Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...w-look-new-arc

It seems Carol's getting a new look for the next arc
    Hoping it’s an excuse to see Doctor Strange come in to play
    926DB9CA-7372-4F9F-BCDF-DD2914C6D1EB.jpg
    DA6456F2-19B9-4A68-8058-595F2A53BED7.jpg

Be a nice call back to earlier in Thompson’s run where Carol was doing magic so it’s not like she’s completely green to the mystics

I always thought Magik would be someone really cool to have a team up with Carol as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't remember if Reed treated it as a weakness there, but I guess I'd have to re-read it.
    All I can remember in Reed’s run was Carol suggesting she wasn’t fond of Magic. I’d imagine it hurts her like everyone else if it’s a magical attack. Which ironically should be the case for Superman even though some writers portray it as a weakness

BANNED

it says in the panel you posted that magic can almost kill her when she's absorbing with strange
    she can't seem to absorb it like normal energy

we saw in empyre she couldn''t do it that well either, the magic sword almost killed her

but she seems to do okay with asgardian or purely offensive/elemental magic in that she's been able to absorb energy attacks and lightning

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    it says in the panel you posted that magic can almost kill her when she's absorbing with strange
    she can't seem to absorb it like normal energy

we saw in empyre she couldn''t do it that well either, the magic sword almost killed her

but she seems to do okay with asgardian or purely offensive/elemental magic in that she's been able to absorb energy attacks and lightning
    The Stephen instance I just took as her suggesting she was vulnerable to it.

And in Empyre she got stabbed clean through I would of took that as a major reason on why she almost died. But it could of been the magic on top of it

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    All I can remember in Reed’s run was Carol suggesting she wasn’t fond of Magic. I’d imagine it hurts her like everyone else if it’s a magical attack. Which ironically should be the case for Superman even though some writers portray it as a weakness
    True, isn't magic only supposed to breach his invulnerability? Some writers seem to act like magic = kryptonite.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/22/ma...ain-marvel-25/

Preview for Captain Marvel # 25 is up

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/22/ma...ain-marvel-25/

Preview for Captain Marvel # 25 is up
    I see even Thor's daughter can't avoid having issues with Mjolnir.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    The Stephen instance I just took as her suggesting she was vulnerable to it.

And in Empyre she got stabbed clean through I would of took that as a major reason on why she almost died. But it could of been the magic on top of it
    The sword also cut straight through ben, but it didn't harm him.

It was more about her absorbing and dispersing the magical energy

Thoughts on Captain Marvel volume 4 "The Accused":

- I kind of wish Carol had stayed an Accuser longer just to see how many headaches she could give Teddy...

- The whole Car-Ell thing still feels so silly. Like, I can get having Kree names now, but it's weird enough that both DC and Marvel have blonde Danvers powerhouse flying types, now they both have "El" in their name? And it's just weird to read/pronounce.

- I see with the revelation of Carol's mom we can now retroactively make her out to have been more hardcore when Carol was growing up than we original knew. Although I feel like the implication was that Carol and Lauri-Ell have the same/similar face, but Lauri-Ell looks more like their mother to me.

- Carol remarking that she's not a detective and should've brought along her two Jessica's made me think how it's peculiar that she has two close friends with the same name and who also just happen to be private detectives. Is Jessica somehow a name for private detectives now?

- Does Jess just have a generally thing for muscles? On all genders? Her remarking on Lauri-Ell's arms was radiating some serious Bi-energy.

- It was nice to see Kit again. I don't think we've seen her since DeConnick's run. Not sure why she'd be impressed by Lauri-Ell looking like Ronan when, as a Carol superfan, she would probably know Ronan is kind of one of Carol's enemies (sometimes).

- Splitting the Universal Weapon so everyone gets one felt kind of silly to me. Or like they were trying to sell toys of Carol's supporting cast with "Universal Weapon" forms.

- Not sure how to feel about Lauri-Ell as the new Ronan. I can see where they set it up, but it just feels weird looking at her dressed like a wholesale gender-flip. I'm also not sure what they're going to do with her since she just seems more wholesome and quirkier than normal Ronan. And what happens when Ronan inevitably comes back to life? Actually, how did he even die...?

- That "oorah" and "hooyah" moment with Rhodey was genuinely cute.

- I guess Carol didn't feel the need to bring up Joe because he's only related to Carol through their dad, and not their mom like Lauri-Ell.

Overall, definitely an improvement from "The Last Avenger."

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Kelly just confirmed that ''Magic Carol'' takes place in present day.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...31526386536453

I feel like Lauri-Ell's being a test tube baby feels... unnecessary. Like, it was added in just in case they want to retcon Carol back but not erase the character.

MariEll was one of the strongest kree warriors, it makes sense they would preserve her dna.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Kelly just confirmed that ''Magic Carol'' takes place in present day.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...31526386536453
    I didn't know there was any doubt about that.
    MariEll was one of the strongest kree warriors, it makes sense they would preserve her dna.
    Retcons ahoy .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't know there was any doubt about that.

Retcons ahoy .
    I had my doubts about it at first because of Enchantress being one of the villains but we don't know if she's going to get out of there along with Carol or if it's a totally new story, so there's that.

I didn't say anything about that, I was questioning the point of Lauri-Ell being a test-tube baby and never knowing their mother if the point was to give Carol a sister. She could be a clone of Carol herself for all it matters.