Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I didn’t watch Wandavision not due to the lack of wanting to but I already have Prime, Hulu and Netflix and really don’t want another show streaming app but from as far as I can tell I’d imagine the follow up would talk about what Carol’s been doing offworld for the past couple decades and then delve into her relationship with the Rambeau family as well according to what I’ve been hearing.

I’d imagine Carol and Monica would team up to fight some threat, and i could see it being another earth based movie due to following up on the Monica thing established by Wandavision but I think it would be cool if they went into space and Monica ended up reuniting with her there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I didn’t watch Wandavision not due to the lack of wanting to but I already have Prime, Hulu and Netflix and really don’t want another show streaming app but from as far as I can tell I’d imagine the follow up would talk about what Carol’s been doing offworld for the past couple decades and then delve into her relationship with the Rambeau family as well according to what I’ve been hearing.

I’d imagine Carol and Monica would team up to fight some threat, and i could see it being another earth based movie due to following up on the Monica thing established by Wandavision but I think it would be cool if they went into space and Monica ended up reuniting with her there.
    Monica seems to resent Carol so I assume they'll be on opposite sides of things for a while. Idk if they'll actually fight each other, but they will probably need to work out their issues.

Am I weird for wishing this wouldn't be focused on fighting a big bad, but more dealing with outer space in general?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Monica seems to resent Carol so I assume they'll be on opposite sides of things for a while. Idk if they'll actually fight each other, but they will probably need to work out their issues.

Am I weird for wishing this wouldn't be focused on fighting a big bad, but more dealing with outer space in general?
    It’s all preference so I don’t see it as weird but given the first movie didn’t necessarily have a big bad and it was as grounded as Thor 1 I’d definitely want Carol to get in some really big superpowered fight in her sequel

BANNED

Monica's giving mixed messages on carol. She wears a necklace with the symbol. She uses a drone with her colors. She thinks of her when she came back from the snap, and got strength from her words when walking through the dome.

Honestly, I think people aren't reading the thing right based on 1 negative reaction which could've meant a whole host of things.

BANNED

I didn’t know any of that just going off what I’ve seen off episode reaction videos. Even then I was doubting the idea of any feud between them being long term in the sequel to begin with.

Ultimate Member

It’s all preference so I don’t see it as weird but given the first movie didn’t necessarily have a big bad and it was as grounded as Thor 1 I’d definitely want Carol to get in some really big superpowered fight in her sequel
    Idk, I see people complaining about her being OP and I'm like "Maybe not fighting a super powerful big bad" is the way to go. Maybe visit new Skrullos or something.

I didn’t know any of that just going off what I’ve seen off episode reaction videos. Even then I was doubting the idea of any feud between them being long term in the sequel to begin with.
    Maybe I was looking too much into things. Even I get caught up in overspeculation!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Monica's giving mixed messages on carol. She wears a necklace with the symbol. She uses a drone with her colors. She thinks of her when she came back from the snap, and got strength from her words when walking through the dome.

Honestly, I think people aren't reading the thing right based on 1 negative reaction which could've meant a whole host of things.
    I think she has a lot of complicated feelings regarding Carol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she has a lot of complicated feelings regarding Carol.
    That's a nice way of putting it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk, I see people complaining about her being OP and I'm like "Maybe not fighting a super powerful big bad" is the way to go. Maybe visit new Skrullos or something.

I feel like most of the overpowered complaint came from the idea that nothing in her movie seemed like it could hurt her and that’s honestly the end of the movie moreso than anything so it’s an unwarranted complaint. Her movie she didn’t fight no big bad for anyone to come to that conclusion.

I honestly think doing a superhero movie and lacking action and adventure would hurt a lot of the theme of it being a superhero movie. A lot of the more successful films in the MCU are more adventurous and action packed. Her comics for the longest time lacked a lot of those big bad fights that I think grab readers attentions.

The most critically claimed and box office smashes have been the films that Marvel studios have released that included more action and a villain that can threaten the hero. I don’t see why they’d stop that formula for Carol

I think not including something like that would do more harm to the success of her film then good

I feel like most of the overpowered complaint came from the idea that nothing in her movie seemed like it could hurt her and that’s honestly the end of the movie moreso than anything so it’s an unwarranted complaint. Her movie she didn’t fight no big bad for anyone to come to that conclusion.

I honestly think doing a superhero movie and lacking action and adventure would hurt a lot of the theme of it being a superhero movie. A lot of the more successful films in the MCU are more adventurous and action packed. Her comics for the longest time lacked a lot of those big bad fights that I think grab readers attentions.

