Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1141
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, I don't mind a Mar-Vell kiss, despite the circumstances.
    end of spoilers
    Agreed, also I haven't been feeling Carol and Rhodey. They seem to be written fine enough but their start was so weak and felt forced.I can't tell if it's Carol or Rhodey or just the two of them not working together.

Also Carol dumped homeboy and broke his heart and then hooked up w/ doctor Strange less than a week later(IIRC) and then got back w/ him lmao.I get why she did what she did, but that has to be tough on Rhodey.

BANNED

Kay i'll talk about issue 34.

It wasn't all that great. Carol is inspired by Monica's ability to phase out of the suits, but if monica is unable to do it fully, Carol shouldnt be able to either. That was a deus ex machina. Furthermore, Carol has thought bubbles about controlling some instinctual things she does to do something new more consciously, but the binary projection she got she herself didn't understand and did it subconsciously so what was the point of that dialogue? How did phyla vell find the place and how did she get out of bed so quick and did she also come without back up?

I don't care about the mar-vell kiss, idk why so many people talk about it, it was forced onto her and she was confused.

Basically every character in this issue felt like a prop to get to a cool moment of binary astral projection, carol herself included with no real build up or sense.

Which has been my complaint about this run since like.... issue 2-3 or so.

But the art was lovely, and I appreciate the looks we're getting. Aesthically I guess its great.

I guess im not posting in this thread super often bc im disatisfied with the run and rambling on about it is kinda perpetual negativity.

Guess I'll post my analysis on an old arc of Carol's instead, from her time as Warbird

https://www.reddit.com/r/Captain_Mar...m_an_analysis/
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 12-04-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Last edited by AndersonHoran; 12-11-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post

Interesting use of knockoff toys .

Ultimate Member

Is it some kind of unofficial merchandise?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Is it some kind of unofficial merchandise?
    I think it's a knockoff figure in a foreign country. Those kind of make the rounds...

Astonishing Member

I've been reading Marvel's silver age for the first time. Didn't know that Carol appeared so early on Captain Marvel's series. Looking forward to see how her character is expanded on that series.

Astonishing Member

I've only read one or two stories from that period. Aside from being head of security (which was impressive), I think she was mostly used as a potential love interest for Mar-Vell. Eventually, Vell left that base and Carol was in limbo for years until Ms. Marvel #1 debuted.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I've only read one or two stories from that period. Aside from being head of security (which was impressive), I think she was mostly used as a potential love interest for Mar-Vell. Eventually, Vell left that base and Carol was in limbo for years until Ms. Marvel #1 debuted.
    I've read a few from that period. Carol seemed pretty far from what she would become. Tbh, I think it's better for her she changed so much. I didn't really get the appeal of Mar-Vell.

I've read a few from that period. Carol seemed pretty far from what she would become. Tbh, I think it's better for her she changed so much. I didn't really get the appeal of Mar-Vell.
    Well, a lot happened to her since then.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, a lot happened to her since then.
    Some, not for the better . But we'll move on from that

BANNED

I think claremont era is most applicable to modern era. In mar-vell she was a supporting damsel in distress
    Claremont gave her her family, a background, friends, a dynamic (even within conway's use of the bugle and spider-man stuff) along with the more explicit feminist aspirations all of which are things more prominently there in the modern version, atleast with KSD's whose work remains close.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Fantastic Member

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas .