Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Haha, then what's the point of these abilities, right? I mean, the cool interesting powers, like invisibility, intangibility, shapeshifting and psychic powers are more interesting to me than just the basic strength/flight/beam
    I definitely agree. It kind of gets dull when you’re reading a book with a character with a myriad of powers that would of helped in a situation that they just ignore because it’s “hard” to challenge them. I’d rather characters utilize their abilities, have their abilities countered or have limitations to existing abilities we know they have instead of writers simply writing around them. I can’t stand reading a Superman comic and wondering why he just doesn’t use his speed. He also has the ability to phase by using his speed so a lot of the hits he takes he doesn’t have to.

I was asking myself why Carol doesn’t just rob the electricity out of Ove’s brain rendering him unconscious at the very least. If she doesn’t want to kill the established murderer. In Binary she also has the ability to manipulate gravity, light, heat, sound and everything else that files under the Electromagnetic spectrum and I honestly think incorporating those abilities would be interesting imagine manipulating light so her opponent can’t see where’s she’s at. Or she’s doing a spy mission and she manipulates sound. She could legit give characters like Black Widow the ability to fly by manipulating her gravity. Stuff like that is heavily underutilized and instead for Binary we get zap zap or punching and kicking

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I definitely agree. It kind of gets dull when you’re reading a book with a character with a myriad of powers that would of helped in a situation that they just ignore because it’s “hard” to challenge them. I’d rather characters utilize their abilities, have their abilities countered or have limitations to existing abilities we know they have instead of writers simply writing around them. I can’t stand reading a Superman comic and wondering why he just doesn’t use his speed. He also has the ability to phase by using his speed so a lot of the hits he takes he doesn’t have to.

I was asking myself why Carol doesn’t just rob the electricity out of Ove’s brain rendering him unconscious at the very least. If she doesn’t want to kill the established murderer. In Binary she also has the ability to manipulate gravity, light, heat, sound and everything else that files under the Electromagnetic spectrum and I honestly think incorporating those abilities would be interesting imagine manipulating light so her opponent can’t see where’s she’s at. Or she’s doing a spy mission and she manipulates sound. She could legit give characters like Black Widow the ability to fly by manipulating her gravity. Stuff like that is heavily underutilized and instead for Binary we get zap zap or punching and kicking
    Yeah, it annoys me in the MCU when powerful characters like Vision, Scarlet Witch, or Wasp are either nerfed or not used at all and then I have to watch Black Widow or falcon or someone do some more basic, boring fight scene. That's what I liked about Captain Marvel, when she let loose and wiped out the Kree fleet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Why have a key when you can bust through a window?
    Pick the lock...they are civilized.

Astonishing Member

Is there any way that Marvel can make Lopez a permanent artist for Captain Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Is there any way that Marvel can make Lopez a permanent artist for Captain Marvel?
    Well they probably cant force him against his will, unfortunately

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

All the unused concept arts from Captain Marvel.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v0jzu98s4...zriCWvNTa?dl=0

This one looks a lot like Carol's mom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    This one looks a lot like Carol's mom.

I definitely dig it.

Am I the only one that extremely liked the art during Reed’s War of the Marvels run? I thought that digital style was just gorgeous

BANNED

Looking at the art I think it was a missed opportunity to show more of Hala in the film. It looks gorgeous on the concept art.

I wish she also got to actually fight Ronan. Atleast with her chip still monitoring her powers.

And I definitely dig the motorcycle image. Red Harley?

Ultimate Member

Looking at the art I think it was a missed opportunity to show more of Hala in the film. It looks gorgeous on the concept art.

I wish she also got to actually fight Ronan. Atleast with her chip still monitoring her powers.

And I definitely dig the motorcycle image. Red Harley?
    Wouldn't she have annihilated Ronan?

BANNED

If she still had the chip on her neck she wouldnt have I’d imagine she’d be Gamora/Drax level

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    All the unused concept arts from Captain Marvel.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v0jzu98s4...zriCWvNTa?dl=0
    Disappointed that they never considered making the supreme intelligence look like its comic counterpart. Nothing is better than a giant, green head floating in a jar.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Disappointed that they never considered making the supreme intelligence look like its comic counterpart. Nothing is better than a giant, green head floating in a jar.
    Indeed. It would have been a unique creature for the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    They actually did

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi..._marvel_great/

but i guess it didn't fit the emotional tone of the scene, maybe they'll show it in the sequel.

If she still had the chip on her neck she wouldnt have I’d imagine she’d be Gamora/Drax level
    I think the chip was more like a symbolic thing which represents when she was manipulated and didn't know about her real potential than it nerfing her powers.
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 03-13-2021 at 07:46 PM.