Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Carol ignoring her family for various reasons is also true to the character...
    But she has a reason for that, after having her memories being stolen and everything being taken from her she felt empty, she didn't recognise her own family like she said.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    You honestly just named two things

Handsome and six pack fall under appearance which is pretty common for male comic characters lol

And Good man and Loyal friend is under character which if he wasn’t a loyal friend how could he be a good man.
    A good man seems enough for me. He is also a supportive boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    But she has a reason for that, after having her memories being stolen and everything being taken from her she felt empty, she didn't recognise her own family like she said.
    I know, but it still stands as a sore point with her, characterization-wise.

Even after getting her emotions back she generally seems too busy otherwise.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

He's a steadfast friend, courageous solider, and he's a literal War Machine .
    I don't mean James Rhodes the man, I mean Stark's armored construct. Shoulder missile launchers just seem so passé.

So MCU Monica Rambeau seems to have some strong feelings about Captain Marvel.

So MCU Monica Rambeau seems to have some strong feelings about Captain Marvel.
    Lemme guess.... she wasn’t there when her mother needed her most?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Lemme guess.... she wasn’t there when her mother needed her most?
    Either that or she wasn't there for Monica after she came back.

Or maybe both.

Carol did give her only means of contact to Nick Fury instead of her best friend/found family. That would definitely cause some hurt feelings.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Setting aside that they gradually ratcheted up how bad Daddy Danvers was over the decades; didn’t Carol cut her family out when she originally joined the Air Force (and was maybe no so compassionate about her eldest brother’s death)?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Setting aside that they gradually ratcheted up how bad Daddy Danvers was over the decades; didn’t Carol cut her family out when she originally joined the Air Force (and was maybe no so compassionate about her eldest brother’s death)?
    I hate when they **** upon main characters parents because they believe it will somehow make them more complex and interesting, it happens almost constantly....
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I hate when they **** upon main characters parents because they believe it will somehow make them more complex and interesting, it happens almost constantly....
    Yeah, and when they try to retcon a reason they acted like that, it hovers dangerously close to "daddy had a good reason to abuse you" territory.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Yeah, the relationship with her father was always complicated but after what happened to her she just felt she couldn't connect with them anymore, her life had been stolen from her.

I mean, in reality not every family relationship is healthy.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

I don't like this at all. Her leaving earth for 20 years and not being there for Monica. There is no justification for that.

Also, the million-dollar question, Why does Kamala idolize Captain Marvel in MCU? A character that is barely been on Earth. I thought she might have been on earth after snap and Blip