Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    This is interesting. is this a rebranding of the franchise? I know MCU sequels are team movies but this seems more as a new team than another chapter in Carol's life. The same thing with Black Panther

The title seems very intentional and hasn't Brie been advocating for an A-Force movie?
    Black Panther 2 losing the number in favour of Wakanda Forever makes sense, considering Black Panther will no longer be around (they said they're not recasting him) due to his actor Chadwick Boseman's death.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Black Panther 2 losing the number in favour of Wakanda Forever makes sense, considering Black Panther will no longer be around (they said they're not recasting him) due to his actor Chadwick Boseman's death.
    putting a catchphrase as a movie title is really not interesting because it feels like the whole movie is about mourning T'Challa and pivoting to Wakanda as a story to save the franchise.

BANNED

Well, okay this movie's be a mess. Better luck next time Carolcorps!

Ultimate Member

This is interesting. is this a rebranding of the franchise? I know MCU sequels are team movies but this seems more as a new team than another chapter in Carol's life. The same thing with Black Panther

The title seems very intentional and hasn't Brie been advocating for an A-Force movie?
    I heard she has. But then wouldn't the movie be titled A-Force? In fact, why not call it "Captain Marvel: A-Force"?

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Well, okay this movie's be a mess. Better luck next time Carolcorps!
    We can't have a minute of peace like why???

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I heard she has. But then wouldn't the movie be titled A-Force? In fact, why not call it "Captain Marvel: A-Force"?
    A-Force wouldn't make any sense to associate it to Captain Marvel however the Marvels makes more sense because Carol and Kamala have shared that name before in Generations: The Marvels

Besides, if it was A-Force (or even Marvels), why can't we have that in addition to Captain Marvel, not instead of?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Besides, if it was A-Force (or even Marvels), why can't we have that in addition to Captain Marvel, not instead of?
    I think it is all PR. Marvel Studio is just shielding the franchise by associating it with a child so that it doesn't receive a lot of hate from anti-sjw like the unnecessary reaction the first movie did.

Ultimate Member

A-Force wouldn't make any sense to associate it to Captain Marvel however the Marvels makes more sense because Carol and Kamala have shared that name before in Generations: The Marvels
    Isn't she part of A-Force though?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    That's true, it shouldn't be "either/or"

Niffleheim

Isn't she part of A-Force though?
    having A-Force as the title of the movie wouldn't be as organic as having a title that is part of the movie franchise.

Ultimate Member

having A-Force as the title of the movie wouldn't be as organic as having a title that is part of the movie franchise.
    I guess so

Niffleheim

I guess so
    Would you have preferred the title being called the Carol Corps instead of the Marvels? Because it is essentially what this is, it is just one title is more inclusive while the other is hierarchical. The story is still going to be about Carol and her fan club (Lt. Trouble and now Ms Marvel)
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-03-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

Would you have preferred it being called the Carol Corps instead of the Marvels? Because it is essentially the same thing it is just one is more inclusive while the other is hierarchical
    I see. I guess CM2 could've been Carol Corps, and A-Force be the next evolution of that, or connected to it

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    her old rogues gallery is terrible and her current rogues gallery is terrible
    There's major heroes with worse ones.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    There's major heroes with worse ones.
    Out of all the main Avengers, only Thor really has a big one. Captain America has an ok one, and Iron Man, Hulk, Dr. Strange, Ant-man, Black Panther, etc, are all a bit meh.

Carol has Moonstone, and maybe Ronan and Supreme Intelligence