Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Ah, too bad, this actually had me very interested. With all the alien & otherwise advanced tech and magic in 616 Marvel giving Carol & Jessica a daughter should be easy peasy. do it, Marvel!
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-10-2021 at 04:49 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ah, too bad, this actually had my interest. With all the alien and otherwise advanced tech and magic in 616 Marvel giving Carol & Jessica a daughter should be early easy.
    Would they be old enough to have a teenager?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I take it you haven't read much X-Men. The chronological age of the parents doesn't matter in what is essentially sci-fi there are many workarounds.

PS What do you think of the idea logistics aside? I rather like it. The only thing I might change is to give the kid powers. I think this idea would be very interesting if not in 616 in an AU (alternant universe) setting instead.

Ultimate Member

I take it you haven't read much X-Men. The chronological age of the parents doesn't matter in what is essentially sci-fi there are many workarounds.

PS What do you think of the idea logistics aside? I rather like it. The only thing I might change is to give the kid powers. I think this idea would be very interesting if not in 616 in an AU (alternant universe) setting instead.
    I've read some X-Men. But yeah, with Cable and Rachel, time is no obstacle!

It's entirely possible, although it would change the relationship between the two adults, so it might work more in an au. But, I think seeing a Spider-Marvel hybrid power set wouls be interesting.

I've read some X-Men. But yeah, with Cable and Rachel, time is no obstacle!

It's entirely possible, although it would change the relationship between the two adults, so it might work more in an au. But, I think seeing a Spider-Marvel hybrid power set wouls be interesting.
    Indeed, I also think the AU dynamic between Carol and Jessica would be interesting to explore if they were lovers or better yet married. "Drew" could be an interesting character too. I would start with her having no powers until she is a teen and thus feeling like an outsider being a bit judgy of her moms (along with "superhero celebrity culture" in general) then on her sixteen birthday everything is turned upside down.

Ultimate Member

Indeed, I also think the AU dynamic between Carol and Jessica would be interesting to explore if they were lovers or better yet married. "Drew" could be an interesting character too. I would start with her having no powers until she is a teen and thus feeling like an outsider being a bit judgy of her moms (along with "superhero celebrity culture" in general) then on her sixteen birthday everything is turned upside down.
    Maybe she'd chose to gain her powers, but her parents are split on the idea

Honestly, since they've recently expandes the Spider-family in the last decade, I think a character with the wall-crawler/web powers but otherwise completely different powers from the regular Spider-hero would be cool.

Maybe she'd chose to gain her powers, but her parents are split on the idea

Honestly, since they've recently expandes the Spider-family in the last decade, I think a character with the wall-crawler/web powers but otherwise completely different powers from the regular Spider-hero would be cool.
    Perhaps that could work. Although, I prefer the idea of her rejecting superheroes only to then gain powers. However, one parent could support Drew's initial desire to somehow "fix" herself (become "normal" again) while the other thinks she needs to deal with the situation as it stands (the reality of things rather than searching for a "quick fix").

Oh, I agree completely about the unique power-set potential.

Dang, sometimes I hate being a prolific fanfiction writer so many good ideas so little free time, alas....
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-10-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Ultimate Member

Perhaps that could work. Although, I prefer the idea of her rejecting superheroes only to then gain powers. However, one parent could support Drew's initial desire to somehow "fix" herself (become "normal" again) while the other thinks she needs to deal with the situation as it stands (the reality of things rather than searching for a "quick fix").

Oh, I agree completely about the unique power-set potential.

Dang, sometimes I hate being a prolific fanfiction writer so many good ideas so little free time, alas....
    I've never done much fanfic myself but I see the appeal. Maybe she herself is conflicted between rejecting superheroes to forge her own identity, and slowly seeing the benefits of powers. I think your suggestion about the parents' conflict is good

I've never done much fanfic myself but I see the appeal. Maybe she herself is conflicted between rejecting superheroes to forge her own identity, and slowly seeing the benefits of powers. I think your suggestion about the parents' conflict is good
    I think there is a great deal of potential here. This is an intriguing concept, IMO. I hope someday somehow it becomes a reality. *crosses fingers*

Ultimate Member

It would also be interesting to see what other younger gen heroes she'd interact with.

I wonder if we'll ever see Carol and Jessica interact in the MCU. With Spider-woman rights issues, I can't be sure

It would also be interesting to see what other younger gen heroes she'd interact with.

I wonder if we'll ever see Carol and Jessica interact in the MCU. With Spider-woman rights issues, I can't be sure
    Me too, that would be another interesting aspect of this idea. The nice thing about AUs is there is more freedom to do such things.

True that, which makes me sad because they are besties in the comic books (616), oh well.....

Ultimate Member

Me too, that would be another interesting aspect of this idea. The nice thing about AUs is there is more freedom to do such things.

True that, which makes me sad because they are besties in the comic books (616), oh well.....
    Female best friends is something we need way more of in the MCU. In the comics, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, She-hulk and Captain Marvel were all friends on the Avengers to varying degrees. I don't remember if Spectrum was. But in the MCU we have...Carol and Monica's mom.

Female best friends is something we need way more of in the MCU. In the comics, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, She-hulk and Captain Marvel were all friends on the Avengers to varying degrees. I don't remember if Spectrum was. But in the MCU we have...Carol and Monica's mom.
    Hopefully, more will be added with time.

Ultimate Member

Hopefully, more will be added with time.
    Agreed. I think CM2 and possibly Quantumania will show that

Carol should be, considering she was in the USAF before she met Mar-Vell and activated her super powers. It would've taken her years to attain the rank she has so she should've been at least mid 20s then - and over a decade has passed in-universe since then. She's probably pushing 40. Jessica's a bit younger than Carol, I'd say closer to 30 - biologically anyway (her origin involves cryostasis, which is why she's biologically younger than her younger brother).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman