Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Under claremont she was the oldest
    Under reed she was the middle child
    Under KSD she went back to being the oldest

Under Stohl she's the youngest and Joe Sr had kids with a woman before meeting Mari-ell so they're not even her biological kids. Like Joe Jr and Steve are her older half siblings, no Kree genes. Just a complete swerve like I said.
    Well I knew with the KREE reveal, Carol’s relationship with her mother changed.

But what does this say about Joe Danvers??

Did he now treat Carol like crap, not because she was a woman, but that she wasn’t a child of his first wife?

Is it because he knew Carol was half alien?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Under Stohl she's the youngest and Joe Sr had kids with a woman before meeting Mari-ell so they're not even her biological kids. Like Joe Jr and Steve are carols older half siblings, no Kree genes. Just a complete swerve like I said.
    What the hell?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Well I knew with the KREE reveal, Carol’s relationship with her mother changed.

But what does this say about Joe Danvers??

Did he now treat Carol like crap, not because she was a woman, but that she wasn’t a child of his first wife?

Is it because he knew Carol was half alien?
    He treated her like crap because she really wanted to go to space and he didn't want her to end up anywhere near the kree who might come and take his family away so you see it was all to protect her <3

blegh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What the hell?
    stohl didn't give **** just went nuclear on it god bless

Ultimate Member

He treated her like crap because she really wanted to go to space and he didn't want her to end up anywhere near the kree who might come and take his family away so you see it was all to protect her <3

blegh
    Yeesh.

Gotta hand it to the movie writers. Carol's origin prior was basically being positive collateral damage. I didn't think that would translate well, but to all they did was tweak it so that Carol shot the McGuffin. Simple solution.

This half Kree thing, not so much...

Ultimate Member

I really hope CM 2 addresses spoilers:
    Maria’s death
    end of spoilers in some way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeesh.

Gotta hand it to the movie writers. Carol's origin prior was basically being positive collateral damage. I didn't think that would translate well, but to all they did was tweak it so that Carol shot the McGuffin. Simple solution.

This half Kree thing, not so much...
    It was more interesting than just collateral damage. The psyche-magnitron had a wish granting aspect to it, so when it exploded carol's desire to want to be able to fight her own fights instead of being saved by marvell and save mar-vell instead of being a burden manifested as her powers. Like she left her hospital bed while concussed to go prove his innocence or speak for him so it had more depth to it than just collateral explosion

Add to it the monkey's paw "cost" of it where it also gave her the mind of a kree causing her to develop an alternate kree personality which was way more willing to sacrifice people including her friends or even civilians occasionally and threatened to destroy her sense of self, identity, autonomy was there (but this was in the movie in a different form)

Like they could go ahead and add that depth to the MCU as well through the Cosmic Cube reaction to her desires and fears of not being strong enough to stop this enemy and save people (since it does have that history esp with Red Skull)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Maria’s death
    Now that we know she was the director of SWORD, odds are now higher than ever.

How reliable is giantfreakinrobot?:

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...in-marvel.html

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    How reliable is giantfreakinrobot?:

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...in-marvel.html
    Not reliable

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Maria’s death
    It kind of has to.

spoilers:
    Especially since Monica is going to be in it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It kind of has to.

spoilers:
    Especially since Monica is going to be in it.
    end of spoilers
    Right, that's what I thinking.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Well, there's virtually anyone she could be.

Under Stohl she's the youngest and Joe Sr had kids with a woman before meeting Mari-ell so they're not even her biological kids. Like Joe Jr and Steve are carols older half siblings, no Kree genes. Just a complete swerve like I said.
    Carol should be always the oldest. I mean, at least to keep Joe , and his relation with Carol, consistent. Meanwhile being the older, the fact than Joe doesn't want to help her with her education comes from his machism. Normaly, parents help the older sibling, so he can help the next son and so, because economic realities make difficult for them help the next one. And Joe choosing not helping this way to Carol (if she is the older) comes from his idea than that help would be a bad inversion, because in his mind Carol would marry, drop her carrer and any effort put on her education would be lost. The point in that way, and that was something Claremont put an effort on, it was than Carol was as an hardhead as Joe and she was the one who most resembled him, which made their relationship more complicated.

But making Carol the younger, well, that motivation was discarded for being "Joe was an docuhbage, because". And every positive quality of Carol comes just from her mother.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin