Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Kelly confirmed some but not all of the characters on that cover will appear in issue 28. She didn't say who though.

And I still feel cm is a Carol book. Those who show up on it are her supporting cast. It wouldn't be a fun book of she didn't have a supporting cast.

I am also intrigued about how Carol feels about future Jess and if it changes how she looks at current Jess.
    She has confirmed Loki, Pixie, and Satana are the ones not appearing.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 03-23-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Ahh I missed that.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

We got to the point that we should send messages to Kelly saying we want cosmic stories featuring Lauri-Ell alonsgide Carol?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    We got to the point that we should send messages to Kelly saying we want cosmic stories featuring Lauri-Ell alonsgide Carol?
    You’d have to kind of make an excuse for the whole Accuser/Bodyguard of Hulkling thing but I’d enjoy this. I think Carol could easily have two stories in one book one being more cosmic and the other being grounded on earth and the cast depending on the environment of the story.

She could be on Earth having adventures with Jess, Chewie and Hazmat for one part of the book and in the other half be out in space hanging with Lauri-Ell, Chewie learning more about the Kree and her family tree. Fighting Heralds, Skrulls, Brood and the Shiar.

The only thing is Chewie is a constant.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    I don't think so? I mean, it seems like there's as much of a potential for that happening as any kind of story for Carol at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I'm wondering if Thompson has a thing for Benedict Cumberbatch and this is her way of having her fantasy.

(My tongue is slightly in my cheek with this statement)
    I know this is kinda a joke, but no one would ever say this about a male writer lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I know this is kinda a joke, but no one would ever say this about a male writer lol
    I always wonder how Captain Marvel would turn out if Brian Reed was given the series instead of KSD in 2012?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    nah people probably would

there are straight up male writers who self inserted themselves as a love interest for the female chara they were writing lol
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 03-23-2021 at 10:28 PM.

BANNED

also the whole carol sleeping with strange can't really add any depth to the relationship.... like i don't see how

its probably just going to be used for generating awkwardness

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post

Ugh? What? Honestly as a black man I feel like white males are honestly attacked more then anyone else when it comes to media and portrayal. It honestly sounds like there’s a movement to push them off to promote diversity. Which is why some people complain about
    Did you actually write this with a straight face? the people that complain about diversity is because their racist. Point blank period. The fact that you decided to type this in regrads to white males being "attacked" in the media and in portrayals. Is laughable or act like it's unprecedented or doesn't have historical context in terms of blowback. Given the near white majority of the comic industry and it's racist history. Like what the hell.

I honestly don’t even get what you’re saying with the white thing. It honestly just comes off as racism at this point. The hell is forced whiteness? Especially when it’s not like there’s nothing to even draw on for him and Carol to get to this point. Your whole argument so far has been about what Rhodey gets out of being in a relationship with Carol and wanting her with a black man. That does nothing for her as a character. Atleast we get a breath of fresh air with this and new stories
    Yeah what the hell is forced diversity? that's the real question in regards to forced whiteness. Neither making freaking sense, but one is a huge issue for a section of the comic reading audience. I'll let you guess which one is more a problem for ppl, when they see non-white characters.

Interesting that now that she's not with Rhodey, that it's a breath of fresh air like he was drowing her with his presence in her runs. Anyone that's pointing out the juxtapostion of how the racial dynamic of comic book character relationships are handled...isn't racism. White males don't need a white knight, they already have a victim complex already, hence groups like the KKK and Neo Nazis.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-24-2021 at 12:42 AM.

BANNED

You dug through the thread to find that? I don’t see an issue with what I typed. What characters of diverse origin have been changed modern day? We have characters like Wally West where they were initially turned black, characters like Alan Scott and Jackson Hyde that got their sexual preference changed so DC could claim look we are diversifying are brand. We have characters like Captain Marvel where they’re being pushed or talked about turning gay.

