Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I’ve honestly shipped her and Strange since that Reed issue would argue more ironically has been done there as well then with Rhodes but I wouldn’t want that to be long term anymore than I’d want her to be with Rhodes long term. I think she needs her own cast of characters out of her own mythos and I think Kelly Thompson has been doing a good job with mixing a lot of her old “supporting characters” I guess and giving her new ones that fit in with her mythos. Lauri-Ell seems to have become a fan favorite for her run, I liked her incorporation of Vox Supreme. I’m a bit on the fence with Ove honestly, but I enjoyed Star.

I’d definitely be game for more cosmic stories though. It would be cool if the book could be divided into two stories one being earth based and the other being space bound, maybe even starting the space bound story with missions her mom was sent on and then carrying it over to give stories on either Carol or Lauri-Ell.

BANNED

I probably shouldn’t have found this article as hilarious as I did but it was a pretty funny way to preview today’s issue

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/capt...me-alcoholism/

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    man i love betsy's gala dress lmao
    very anime

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I don’t think we read the same event, regardless of my opinion on if Civil War II is the best thing to use as character defining for Carol or her mythology. Her and Tony did not fight over Rhodey’s death. Rhodey was something that fueled and probably put the tension over the top but they were on opposing sides before Rhodey even passed. Tony’s the one honestly who was losing it more at the death of his best friend. Carol didnt really start losing it until she realized the premonitions might have not have been 100% certain and at that point she felt like they went to far with it to have had just stopped and all of it would of been wasted so she started justifying her whole stance.

Regardless even mentioning it I don’t see how 1 story from almost a decade long relationship justifies it being a good relationship. Especially when the relationships only use it steepen the plot and motivate characters rather then add any real depth to the relationship. They honestly have no good stories with each other. Just a few nice scenes here and there.

spoilers:
    The Black Bolt thing was a joke, but I would love to see the Inhumans show up in Carol’s title and I think the Kree connection on top of the Vox Supreme thing makes it easily justifiable. Not that I’m expecting them to show up the comics only seem to care about people who are in the MCU or getting geared towards it
    end of spoilers
    It's not a decade old relationship. It started in 2015 and Rhodey was dead for some time and Carol had some relaunches.

Of course Start took it harder, he knows him for more time they are basically like brothers. But Carol took it very hard too, let's not pretend that she didn't loved him.

But they have good stories with each other

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's not a decade old relationship. It started in 2015 and Rhodey was dead for some time and Carol had some relaunches.

Of course Start took it harder, he knows him for more time they are basically like brothers. But Carol took it very hard too, let's not pretend that she didn't loved him.

But they have good stories with each other
    I didn’t say Carol didn’t take his death hard I was just saying it wasn’t what started Civil War 2 which was your claim.

I didn’t read Busiek’s Ironman run but Ms Marvel had interactions with both Tony and War Machine their from what I’m aware though it wasn’t anything that could’ve hinted a possible interest in each other. Which I do agree they have stuff in common and it could of worked if written well but there was nothing their historically outside to backgrounds that made me reasonably believe they were a couple other then a few panels. The relationship wasn’t made to feel meaningful outside maybe 2 panels in I guess half a decade.

I’m not against the relationship but I’d rather Carol get to have different love interest and explore ones that spawn out of her own mythos rather then come from other franchises. Wonder Man and Doctor Strange make more sense to me than Rhodes given we’ve seen stuff in comics that either hinted to it or said it was there. But even then I’d rather her have her own Mera, Steve Trevor, Trevor Barnes

What good stories do they have together that explores their romance?
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 03-17-2021 at 08:38 AM.

BANNED

spoilers:
    The more I think about it what if the the female on the cover of issue 28 isn’t Carol but the byproduct of her hookup with Strange and came from a possible timeline? Given her heritage she’d definitely have a good chance at beating Ove too. I think it works in story wise given the set up with Carol and Stephen trading powers to fight Enchantress so it could off possibly hinted at them intertwining again in away to fight the byproduct of Enchantress and Namor. Just a theory ofcourse

Back in Carol’s 2006 run by Brian Reed
    E6319532-AE9C-4F15-B98F-8FFB8E68F2E9.jpg

To Kelly Thompson’s early issues
    DD4C18D2-B838-4AF3-9223-625ADFE537AF.jpg

Switching color schemes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ac62qxaCIkI

end of spoilers
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 03-17-2021 at 09:42 AM.

