Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Yes!! I can't wait, also the Captain Marvel logo in the back

Great! Brie has greats abs

BANNED

I feel like in terms of sales a lot of female characters tend to be in the 20-30k range when stable. Ms. marvel by Reed was stable at about 25k, backed up by that video minus any tie ins. Like wonder woman probably gets to similar sale levels around that time.

For example for gail simone's ww run, around 35 to 40:

74 82 Wonder Woman 35 $2.99 DC 29,626
    87 101 Wonder Woman 36 $2.99 DC 28,782
    77 87 Wonder Woman 37 $2.99 DC 26,956
    74 91 Wonder Woman 38 $2.99 DC 26,253
    80 97 Wonder Woman 39 $2.99 DC 26,152
    78 87 Wonder Woman 40 $2.99 DC 25,156

there's also the spider-girl run from marvel (longest running female solo) which was at 25ish k for a lot of it.

With the Deconnick runs you also have to consider the growing online sales and trades market it had, though its hard to factor in, I'd assume the overall sales were similar to the reed run as well if you factor in the losses.
    Stohl run was just given a terrible hand having to deal with CWII's aftermath, but it seems sales wise the movie anticipation and release helped CM more so than other characters.

So you see the Thompson run doing pretty well compared to any of her past runs so far i'd say.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-08-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I feel like in terms of sales a lot of female characters tend to be in the 20-30k range when stable. Ms. marvel by Reed was stable at about 25k, backed up by that video minus any tie ins. Like wonder woman probably gets to similar sale levels around that time.

For example for gail simone's ww run, around 35 to 40:

74 82 Wonder Woman 35 $2.99 DC 29,626
    87 101 Wonder Woman 36 $2.99 DC 28,782
    77 87 Wonder Woman 37 $2.99 DC 26,956
    74 91 Wonder Woman 38 $2.99 DC 26,253
    80 97 Wonder Woman 39 $2.99 DC 26,152
    78 87 Wonder Woman 40 $2.99 DC 25,156

there's also the spider-girl run from marvel (longest running female solo) which was at 25ish k for a lot of it.

With the Deconnick runs you also have to consider the growing online sales and trades market it had, though its hard to factor in, I'd assume the overall sales were similar to the reed run as well if you factor in the losses.
    Stohl run was just given a terrible hand having to deal with CWII's aftermath, but it seems sales wise the movie anticipation and release helped CM more so than other characters.

So you see the Thompson run doing pretty well compared to any of her past runs so far i'd say.
    I think following up CWII and being yet another relaunch after a brief relaunch didn't help Stohl's run...and people just weren't that excited about Stohl's stories.

Thompson's books have generally never been high sellers, moreso critical darlings, but I think movie hype and being an established comic writer ended up netting her most successful Superhero book and probably Carol's most successful run in a while.

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Great! Brie has greats abs
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I can't begin to tell you how much I love this.
    I'm in love with it too, there's also this one

dd.jpg

how many TPBs of the Ms. Marvel era are available, especially the 70s and 80s before Binary?

... Are the Binary appearances worth collecting into a TPB? It seems odd to contextualize as well, explaining what her status quo was back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how many TPBs of the Ms. Marvel era are available, especially the 70s and 80s before Binary?

... Are the Binary appearances worth collecting into a TPB? It seems odd to contextualize as well, explaining what her status quo was back then.
    I never felt like I saw enough adventures with Carol as Binary. Are there many?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I never felt like I saw enough adventures with Carol as Binary. Are there many?
    As Binary, Carol was mostly part of ensemble stories. Check out the Chronology Project for a references to all of her issues.
    https://www.chronologyproject.com/b.php#BINARY

For my money, the quintessentially CAROL aspects of the Binary era were the elements of her personality memory ghost that showed up with Rogue in Claremont's X-MEN was the best. Those moments when Rogue's eyes would shift from green to blue to signal that Carol was in charge were sparkleMAGIC.

Please Delete Double Post
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-12-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Are you really comparing sales from 00's to now?

Anyway, the current run is selling better than Reed's run so she keeps repeaking.
    The video contextualises it within the markets of its day

It's a perfectly reasoned comparison

Nothing wrong with it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think following up CWII and being yet another relaunch after a brief relaunch didn't help Stohl's run...and people just weren't that excited about Stohl's stories.

Thompson's books have generally never been high sellers, moreso critical darlings, but I think movie hype and being an established comic writer ended up netting her most successful Superhero book and probably Carol's most successful run in a while.
    Cw2 was just horrible, across marvels books that linked it there was around an average drop of about 40 percent

Which was somewhat true of the market generally

But really it did carol no favours, not Tony for that matter

She's better off now

Speaking of crossovers, how was SECRET WARS? For Carol and in general?
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-13-2021 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    The video contextualises it within the markets of its day

It's a perfectly reasoned comparison

Nothing wrong with it
    It's not when nowadays people don't tend to buy comics anymore compared to 20 years ago, especially considering that today there's internet and digital sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Speaking of crossovers, how was SECRET WARS? For Carol and in general?
    I enjoyed the Carol Corps and A-Force was cute.