The most critically claimed and box office smashes have been the films that Marvel studios have released that included more action and a villain that can threaten the hero. I don’t see why they’d stop that formula for Carol

I think not including something like that would do more harm to the success of her film then good
    I feel like the fight against Starforce was fun but probably the least tension-filled climax in a Superhero movie.

Ultimate Member

I feel like the fight against Starforce was fun but probably the least tension-filled climax in a Superhero movie.
    My feeling is some people want every climax to be the same. Hero is underpowered by beats the odds to defeat the villain. But it doesn't always need to be.

Instead it could be about how to use the powers. Whom does she chose to fight? She can beat the enemy, but who is the enemy?

They tried that in CM, but my problem is they weren't overt enough about it to really show that. She never seemed especially conflicted by anything for too long.

So for me, her personality and choices, not her abilities, were the problem. But that's just my interpretation.

Astonishing Member

Some of my female friends who didn't know anything about Carol Danvers loved the film. I'd give it a B-. I have problems with the overabundance of wisecracks in most MCU films, but the Skrulls with Australian accents just took the cake for me.

Regarding Mar-Vell, he was never a fan favorite, but he had great stories as told by Jim Starlin. Sadly, I think his most iconic story was the one in which he died. I thought that would have been a great story for the MCU in which a hero died of cancer at the end of then leave the door open for Carol to honor him by becoming CMII. I guess that may have been too messy for TPTB, but it would have been much closer to the comic book versions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Some of my female friends who didn't know anything about Carol Danvers loved the film. I'd give it a B-. I have problems with the overabundance of wisecracks in most MCU films, but the Skrulls with Australian accents just took the cake for me.

Regarding Mar-Vell, he was never a fan favorite, but he had great stories as told by Jim Starlin. Sadly, I think his most iconic story was the one in which he died. I thought that would have been a great story for the MCU in which a hero died of cancer at the end of then leave the door open for Carol to honor him by becoming CMII. I guess that may have been too messy for TPTB, but it would have been much closer to the comic book versions.
    I think the cancer storyline could have worked. Plus, isn't his son a Young Avenger? I wonder how they'll explain that.

I didn't feel the movie had too many wisecracks. In fact, I've heard quite a few people complain the female characters in the MCU aren't funny enough (not sure I agree with that).

I think some things women will catch onto because they've experienced similar things in real life, or so I've heard. I actually felt the feminism was a bit underdone, at least compared to Black Panther dealing with racism.

BANNED

It was honestly hard to make out a lot of what was going on in the starforce scene. I’d argue the scene where she was cuffed fighting the skrulls was probably my favorite action but even then it was more cause of the humorous tones in it.

The fighting overall was pretty underwhelming and this is a character who is suppose to be trained in Kree combat it would of been cool to be introduced to something new. Black Panther for example took concepts and fighting styles from African countries and mixed it with some of the more familiar ones to create a fighting style for Wakandans something like that would of been cool to see done for an advanced alien civilization who is known for conquering and war.

Honestly I think she grabbed more attention from viewers in her scenes against Thanos then she did for her overall movie and I think that speaks a lot on why I’d argue lacking a superhero fight of that magnitude wouldn’t fit well. Especially given she’s more experienced now and trained with her abilities. I saw the theatre go insane when Dr. Strange and Ironman fought Thanos as well. Reactions that I don’t think either got for anything they did in their solo films because the tension was pretty underwhelming in comparison.

Whereas you got hype over Black Panther vs Winter Soldier or Thor vs Hela

Ultimate Member

It was honestly hard to make out a lot of what was going on in the starforce scene. I’d argue the scene where she was cuffed fighting the skrulls was probably my favorite action but even then it was more cause of the humorous tones in it.

The fighting overall was pretty underwhelming and this is a character who is suppose to be trained in Kree combat it would of been cool to be introduced to something new. Black Panther for example took concepts and fighting styles from African countries and mixed it with some of the more familiar ones to create a fighting style for Wakandans something like that would of been cool to see done for an advanced alien civilization who is known for conquering and war.

Honestly I think she grabbed more attention from viewers in her scenes against Thanos then she did for her overall movie and I think that speaks a lot on why I’d argue lacking a superhero fight of that magnitude wouldn’t fit well. Especially given she’s more experienced now and trained with her abilities. I saw the theatre go insane when Dr. Strange and Ironman fought Thanos as well. Reactions that I don’t think either got for anything they did in their solo films because the tension was pretty underwhelming in comparison.

Whereas you got hype over Black Panther vs Winter Soldier or Thor vs Hela
    Basically any of the fights against Thanos were great. Seeing Dr. Strange, Thor, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch or Captain Marvel go up against him was fun!