There’s nothing wrong with promoting characters of diverse backgrounds, race, religion, sexual orientation but when you’re changing established characters to promote diversity I’d argue that’s forcing it and that’s what I mean about forced diversity. My issue which I already highlighted which you seemed to have intentionally skimmed over for whatever purpose was the anger towards splitting Captain Marvel/War Machine up was because it was an interracial relationship. That’s not being invested in the characters or even wanting what’s best for the titular character. The user was complaining because she split up from a black man and his fear seemed to be that the character would dump said black man and not get with another. I think that’s a ridiculous complaint especially since the character has never been stated to only be attracted to black men and has dated men of different ethnic backgrounds in the past.

I could care less what the color of skin is on who Carol dates my issue is I’d rather she establish love interest in her mythos and be in relationships stories come out of and are beneficial to her as a character. This whole thing about force whiteness and your post in general is a joke to me.

BANNED

I’ve also stated before that changing Superman’s/Hawkman’s race and changing Black Panther’s are two completely different things. Given that the whole race attribute plays more importance to Black Panther’s mythos.

I’ve also brought up stuff before like Gods of Egypt and Neo. This isn’t my first time arguing race politics on either side. The complaint on this thread was just overall ridiculous to me and I stand by that and yes white males do get targeted a lot now a-days or excluded. Trading one bias for another isn’t progress. It’s ignorant however you think about it. Closing off who writes, directs, or portrays a character because of the color of their skin how is that progress? When movies only cast certain directors cause their female or black. When comics only hire a certain gender to write stories for a character I think that’s weird. I could understand complaints as well about changing a characters ethnicity or anything about them that doesn’t line up with a depiction you grew up with and that’s overall what I meant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    also the whole carol sleeping with strange can't really add any depth to the relationship.... like i don't see how

its probably just going to be used for generating awkwardness
    Honestly I think there’s basis for it given the whole Reed run and her first arc against The Wanderer she said her and Strange had a connection. I’m surprised it’s actually being explored and I’m with it because I know it’s temporary. But Dr. strange is definitely going to have traction given the most hyped movie for the MCU right now is Multiverse of Madness. So the idea of Carol learning magic and interacting with characters like Wanda and Strange in my opinion is just genius. The whole fact were actually getting a storyline with a romantic interest is actually something new since Carol has become Captain Marvel... Atleast in the 616 I guess.

And I agree she didn’t have to hookup with Strange for any of this to happen. But it made headlines so I think it was a smart move on Thompson’s part it’s getting people talking, and it’s a character who generates interest to begin with. Again it’s obviously temporary, which I wouldn’t want it to be something long term especially if nothing is done with it.

I’d also state I’m really hoping Carol doesn’t become a straight up sorceress and whatever is done with this just helps her channel and use her Binary powers. I want more cosmic stories more than anything else and I’d love to see more Binary I think Carol coming back from the future and Rhodey commenting she should get her Binary powers under control hopefully hints towards that.

Ultimate Member

I’ve also stated before that changing Superman’s/Hawkman’s race and changing Black Panther’s are two completely different things. Given that the whole race attribute plays more importance to Black Panther’s mythos.

I’ve also brought up stuff before like Gods of Egypt and Neo. This isn’t my first time arguing race politics on either side. The complaint on this thread was just overall ridiculous to me and I stand by that and yes white males do get targeted a lot now a-days or excluded. Trading one bias for another isn’t progress. It’s ignorant however you think about it. Closing off who writes, directs, or portrays a character because of the color of their skin how is that progress? When movies only cast certain directors cause their female or black. When comics only hire a certain gender to write stories for a character I think that’s weird. I could understand complaints as well about changing a characters ethnicity or anything about them that doesn’t line up with a depiction you grew up with and that’s overall what I meant.
    Hawkman is Egyptian though, so why wouldn't he be Black?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Hawkman is Egyptian though, so why wouldn't he be Black?

Never said he couldn’t?

I personally don’t have an issue with the whole Hawkman race change thing given the history of the character. I could see if people were long term fans of the character why they wouldn’t be fond of the change but it makes sense to me. Reason I said it’s not comparable to changing Black Panther’s ethnicity. I’ve had the argument before.

I could also understand them changing the race of Dr. Fate. I get the frustration from long term fans of Kent Nelson and him never getting a movie but there’s other people who’ve had the helmet who could validate using them for diversity rather than changing an established character. I think it’s lazy to not just create new characters or use characters with a diverse background rather than just using established characters and changing them to fit a criteria.