Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I didn't say anything about that, I was questioning the point of Lauri-Ell being a test-tube baby and never knowing their mother if the point was to give Carol a sister. She could be a clone of Carol herself for all it matters.
    Maybe Lauri-Ell was made a test tube baby, so it wouldn't look like Mari-ell just decided to abandon/forget about her

I think the intention was to give the two something intimate to bond over. Lauri-Ell wants to know more about her mother, and Carol is the only one who can teach her.

I dunno, I feel like if that were true they would increase her role instead of having her run off to be the new Ronan. And considering the stuff the Kree does, it doesn't seem like it's unlikely that their kids leave their parents for the military early.

But considering I dislike the retcon, I may be biased.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

I dunno, I feel like if that were true they would increase her role instead of having her run off to be the new Ronan. And considering the stuff the Kree does, it doesn't seem like it's unlikely that their kids leave their parents for the military early.

But considering I dislike the retcon, I may be biased.
    Well, she was introduced during the Empyre event so they connected one thing with the other, i just hope she stays as part of Carol's supporting cast and is not thrown into other book like they did with Star and Deathbird. I'm hoping for a cosmic arc next with Lauri-Ell being part of Carol's cast.
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 01-25-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Carol in the Heroes Reborn teaser

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Well, she was introduced during the Empyre event so they connected one thing with the other, i just hope she stays as part of Carol's supporting cast and is not thrown into other book like they did with Star and Deathbird. I'm hoping for a cosmic arc next with Lauri-Ell being part of Carol's cast.
    It seemed like at the end that she can just pop in when she needs to, so it might happen that way.
    Carol in the Heroes Reborn teaser
    Reminds me of that arc in the Reed run where we saw how Carol went from the air force to being a spy.

Well, in Heroes Reborn, it seems Carol never left the Air Force - she probably never met Mar-Vell and definitely never activated her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Carol remarking that she's not a detective and should've brought along her two Jessica's made me think how it's peculiar that she has two close friends with the same name and who also just happen to be private detectives. Is Jessica somehow a name for private detectives now?
    This is due to Jessica Jones's origin. Jessica Drew (previously established as Carol's best friend) wasn't available at the time Alias started, so Bendis created a new similar character and only changed the surname. About a year later Bendis did get control of Spider-Woman, using her in New Avengers - though later revealed to be a Skrull. After the real Jessica Drew returned, she joined the New Avengers - a team that already had Carol and the other Jessica on it. Carol has counted both Jessicas as BFFs since then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

There are no Avengers, so the heroes we're used to aren't heroes there and I think that includes Carol, Tony and Peter among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, in Heroes Reborn, it seems Carol never left the Air Force - she probably never met Mar-Vell and definitely never activated her powers.
    I wonder if she'll discover about her mother in this version too.

Or maybe she'll spend the whole time at USAF. Hope they show her doing some missions à la Carol and the Corps.
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 01-25-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Unless she's getting a tie-in, I really doubt Jason Aaron will do any in depth focus with her; she hasn't gotten much focus in his run.

Or maybe she'll spend the whole time at USAF. Hope they show her doing some missions à la Carol and the Corps.
    I was thinking something more akin to that arc in the Reed run where they did a flashback to when she was still in the air force.

Maybe it'll be like that Flashpoint tie-in with non-GL Hal Jordan.

BANNED

Unless she's getting a tie-in, I really doubt Jason Aaron will do any in depth focus with her; she hasn't gotten much focus in his run.
    QFT

It’s honestly like Carol is in the Avengers title because editorial told Aaron to put her on the roster. She honestly hasn’t done really anything none of the other members couldn’t do his entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    QFT

It’s honestly like Carol is in the Avengers title because editorial told Aaron to put her on the roster. She honestly hasn’t done really anything none of the other members couldn’t do his entire run.
    I think there was like one page where she worries that she might betray the team to the Kree for... some reason. Her mom made her a sleeper agent or something? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    QFT

You can really tell he had no plans for her, Jen is the Hulk expy and he wanted Wolvie in the group but couldn't.

I'm more game for Carol Supreme.