Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Continually? You know the next arc is back on present day 616, right?

Even the site logo at the top of the forum is outdated! The last forum redesign was nine years ago, at some point between January and May 2012.
    I thought the last update was in the early 2000s toofunny2.gif

The fact that i need to get emojis from another forum to use here because the ones from here are so outdated

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    hm maybe it's just the art style.

looks cool though.
    I think it might go beyond just the art because of what she absorbed.

Brie's abs

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    I think it might go beyond just the art because of what she absorbed.
    she did absorb a lot of Thor's lighting but it wasn't really that different.

Fantastic Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ls-snapshots-1

A preview for Captain Marvel: Snapshot # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ls-snapshots-1

A preview for Captain Marvel: Snapshot # 1
    Look at all those pictures of everyone in retro costumes...except Carol! And Storm, I guess...?

Judging by the costumes, this looks like relatively early Fresh Start time-wise.

Yeah, Kamala's involved, so it's pre-Outlawed. Carol has long hair, so it's after Life of Captain Marvel. Thor has his old costume, so it's before his current series started. This definitely takes place alongside comics published around two years ago. Probably around the same time as the second arc of Aaron's Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

she did absorb a lot of Thor's lighting but it wasn't really that different.
    We might get to see more deeply differences when she absorbs different types of energy like we'll see magic being explored.

We might get to see more deeply differences when she absorbs different types of energy like we'll see magic being explored.
    hm probably different type of magic will give her different form or something.

Thor's lightning is magical but it gives her typical Binary.

which comic is this???

BANNED

hm probably different type of magic will give her different form or something.

Thor's lightning is magical but it gives her typical Binary.

which comic is this???
    the comic is squirrel girl
    barely take it seriously

but if I were to posit, then when Carol got her binary powers first, she seemingly created a new costume out of nowhere (probably molecular manipulation acting subconsciously where she was able to catch molecules when connected to another universe through a white hole)

Now I don't know if thor's lightning is magical, it goes back and forth on that with it sometimes being magical other times being elemental lightning summoned through magic, but i personally settle on him having different types of lightning, both magical for esoteric effects (like costume changes) and elemental summoned

Maybe here she got connected to Mother Storm and can now channel it as a source and that came with the costume change. See carol's energy powers are more about psionically linking to a power source and channeling its properties. Like with the white hole linking to a different universe she could channel primordial energies and through a psychic lens was able to filter out specific energy types from it like electromagnetic radiation, gravity, and some other energy types.

I'd imagine if she got linked to mother storm, she'd able to channel some thunder and lightning.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-31-2021 at 04:14 PM.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/hasbro-ma...-line-reveals/

after unveiling Marvel Legends retro line figures under the Kenner label a few months ago, Hasbro today announced new figures including Hulk, Carol Danvers, Magneto and Human Torch. Check out the Marvel Legends retro line products available this Spring.

MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES RETRO 3.75 HULK Figure

(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $9.99/Available: Spring 2021)

Fans, collectors, and kids alike can enjoy this classic MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES RETRO 3.75 HULK Figure, inspired by the character from the MARVEL comics. This quality 3.75-inch-scale figure has premium design, detail, and multiple points of articulation for posing and display in a MARVEL collection. Available in the US at Target beginning March 2021 and at most major retailers beginning April 2021.
    carold1.jpg

Well, this is interesting, seeing Carol in the older Ms. Marvel outfit but for what I presume are "brand confusion" reasons, they simply identify her by her real name instead of saying "Captain Marvel 1980s Outfit" or something. Still cool that this toy is released, though.

BANNED

kind of like that carol danvers is a unique enough name to stand on its own, especially since she's gone through a bunch of names so her actual name carries through