Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

I really don't have hopes for they dating again, I don't give 6 issues for Carol dating a white man again.
    She saying that she loves Rhodey just moments before breaking with him, seemed like a way to soften the blow.

I always got the feeling that KT didn't care much for their relationship, she just continued it out of obligation. Not the smoothest way to write a break up, but I guess I prefer this to a contrived fight. Whenever Carol starts dating again, let it be with an original character from her own mythos, maybe a skrull for the sake of repeating history.

Yeah, to be honest I feel like Thompson jumped too quickly to have them together again if only so Carol wasn't left single at the start and because it made sense following what Carol went through over his death in CWII, even if the relationship still wasn't all that in-depth aside from some cute moments.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, to be honest I feel like Thompson jumped too quickly to have them together again if only so Carol wasn't left single at the start and because it made sense following what Carol went through over his death in CWII, even if the relationship still wasn't all that in-depth aside from some cute moments.
    That is why I think they won't get back together, Thopson already wasted the first chance to slow build they up. Even the writer said that she isn't a shipper, she was just waiting for a dub excuse to break the up

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That is why I think they won't get back together, Thompson already wasted the first chance to slow build they up. Even the writer said that she isn't a shipper, she was just waiting for a dub excuse to break the up
    This is a mirror reflection of what Dan Slott did with Spider-Man x Mockingbird. I feel that when it comes to relationships, the friendship development must come first based on:

1. The friends and family they keep
    2. Common interests
    3. Common goals

As for romance, that should be ranked last on the list. As to who Rhodey should go to next, Monica Rambeau(who should had been Kelly Sue Deconnick's Captain Marvel from the start)..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Congratulations

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Congratulations
    Thanks! I’m the new Captain Marvel reviewer, and am very excited about the opportunity. I hope I’ll get enough connections that I can do a Gail Simone and get professional gigs.

Also—so many feelings and emotions for today’s issue. Also I’m torn up about the Rhodey situation. Ngl I saw it coming, and it didn’t seem like Kelly was all that into it to begin with.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    This is a mirror reflection of what Dan Slott did with Spider-Man x Mockingbird. I feel that when it comes to relationships, the friendship development must come first based on:

1. The friends and family they keep
    2. Common interests
    3. Common goals

As for romance, that should be ranked last on the list. As to who Rhodey should go to next, Monica Rambeau(who should had been Kelly Sue Deconnick's Captain Marvel from the start)..
    Monica is with Blue Marvel Adam Brashear.
    And they don’t need to break up.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Kelly spoke out on twitter, saying she ships the couple and that they are far from over: https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...91423648391169

BANNED

It's not a inter-franchise relationship, both are Avengers
    Inter-Franchise relationship as in Rhodey is part of the Ironman mythos which is a franchise and Carol should be building her own franchise which Thompson has been excelling at in building up her cast.

I’d rather Carol have her own Steve Trevor or Mera than a character whose more associated with Ironman than her. They honestly didn’t have much backing the relationship to begin with it’s not that iconic to have to go back to.

BANNED

I was more curious about the Brigid/Binary thing. Carol stayed in Binary for weeks apparently and it was slowly waring off. Rhodey mentions that’s something she should control and I believe she says she knows. So I’m hoping that’s expanded on.

Would love to see more of what Ove is capable of. I feel like outside Star a lot of Carol’s antagonist have had a lot of potential but been in situations where we couldn’t see more of what they’re capable of like Ove and Vox Supreme. Fighting Avengers Mashed Up Carol and Binary didn’t fare well for either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Congratulations on this milestone may you do many more.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Inter-Franchise relationship as in Rhodey is part of the Ironman mythos which is a franchise and Carol should be building her own franchise which Thompson has been excelling at in building up her cast.

I’d rather Carol have her own Steve Trevor or Mera than a character whose more associated with Ironman than her. They honestly didn’t have much backing the relationship to begin with it’s not that iconic to have to go back to.
    iron man also is part of the avengers franchise, and it is not like Rhodey has a ongoing solo book. Wonder Woman and Aquaman has been around since 1940s, it's been a long time on the making.

if Thompson wanted to bring a new love interest that she created for Carol she should had done since the beggining

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Kelly spoke out on twitter, saying she ships the couple and that they are far from over: https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...91423648391169
    She said on the past that she wasn't really a fan. So im not sure if I trust what she is saying.

I got a bit more of hope that they might get together again
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-24-2021 at 04:58 PM.

BANNED

iron man also is part of the avengers franchise, and it is not like Rhodey has a ongoing solo book. Wonder Woman and Aquaman has been around since 1940s, it's been a long time on the making.

if Thompson wanted to bring a new love interest that she created for Carol she hsould had done since the beggining
    Why ignore what’s been already established though? I would of hated if she randomly ignored what was previously established before her and just did her own thing. Thompson put Carol in a situation where she could question the relationship by seeing she doesn’t end up with Rhodey which might of been weird for her and something Rhodey wouldn’t understand. That might be a weak way to break them up for some but I prefer it over just starting her run with off screening their separation I think Thompson would of got more backlash for that.

And I don’t understand the Aquaman/Wonder Woman thing. Carol and Rhodey have been around for decades too. Just like them Aquaman and Wonder Woman are part of the Justice League which is a franchise but they both own their own sub franchise if you will. Rhodey is part of the ironman mythos. I’d argue it’s the equivalent of if Steel, Nightwing or Jimmy Olsen was dating Wonder Woman. Which is no disrespect to War Machine. But I’d rather see Carol build up her own mythos. Her own villains, allies and love interest she tends to just borrow everyone else’s and it left her in a situation where she doesn’t really have any of her own. Her movie didn’t really honestly have anything to draw on and was basically it’s own original story