I didn’t say Carol didn’t take his death hard I was just saying it wasn’t what started Civil War 2 which was your claim.

I didn’t read Busiek’s Ironman run but Ms Marvel had interactions with both Tony and War Machine their from what I’m aware though it wasn’t anything that could’ve hinted a possible interest in each other. Which I do agree they have stuff in common and it could of worked if written well but there was nothing their historically outside to backgrounds that made me reasonably believe they were a couple other then a few panels. The relationship wasn’t made to feel meaningful outside maybe 2 panels in I guess half a decade.

I’m not against the relationship but I’d rather Carol get to have different love interest and explore ones that spawn out of her own mythos rather then come from other franchises. Wonder Man and Doctor Strange make more sense to me than Rhodes given we’ve seen stuff in comics that either hinted to it or said it was there. But even then I’d rather her have her own Mera, Steve Trevor, Trevor Barnes

What good stories do they have together that explores their romance?
    Explores? I think it was explored on Civil war 2. It never really got the chance to be explored in depth, these are superhero comics not romance comics.

I was right that Carol would sleep with the first white guy she meet

If Thompson had any intention of creating original love interest she would present him on this issue. I really doubt she will create another love interest OC for Carol.

Strange is just the same problem as Rhodey.

Thompson also sid that Rhodey and Carol story isn't over yet

BANNED

Explores? I think it was explored on Civil war 2. It never really got the chance to be explored in depth, these are superhero comics not romance comics.

I was right that Carol would sleep with the first white guy she meet

If Thompson had any intention of creating original love interest she would present him on this issue. I really doubt she will create another love interest OC for Carol.

Strange is just the same problem as Rhodey.

Thompson also sid that Rhodey and Carol story isn't over yet
    If that was exploring it, then I’d rather it not be revisited honestly probably Carol’s worst ever story. That writers seem to be afraid to even acknowledge. I’m black myself and if Carol was in an interracial relationship I’m with it I just don’t want her tied down for 5 or 6 years in a pointless relationship with a character that belongs to another franchise. I want her to develop her own world and mythology of characters. Your issue honestly seems to be more about it being a Black and White thing more then what’s beneficial to the character.

I’d rather her not get back with Rhodey for that reason but if that’s what Thompson decides to do. I’m not going to voice much frustration against it I’ll just ignore it. The reason I don’t care about the whole Doctor Strange thing. Is

1.) There’s history there so it’s not out of nowhere
    2.) The writer has familiarity with both of them and kinda put early seeds in her run for this
    3.) It’s obviously not going to be long term. Doctor Strange has his own love interest like Clea and Night Nurse who he’ll probably fall back on and I’m fine with that. I’m just happy they’re both not shackled to anyone at the moment and stuff can at the very least be explored. I see this as a Superman/Wonder Woman type thing where it’s obvious Superman will get back to Lois eventually.

Overall I like this because it gives Carol freedom to explore something new. Nothings really come out of the Rhodey relationship so this is something fresh which will obviously be temporary but atleast fun to follow before it ends.

If that was exploring it, then I’d rather it not be revisited honestly probably Carol’s worst ever story. That writers seem to be afraid to even acknowledge. I’m black myself and if Carol was in an interracial relationship I’m with it I just don’t want her tied down for 5 or 6 years in a pointless relationship with a character that belongs to another franchise. I want her to develop her own world and mythology of characters. Your issue honestly seems to be more about it being a Black and White thing more then what’s beneficial to the character.

I’d rather her not get back with Rhodey for that reason but if that’s what Thompson decides to do. I’m not going to voice much frustration against it I’ll just ignore it. The reason I don’t care about the whole Doctor Strange thing. Is

1.) There’s history there so it’s not out of nowhere
    2.) The writer has familiarity with both of them and kinda put early seeds in her run for this
    3.) It’s obviously not going to be long term. Doctor Strange has his own love interest like Clea and Night Nurse who he’ll probably fall back on and I’m fine with that. I’m just happy they’re both not shackled to anyone at the moment and stuff can at the very least be explored. I see this as a Superman/Wonder Woman type thing where it’s obvious Superman will get back to Lois eventually.

