually in the title).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    So does this mean the Captain Marvel films are rebranding as team franchise? Having an all-women trio is nice, considering one of the MCU’s biggest shortcomings is lack of interaction between female characters. Although I was kind of hoping for at least one more solo adventure with Carol to dive deeper into her character, I guess that’s still possible if the team is balanced well enough.
    I think Carol does need a deeper dive, but interacting with Monica and Kamala moght actually help that. I assume she'll get thr most screen time of any character

I think an all-female team would help the MCU deal with its lack of female interaction, to some extent

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    I don’t believe the title change is alluding to Ms. Marvel, as she’s not a cosmic character, and is geared for a different audience besides.
    kamala is in the movie, and supposedly is going to be so in a big way

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think Carol does need a deeper dive, but interacting with Monica and Kamala moght actually help that. I assume she'll get thr most screen time of any character

I think an all-female team would help the MCU deal with its lack of female interaction, to some extent
    Well, there were rumors of an A-Force series, but I don't think that resolves this movies title issues.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, there were rumors of an A-Force series, but I don't think that resolves this movies title issues.
    True, and I'm not totally sold on the new title either

The letter S in the title is drawn like Kamala's logo so it's pretty obvious she'll play a big role in it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

The S in Marvels is literally taken from the logo of Ms. Marvel's show.

But that logo on the A doesn't look like Carol's. Is it Monica's? After all, she's a Marvel too, being the second Captain Marvel in Marvel Comics.

There's also a rumour that Kamala's powers will be purple constructs like Green Lantern, with her bracelet as the ring, and not embiggening and stretching like in the comics. If so, they could easily convert her into a cosmic hero.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This all seems kinda sketchy to me. Why this film? Ragnorak added Hulk but it was still titled Thor. Civil War included 90% of the active heroes, but it didn't drop Captain America from the title. Black Panther is still Black Panther, Scarlett Witch is supposed to have a big role in Doctor Strange, but it's still his name in the title. So why change Captain Marvel? Their only female led franchise (so far) and she only gets one movie under her name? It really doesn't sit well with me.

Cosmic Ms. Marvel should be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The S in Marvels is literally taken from the logo of Ms. Marvel's show.

But that logo on the A doesn't look like Carol's. Is it Monica's? After all, she's a Marvel too, being the second Captain Marvel in Marvel Comics.

There's also a rumour that Kamala's powers will be purple constructs like Green Lantern, with her bracelet as the ring, and not embiggening and stretching like in the comics. If so, they could easily convert her into a cosmic hero.
    To be honest, feels more like a Disney+ show name than a sequel movie.
    Cosmic Ms. Marvel should be interesting
    And she might not even get Stormranger yet.

I assume the decision to retitle the film was made recently because the new logo looks like it was slapped together in a hurry.

I'm not so sure about that. The Ms. Marvel S locks in well with that L. When the show was first announced, the S was the same thunderbolt from Kamala's comic book logo, but they later changed it to that. Maybe this is why.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

This is interesting. is this a rebranding of the franchise? I know MCU sequels are team movies but this seems more as a new team than another chapter in Carol's life. The same thing with Black Panther

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I assume the decision to retitle the film was made recently because the new logo looks like it was slapped together in a hurry.
    The title seems very intentional and hasn't Brie been advocating for an A-Force movie?
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-03-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    This all seems kinda sketchy to me. Why this film? Ragnorak added Hulk but it was still titled Thor.
    Come to think about it The Revengers would have been a cool title.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.