Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1141
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's true. Rhodey was in the first Iron Man film (albeit with a different actor) and he became War Machine in the sequel. Bucky was in the first Captain America and became Winter Soldier in the sequel, which also introduced Steve's other sidekick, Falcon. Now it's the same for Captain Marvel, her sequel includes Ms. Marvel, who'll have already had her own show by then, as well as Monica Rambeau, who was a child in the first film (I wonder if she'll have a different name - in the comics she was Captain Marvel, Pulsar, Photon, and Spectrum, but it would make sense for the MCU version to be something else Marvel to match Carol and Kamala).
    Exactly. We get the 'later versions' of these characters in the sequels, except Dr. Strange but he's getting other side heroes

That's true. Rhodey was in the first Iron Man film (albeit with a different actor) and he became War Machine in the sequel. Bucky was in the first Captain America and became Winter Soldier in the sequel, which also introduced Steve's other sidekick, Falcon. Now it's the same for Captain Marvel, her sequel includes Ms. Marvel, who'll have already had her own show by then, as well as Monica Rambeau, who was a child in the first film (I wonder if she'll have a different name - in the comics she was Captain Marvel, Pulsar, Photon, and Spectrum, but it would make sense for the MCU version to be something else Marvel to match Carol and Kamala).
    I think she'll be Spectrum or Photon.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Exactly. We get the 'later versions' of these characters in the sequels, except Dr. Strange but he's getting other side heroes
    The first movie already introduced Strange's sidekick with Wong.

Weird thing is, in the sequel he gets America Chavez, who has nothing to do with him at all in the comics!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she'll be Spectrum or Photon.

The first movie already introduced Strange's sidekick with Wong.
    Wong is more of a Happy Hogan type character, although in the MCU he has powers

Weird thing is, in the sequel he gets America Chavez, who has nothing to do with him at all in the comics!
    Yeah, that was a little out of left field

Wong is more of a Happy Hogan type character, although in the MCU he has powers
    Well, Happy's kind of a sidekick too.

Ultimate Member

Well, Happy's kind of a sidekick too.
    Haha, I meant sidekick as in non-powered side character, vs. someone with powers like War Machine or Robin. Wong was the former in the comics but then got powers in the MCU

Haha, I meant sidekick as in non-powered side character, vs. someone with powers like War Machine or Robin. Wong was the former in the comics but then got powers in the MCU
    Well, in as far as magic counts as powers .

Bad example. Robin doesn't have powers!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Well, in as far as magic counts as powers .
    Personally, I think it does. It achieves the same effects. So do suits & tech.

Bad example. Robin doesn't have powers!
    You're right. I meant powers or gadgets. Basically, what I mean is the sidekick an actual superhero, like Robin, or not, like Alfred

Personally, I think it does. It achieves the same effects. So do suits & tech.
    Hmm...I guess because it's something you innately need to learn and practice it doesn't feel the same to me.

Astonishing Member

Hmm...I guess because it's something you innately need to learn and practice it doesn't feel the same to me.
    I think the point he's making is that having magic powers means MCU Wong can go into the action alongside Dr. Strange, whereas Happy Hogan running into a fight alongside Iron Man is likely to get Happy killed pretty quickly. War Machine (or Rescue) is Iron Man's "sidekick" in the fight scenes - Hogan is not.

BANNED

happy is a mascot not a sidekick. He serves comic relief.

Sidekick is usually for people who actively get involved in the action

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Brie Larson will reprise her role for ‘AVENGERS: QUANTUM ENCOUNTER’ with Ross Marquand set to voice Ultron. This will be an immersive cinematic technology event for the Disney Wish cruise, launching in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Brie Larson will reprise her role for ‘AVENGERS: QUANTUM ENCOUNTER’ with Ross Marquand set to voice Ultron. This will be an immersive cinematic technology event for the Disney Wish cruise, launching in 2022.

They really can't get James Spader back?

Too expensive I guess?