Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I think the various writers that have been working with Carol over the last several years have been working on developing her rogues gallery--but we've had multiple different creative teams on Carol's book since she became Captain Marvel, and several of those runs have taken Carol in different directions (solo hero on Earth; solo adventures in space; commander of the Alpha Flight space program; etc). The different directions have led to her facing different foes, making it a bit harder to get many recurring villains (or a stable supporting cast). I think with Kelly Thompson's run we might start to see some change on that since she is sticking around for a long run.

There are also various villains who aren't specifically Carol enemies, but she's started to develop recurring issues with them. Dr. Minerva is one example; The Master Of The World is another. Mahkizmo (the Nuclear Man) is a good candidate to be another. He's got the raw power to be able to challenge her, as we saw in Thompson's first arc, and his extreme sexist attitudes make him and Carol natural enemies.
    They should try to make these villains last longer so they can actually be developed.

Although, how much of a rogues gallery and/or supporting cast does she actually need? I was discussing this idea in the Black Panther and Spider-man subs

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

The Marvels. Really?

I don't like the title at all. It doesn't make any sense. Marvel till now has not changed movies title just because there are other heroes. Why now?

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    The Marvels. Really?

I don't like the title at all. It doesn't make any sense. Marvel till now has not changed movies title just because there are other heroes. Why now?
    This is the first time theyve done this.

Hell, black panther is dead and he is still in the title

odd and somewhat disrespectful
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This is the first time theyve done this.

Hell, black panther is dead and he is still in the title

odd and somewhat disrespectful
    Very disrespectful. It creates confusion among audience and also sounds very playful instead of bold and powerful sounding like Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 05-03-2021 at 08:17 AM.

The Marvels. Really?

Marvel till now has not changed movies title just because there are other heroes.
    Ant Man and The Wasp.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Seems like Kevin Feige is giving the haters what they wanted, we lost.

Ultimate Member

Very disrespectful. It creates confusion among audience and also sounds very playful instead of bold and powerful sounding like Captain Marvel.
    They should've went with "Captains Marvel"

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Ant Man and The Wasp.
    That should've been the title of the first one IMO

They took the name of their only solo female superhero out of the title and is already trowing a team-up in the second movie while none of that happened to the male characters, they are just feeding the trolls with this. I'm honestly tired and this killed my excitement for any Marvel property.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    and is already trowing a team-up in the second movie while none of that happened to the male characters
    The only male solo heroes that have received/are getting a sequel out of the main 3 (Iron Man/Thor/Cap), were Ant Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Spider-Man.

Ant Man's sequels all added Wasp's name to the title of the movies. Doctor Strange is going to heavily involve Scarlet Witch. Black Panther's situation was out of their control, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Shuri took the title role as it makes the most sense.

I honestly don't see how adding two other prominent, strong female heroes with ties to the main character in the Captain Marvel sequel is somehow a bad thing.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The only male solo heroes that have received/are getting a sequel out of the main 3 (Iron Man/Thor/Cap), were Ant Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Spider-Man.

Ant Man's sequels all added Wasp's name to the title of the movies. Doctor Strange is going to heavily involve Scarlet Witch. Black Panther's situation was out of their control, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Shuri took the title role as it makes the most sense.

I honestly don't see how adding two other prominent, strong female heroes with ties to the main character in the Captain Marvel sequel is somehow a bad thing.
    None of them had their name being erased from the title.

Yeah, adding team up characters for a sequel isn't odd at all. Cap added BW and Falcon, IM added War Machine, Thor 3 added Hulk and Valkryie, Ant-Man added Wasp

But... they still had the main character in the title lol. They didn't change the title of IM2 to "The Armors"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So does this mean the Captain Marvel films are rebranding as team franchise? Having an all-women trio is nice, considering one of the MCU’s biggest shortcomings is lack of interaction between female characters. Although I was kind of hoping for at least one more solo adventure with Carol to dive deeper into her character, I guess that’s still possible if the team is balanced well enough.

Any expectation for her to continue with the Ultimates?

Edit: Renaming the film gives them a chance to introduce Blue Marvel as well
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 05-03-2021 at 09:41 AM.

It's just a movie title. The Dark Knight was arguably the best Batman movie and his name wasn't in the title.

As long as the movie is good what difference does it make?

BANNED

The title name of "Marvels" makes me worry about the structure of the movie. Kamala and carol/monica are from different worlds just in the space they occupy. With kamala being more street and carol/monica being space based.

they're probably gonna do too much.