Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

CWII wasn’t even in line with Carol’s ideology since she herself is a victim of someone else attacking her on assumptions of the future...

When Rogue attacked her because of Destiny’s prophecy that “Carol would be her undoing” which ended up happening because Rouge attacked her...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Weird early movie synergy, but I'm guessing the purpose is the same.

I kind of doubt it, but I wonder if Phyla and Teddy might be in it.
    Next BP book gonna be called BP: Wakanda Forever for sure lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Carol didn't come off great in that if you only read the main CWII book. However several of the tie-ins (like her own solo book, and the SPIDER-WOMAN book) showed how hard Carol was working to try and make sure that the program didn't violate people's rights, and to verify Ulysses' visions and his accuracy rate, etc. People are still going to have their opinions on the rightness or wrongness of both sides of what went on in CWII, of course, but the main event book really didn't do a good job of showing a fair balance of Carol's side of the argument.
    That's true. I just feel they tried to change her up enough to justify another civil war, when frankly I've never totally bought most of the reasoning behind hero vs hero conflicts. They can be done well, but often aren't IMO

Weird early movie synergy, but I'm guessing the purpose is the same.

I kind of doubt it, but I wonder if Phyla and Teddy might be in it.
    Doubt it. It'll just be Carol teaming up with Kamala - remember, Kamala doesn't currently have a solo book, so it makes sense to give her another home outside of Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doubt it. It'll just be Carol teaming up with Kamala - remember, Kamala doesn't currently have a solo book, so it makes sense to give her another home outside of Champions.
    Well, Carol already has a bunch of supporting heroes in her book already...

She did... but she broke up with War Machine, who's been appearing in Iron Man anyway, and Spider-Woman has her own book. Only Hazmat is exclusive to Carol's book.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

I think putting minor heroes as supporting ones for major ones with solos is a good idea.

I can see a potential scenario in which the movie makes Monica and Carol Co-Captain Marvels. And if that happens then of course the comics would follow suit.
    Last edited by Dipter; 05-05-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I can see a potential scenario in which the movie makes Monica and Carol Co-Captain Marvels. And if that happens then of course the comics would follow suit.
    I don't think they'll go that far, if only because it would interfere with Ms. Marvel season 2 and Monica will probably go by Photon (or Spectrum).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It would be easier to refer to them if only one was CM, though

I don't think they'll go that far, if only because it would interfere with Ms. Marvel season 2 and Monica will probably go by Photon (or Spectrum).
    How would it interfere? Kamala's not the one who'd be sharing the CM mantle. Why assume there'll even be a season 2 anyway? Falcon and Winter Soldier and WandaVision both appear to be one season and done.

Niffleheim

you think Marvel Studio are going to make a season 2?

How would it interfere? Kamala's not the one who'd be sharing the CM mantle. Why assume there'll even be a season 2 anyway? Falcon and Winter Soldier and WandaVision both appear to be one season and done.
    maybe because of her age, gender and how it complements Disney and their target demography
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-05-2021 at 05:55 PM.

They've talked about a season 2 for at least F&TWS, and WandaVision could have one.

I don't think they'll give Monica the CM codename.

Season 2 for F&TWS would need a rename, as Sam became Captain America at the end and thus is no longer Falcon. As I understand it, they're doing a movie instead.

Extraordinary Member

They've talked about a season 2 for at least F&TWS, and WandaVision could have one.

I don't think they'll give Monica the CM codename.
    I get that she was in the comics well before Carol took the name...but I don't think they should. Just go with Spectrum.