Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I feel like we're spending too much time in post-apocalyptic futures instead of building Carol's present time.

Sounds really fun, even though I know editorial would never allow Carol to have long-term mystical powers. I do like the idea of regular heroes practicing casual magic. If you lived in a world where magical threats are real, why wouldn't you put in the time to learn some basic tricks for self-defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Sounds really fun, even though I know editorial would never allow Carol to have long-term mystical powers. I do like the idea of regular heroes practicing casual magic. If you lived in a world where magical threats are real, why wouldn't you put in the time to learn some basic tricks for self-defense?
    Exactly this.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I feel like we're spending too much time in post-apocalyptic futures instead of building Carol's present time.
    This is present time

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This is present time
    I meant in general sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...w-look-new-arc

It seems Carol's getting a new look for the next arc
    It looks like she's taking some influence from her "villain" costume. I dunno, it just looks like a darker, duller, version of her main costume.

So she realizes she's like a Kryptonian and suddenly has a magic weakness and isn't satisfied with it so now going to play amateur sorcerer .

Carol really sounds like she's putting a bit too much stock in one dystopian version of the future.

The sash looks like it's gone, so is the cloak supposed to replace it? Carol looks kind of weird in a cloak.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Yeah, I feel like the book has jumped around a bit too much.

I doubt many future writers will even remember her having a magic weakness.

BANNED

I just think she should work on her energy absorption powers and binary powers to be able to counter magic instead of this direction.
    Like, learn to absorb magic, half the problems are cut.

Then learn use her binary powers to disrupt the flow of interdimensional energy (which is what powers magic) since she can make singularities and the such

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I just think she should work on her energy absorption powers and binary powers to be able to counter magic instead of this direction.
    Like, learn to absorb magic, half the problems are cut.

Then learn use her binary powers to disrupt the flow of interdimensional energy (which is what powers magic) since she can make singularities and the such
    I'm probably forgetting, but has she actually gone Binary in this run? Maybe during one of The Avengers fights? I kind of blot that arc out.

BANNED

yeah she has

I thought Carol always had a magic weakness. I was just under the impression that this new arc has her do something about it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

IDW April solicits are out:

Marvel Action: Captain Marvel #4
    Sam Maggs (w) • Sweeney Boo (a & c)
    Carol Danvers is stuck inside a video game. Well, a lot of video games! Fighting game, racing game, JRPG, something with a whole lot of blocks—the only way out is to level up, and with a little help from Doreen Green (a.k.a. Squirrel Girl!) Carol tries to do just that in this latest Marvel Action adventure!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I thought Carol always had a magic weakness. I was just under the impression that this new arc has her do something about it.
    well it came up in reed's run the first time, and has always been very inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    IDW April solicits are out:

Marvel Action: Captain Marvel #4
    Sam Maggs (w) • Sweeney Boo (a & c)
    Carol Danvers is stuck inside a video game. Well, a lot of video games! Fighting game, racing game, JRPG, something with a whole lot of blocks—the only way out is to level up, and with a little help from Doreen Green (a.k.a. Squirrel Girl!) Carol tries to do just that in this latest Marvel Action adventure!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Sounds fun .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    well it came up in reed's run the first time, and has always been very inconsistent.
    I don't remember if Reed treated it as a weakness there, but I guess I'd have to re-read it.

Astonishing Member

With the exception of the hood, I prefer the outfit she's wearing on the cover in the new solicitations to what she's been wearing since becoming CM. Carol looks her best in black and red or red and black. I don't know why the designers went with primary blue and red -- such a generic combination.