Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1141
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I can’t wait to see how Kelly writes Genis.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

Best version of Carol.
    So very much agree!

Carol should have remained Binary, stayed in space, led space team and continue to look like this pic!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Wish the Marvel boys were involved in this; Quaser, the Uraniun and Vance Astro. Would be nice, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Wish the Marvel boys were involved in this; Quaser, the Uraniun and Vance Astro. Would be nice, but I doubt it.
    WOULD LOVE. such a crossover of all the Marvels: Carol, Genis, Hulkling, Phyla, Monica, Quasar, Grayson the Uranian, UltaGirl, Vance Astro, Brashear, Kamala, with a cameo from the Grey Girls. Imaging it as a one-shot MARVEL SPECTACULAR by Peter David!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-03-2021 at 04:55 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Carol looks decent there, though more armoured than usual. What the hell Peter, why are you wearing a Hydra logo? Asgardian Black Widow? And is Captain America combined with Nova?
    Thompson should really do a Peter and Carol story, whereby she meets Cosmic Spider-Man...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    WOULD LOVE. such a crossover of all the Marvels: Carol, Genis, Hulkling, Phyla, Monica, Quasar, Grayson the Uranian, UltaGirl, Vance Astro, Brashear, Kamala, with a cameo from the Grey Girls. Imaging it as a one-shot MARVEL SPECTACULAR by Peter David!
    That would be amazing! The closest I've seen to this is in an issue of GOTG where there were 4 Marvel boys fighting along side eachother.

BANNED

i feel like the biggest issue to making a giant crossover like this is so many of the marvels dont have thematic/narrative crossover enough to make it interesting enough
    You see it with the last of the marvels arc, the marvels are largely controlled automatons like phyla so far

The biggest overlap is "cosmic/space stuff" but that's a wide net. A one-shot isn't enough in of itself to explore all the possibilities.

For instance, Quasar was a marvel, and the negabands were spoofed off of the quantum bands. Cosmic awareness was also Eon's thing that he passed on to Quasar/Mar-vell. There's interesting connections there to be Protector of the Universe in the cosmic realm.

Then there's folks like vance astro, 616 version of whom is more of an avenger than a cosmic character

With monica, kamala, carol you have some potential with them functioning together powers wise in a interesting way between carol's singularity based binary abilities, monica's radiation based abilities, kamala's space-time transporting abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i feel like the biggest issue to making a giant crossover like this is so many of the marvels dont have thematic/narrative crossover enough to make it interesting enough
    You see it with the last of the marvels arc, the marvels are largely controlled automatons like phyla so far

The biggest overlap is "cosmic/space stuff" but that's a wide net. A one-shot isn't enough in of itself to explore all the possibilities.

For instance, Quasar was a marvel, and the negabands were spoofed off of the quantum bands. Cosmic awareness was also Eon's thing that he passed on to Quasar/Mar-vell. There's interesting connections there to be Protector of the Universe in the cosmic realm.

Then there's folks like vance astro, 616 version of whom is more of an avenger than a cosmic character

With monica, kamala, carol you have some potential with them functioning together powers wise in a interesting way between carol's singularity based binary abilities, monica's radiation based abilities, kamala's space-time transporting abilities
    Yeah I totally get what you're saying. For a lot of these characters, the only connection between them is the name Marvel. Still, I live to dream

BANNED

carol needs more practice with those eyebeams lmao
    i always feel whenever someone wants to deconstruct a trope in comics or push the boundaries, for better or for worse its always carol, but atleast this time it was funny enough that you can't always see through eyebeams and can be blinded by your own attack

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

BANNED

wish x-writers beyond claremont cared or remembered about classic carols interactions beyond just tearing them down all the time

oh well

Of course, Scott doesn't, and Corsair only gets his wish to spend some time with him when the time displaced Cyclops got his own book, roughly 30 years later?

That page does show that Carol hasn't changed a lot over the years. She always loved space.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So very much agree!

Carol should have remained Binary, stayed in space, led space team and continue to look like this pic!
    Yes! I am glad I am not the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That page does show that Carol hasn't changed a lot over the years. She always loved space.
    Yeah, and to be honest when she got over what happened to her she was happiest this way.

Yes! I am glad I am not the only one!
    You are not alone in that, my friend! I long for the day that Carol once again becomes Binary in name, costume and powers. I love me some cosmically-powered heroines!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!