Overall I like this because it gives Carol freedom to explore something new. Nothings really come out of the Rhodey relationship so this is something fresh which will obviously be temporary but atleast fun to follow before it ends.
    Well I don't think Carol and Rhodey are any pointless. He doesn't even hve a solo book, for me he really isn't from any other franchise besides a avenger. Carol went hell to heaven with him.

Could not be a race thing, if the writer was less obvious about it. The reason that Carol ended with him was pure nosense. Ad the fist white guy and she go to sleep with him

1. it is out of nowhere, they never ever flirted seriously.
    2. She had them team up, just that.
    3. just like SMWW this is a forced storyline.

maybe it will be cool, but the wy it happened and crapped over Rhodey left a bad taste on my mouth

BANNED

Well I don't think Carol and Rhodey are any pointless. He doesn't even hve a solo book, for me he really isn't from any other franchise besides a avenger. Carol went hell to heaven with him.

Could not be a race thing, if the writer was less obvious about it. The reason that Carol ended with him was pure nosense. Ad the fist white guy and she go to sleep with him

1. it is out of nowhere, they never ever flirted seriously.
    2. She had them team up, just that.
    3. just like SMWW this is a forced storyline.

maybe it will be cool, but the wy it happened and crapped over Rhodey left a bad taste on my mouth
    I don’t know what you meant went to heaven with him, is that like a alternate universe story or something? I also don’t think Civil War 2 is the best example to bring up to justify the romance to begin with.

I don’t get why this is a race thing or your trying to make it a race thing. Regardless of her hooking up with a white, brown, yellow or black guy at the end of her breakup with Rhodey the other character she ends up hooking up with isn’t going to be in a favorable light. It’s a rebound after all. It’s not some star crossed lover type thing and it wasn’t painted as such. It’s two people in pain seeking comfort in each other for the time being. Obviously not something that’s going to be long term.

Rhodey not having a book doesn’t make me want him to take up page time in Carol’s... there’s a lot of characters who don’t have books at the end of the day it should be about Carol Danvers and her mythology. Isn’t there like 2 or 3 Ironman books on the average? Rhodey could pop up there.

1.) Not really, they’ve been said to have a connection all the way back when Carol was Ms Marvel in the Brian Reed run. She stated she hated magic but with Stephen she was confident in prevailing against it cause of their connection.

2.) They had a really awesome interaction and bounced off together really well in Thompson’s earlier issues. Outside fighting the Avengers I think her and Dr. Strange switching bodies was one of her most highly reviewed stories. There’s tons of reaction to it. Which is probably why Thompson is doing a follow up
    https://youtu.be/ac62qxaCIkI
    https://youtu.be/BFl3j35qdMA
    3.) And again Superman is with Lois now and Wonder Woman is MIA and even after the romance doing her own thing.

Your issue doesn’t seem to have anything to do with what’s best for Carol it seems more rooted in race and wanting War Machine to have more page time. Whereas Carol/Strange obviously is something temporary, we’re getting some kind of magic storyline out of it, and it’s making headlines and the issue just came out.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 03-17-2021 at 12:43 PM.

So the list of people Carol has slept with is now

Mike Rossi, Wonder Man, William Wagner, Marcus Immortus (due to mind control). Michael Barnett is a possibility, as is Johnny Storm depending on the circumstances of her "embarassing weekend in Las Vegas" with him.* Rhodey

And now spoilers:
    Dr Strange
    end of spoilers

Was Kelly aware that Stephen recently slept with Elektra in Savage Avengers? Seems like there's been a weird influx of Strange having random hook ups.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    So the list of people Carol has slept with is now

Mike Rossi, Wonder Man, William Wagner, Marcus Immortus (due to mind control). Michael Barnett is a possibility, as is Johnny Storm depending on the circumstances of her "embarassing weekend in Las Vegas" with him.* Rhodey

And now spoilers:
    Dr Strange
    end of spoilers

I’d probably not count the unwilling one, or any possibilities without proof.

Did her an Mar-Vell ever have any relations like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Was Kelly aware that Stephen recently slept with Elektra in Savage Avengers? Seems like there's been a weird influx of Strange having random hook ups.
    Id imagine this is his way of rebounding from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    If Daredevil(the book) is ignoring it everyone else can ignore it too. Very few people reading it