Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    I think the chip was more like a symbolic thing which represents when she was manipulated and didn't know about her real potential than it nerfing her powers.
    Even then she still underperformed versus what she was shown capable of doing when she removed the chip later on in the film. So if I fight between her an Ronan were to happen I think her with the chip on the neck would of been the best place to put it in.

Other wise the only way Ronan would compete with her in the MCU was with the power gem

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Even then she still underperformed versus what she was shown capable of doing when she removed the chip later on in the film. So if I fight between her an Ronan were to happen I think her with the chip on the neck would of been the best place to put it in.

Other wise the only way Ronan would compete with her in the MCU was with the power gem
    I don't think he would be a challenge to her even in the beginning of the movie.

BANNED

>some of you are going to hate it

god its gonna be something dumb again

Ultimate Member

What is going on?

Damn, Kelly's got me curious. She's hyping it up like its gonna be something big

Well have to wait and see but I'm looking forward to it. And it's likely a big set up for the next arc.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

I don't think he would be a challenge to her even in the beginning of the movie.
    She struggled against Yon-Rogg who is physically and in a power standpoint inferior to Ronan.

She didn’t dwarf Yon-Rogg until she removed the inhibitor off her neck.

Whereas even without Kree tech. Ronan had a ship crash land into him with no damage, as well as beat up Drax who should also be above Yon-Rogg honestly.

BANNED

I’m hoping she doesn’t throw her into another relationship at the end of the issue. I wouldn’t mind starting a spark though but definitely way too soon. Especially with how impactful their making this breakup that as a reader I haven’t been shown was that big of a relationship to begin with lol. (Not trying to shade the shippers. Too much)

spoilers:
    I’m hoping it’s Black Bolt though and the whole Kree prophecy of Carol leading a new form of Kree come true as well as becoming the Queen of the Inhumans all at the same time. Usurping Black Bolt and leading the royal family.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 03-16-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I’m hoping she doesn’t throw her into another relationship at the end of the issue. I wouldn’t mind starting a spark though but definitely way too soon. Especially with how impactful their making this breakup that as a reader I haven’t been shown was that big of a relationship to begin with lol. (Not trying to shade the shippers. Too much)

spoilers:
    I’m hoping it’s Black Bolt though and the whole Kree prophecy of Carol leading a new form of Kree come true as well as becoming the Queen of the Inhumans all at the same time. Usurping Black Bolt and leading the royal family.
    end of spoilers
    The relationship was shown as big deal. Carol went to civil war against tony because Rhodey was dead

Well you will have a surprise tomorrow. spoilers:
    no black bolt
    end of spoilers

I'm not sure if I like, it can be a bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    >some of you are going to hate it

god its gonna be something dumb again
    yes
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-16-2021 at 08:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The relationship was shown as big deal. Carol went to civil war against tony because Rhodey was dead

Well you will have a surprise tomorrow. spoilers:
    no black bolt
    end of spoilers

I'm not sure if I like, it can be a bait.

yes
    I don’t think we read the same event, regardless of my opinion on if Civil War II is the best thing to use as character defining for Carol or her mythology. Her and Tony did not fight over Rhodey’s death. Rhodey was something that fueled and probably put the tension over the top but they were on opposing sides before Rhodey even passed. Tony’s the one honestly who was losing it more at the death of his best friend. Carol didnt really start losing it until she realized the premonitions might have not have been 100% certain and at that point she felt like they went to far with it to have had just stopped and all of it would of been wasted so she started justifying her whole stance.

Regardless even mentioning it I don’t see how 1 story from almost a decade long relationship justifies it being a good relationship. Especially when the relationships only use it steepen the plot and motivate characters rather then add any real depth to the relationship. They honestly have no good stories with each other. Just a few nice scenes here and there.

spoilers:
    The Black Bolt thing was a joke, but I would love to see the Inhumans show up in Carol’s title and I think the Kree connection on top of the Vox Supreme thing makes it easily justifiable. Not that I’m expecting them to show up the comics only seem to care about people who are in the MCU or getting geared towards it
    end of spoilers

Didn't Rhodey get killed during a team-up with Carol's A-Force team in Civil War II's Free Comic Book Day story? She absolutely can't blame Tony for what happened - her reasons for going against him have nothing to do with War Machine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Didn't Rhodey get killed during a team-up with Carol's A-Force team in Civil War II's Free Comic Book Day story? She absolutely can't blame Tony for what happened - her reasons for going against him have nothing to do with War Machine.
    She never blamed Tony for Rodhey's death. It was Tony all the time blaming Carol plus his constant obsesion to be always right what led him to go against Carol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They were to do with war machine because he died for the cause they were all fighting for. Not about blaming tony. Even further She-Hulk told her to fight tony hard on it. She basically took all that burden on herself and continued on.

BANNED

I don't even want to read either the captain marvel book or the spider-woman book and I havent since the last 3 issues.

What do I want: Cosmic stories, stories with great action? What do I get? Forced contrived drama. Break her up with rhodes over something absolutely stupid have her sleep with strange. Everytime they do a relationship story it gets worse by about 10 times.

Then with spider-woman she says something about her not having children which is some dumb crap again because she barely wanted them, and its not referencing either avengers 200 or anyting so I can't really care.