Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I just don't understand why it always has to be Peter. He absolutely does not need to a central figure in the life of every woman in the Marvel universe, previous team ups or not.

This is my round about way of saying I agree with you.
    Peter would not be a central figure. He would be a supporting character for a story arc or so in a non Spider-Man role. The same can apply to Carol Danvers in the pages of ASM in a supporting role in a story arc. Nothing wrong with it...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-19-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Radioactive spider from earth. Versus Alien visited the planet and through a alien device you got your powers. They’re both byproducts of something but it’s not really similar. Spider-Man’s isn’t really a cosmic tale. Carol’s actually involves aliens and that’s on however you look at her origin story. The only comparison you made that gets cosmic doesn’t involve Parker’s origin story.

If Carol was to go off in space with a spider-person I think the general majority would want it to be Jessica Drew it’s more fitting in they’re best friends to even begin with. There’s a lot of aliens and cosmic characters that Peter could team up with or go to space with it honestly doesn’t have to be Carol.
    I think that a good writer can pull off a unique Spider-Man and Captain Marvel story. It's been done before. I can envision Jessica Drew and Peter Parker working together with Carol Danvers as it was done in the past. Their unique talents would be a compelling story...

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I'm wondering if Thompson has a thing for Benedict Cumberbatch and this is her way of having her fantasy.

(My tongue is slightly in my cheek with this statement)
    hmm.. for whatever it's worth, I'm glad that Jim wasn't portrayed with out-of-the-blue jerkiness to justify the breakup or some to invent some reveal of #metoo abusiveness in his past .. Allow Jim to move on cleanly..

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Based on Kelly's tweets it seems like this story isn't really to break up carol and rhodey, just give their romance more depth: https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...20452435415043

Honestly I don't mind this, I just still dislike how lazy their breakup was on Carol's part.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Based on Kelly's tweets it seems like this story isn't really to break up carol and rhodey, just give their romance more depth: https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...20452435415043

Honestly I don't mind this, I just still dislike how lazy their breakup was on Carol's part.
    Sure give more depth so she can sleep with Doctor Strange. She has to be kidding me.

She still doesn't give guarantees they will be back

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Sure give more depth so she can sleep with Doctor Strange. She has to be kidding me.

She still doesn't give guarantees they will be back
    Did you read the whole thread? It's pretty clear she saying Carola and Rhodey will get through this, she just obviously can't straight up say it without ruining the storyline.

Did you read the whole thread? It's pretty clear she saying Carola and Rhodey will get through this, she just obviously can't straight up say it without ruining the storyline.
    how can this be their finest hour with Carol sleeping with Strange?

It just doesn't hold up, If it gave at least some issues so she could be alone for sometime. It just underscored everything

Maybe Kelly gonna pull it off, but so far her decisions were bad
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-21-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

how can this be their finest hour with Carol sleeping with Strange?

It just doesn't hold up, If it gave at least some issues so she could be alone for sometime. It just underscored everything

Maybe Kelly gonna pull it off, but so far her decisions were bad
    Maybe Thompson wants Carol and Rhodey want to follow the Reed Richards x Sue Storm route: Getting married!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Maybe Thompson wants Carol and Rhodey want to follow the Reed Richards x Sue Storm route: Getting married!!!
    Reed and Sue are probably the most iconic couple in comics or rivaled by Superman and Lois. It’s not comparable and I doubt anything that they’re going to get married or atleast hope not. Given what Thompson says on those tweets she addresses my complaints on the fact it’s a Carol story and a Carol book.

Whereas Reed and Sue belong to the Fantastic Four equally and Lois is a supporting character in the Superman books. War Machine isn’t and shouldn’t be a titular character in Carol’s book. She should be given time to establish her own cast and love interest. With this Doctor Strange thing obviously being temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    LOl they totally aren't getting married.

Well, I can't argue the relationship doesn't need more depth (but do we need a break up to establish that?).

Astonishing Member

LOl they totally aren't getting married.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...19446326784005

Astonishing Member

Reed and Sue are probably the most iconic couple in comics or rivaled by Superman and Lois. It’s not comparable and I doubt anything that they’re going to get married or atleast hope not. Given what Thompson says on those tweets she addresses my complaints on the fact it’s a Carol story and a Carol book.

Whereas Reed and Sue belong to the Fantastic Four equally and Lois is a supporting character in the Superman books. War Machine isn’t and shouldn’t be a titular character in Carol’s book. She should be given time to establish her own cast and love interest. With this Doctor Strange thing obviously being temporary.
    I would love to see Kelly Thompson have Peter Parker as a guest in Carol's world in a non superhero role as part of her team....

BANNED

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaptMarve...98516755283977

I’m assuming if this is any indication on who’s going to appear in the book and not just a cover it answers the Scarlett Witch question.

Definitely hoping to see more of my boy Voodoo and Magik, I’d be curious to if Carol has any resentment about future Jess.

(though Carol should really eventually stop featuring other characters so much and do her own thing lol, atleast take after every team up arc. Give her a more solo focused one would be my hope). She might not be there yet though or possibly not a want at this moment in the direction for the character.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaptMarve...98516755283977

I’m assuming if this is any indication on who’s going to appear in the book and not just a cover it answers the Scarlett Witch question.

Definitely hoping to see more of my boy Voodoo and Magik, I’d be curious to if Carol has any resentment about future Jess.

(though Carol should really eventually stop featuring other characters so much and do her own thing lol, atleast take after every team up arc. Give her a more solo focused one would be my hope). She might not be there yet though or possibly not a want at this moment in the direction for the character.
    Kelly confirmed some but not all of the characters on that cover will appear in issue 28. She didn't say who though.

And I still feel cm is a Carol book. Those who show up on it are her supporting cast. It wouldn't be a fun book of she didn't have a supporting cast.

I am also intrigued about how Carol feels about future Jess and if it changes how she looks at current Jess.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast