Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1141

You're right, she is an author, but her book was based on her adventures as Binary, I think? Which means it's not really sci-fi, but instead science FACT!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're right, she is an author, but her book was based on her adventures as Binary, I think? Which means it's not really sci-fi, but instead science FACT!
    Yeah, but her audience didn't know that because she still had a secret identity at that point right? She was even on a talk show doing publicity for the book and the interviewer was talking about how she made the story seem so "real". I'm going strictly from memory on this stuff and it was so long ago I can't remember what book that happened in. I find it strange given the character's in universe popularity that a streaming service desperate for content hasn't gotten in touch with her to make a series based off her book.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

You know, I thought she didn't have a secret identity. Wouldn't it have been outed when Rogue hospitalised her in the 80s?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    So Carol was the only one who came close to damage Ultron with the infnity stones, he had to use all of them to stop her. Too bad the fight scene was rushed.
    I guess this confirms she is pretty much the strongest superhero.

did she die from that multi planetary explosion???

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I guess this confirms she is pretty much the strongest superhero.

did she die from that multi planetary explosion???
    They didn't show if she died, i think she could survive that since she can absorb the power of the stones but i don't know if she'll return, they want to make Ultron look invincible.

They didn't show if she died, i think she could survive that since she can absorb the power of the stones but i don't know if she'll return, they want to make Ultron look invincible.
    hm impressive display, considering she didn't even absorb anything prior to that fight.

how many episodes are left???

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    hm impressive display, considering she didn't even absorb anything prior to that fight.

how many episodes are left???
    i think just 1

So is Carol now the MCU's go-to woman out of time considering her 80's/90's references?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know, I thought she didn't have a secret identity. Wouldn't it have been outed when Rogue hospitalised her in the 80s?
    She had it up until the 90's/2000's, she had to actually come forward and reveal it when she was addressing the consequences of her alcoholism.
    I feel like if she'd survived she would've kept trying to fight him, unless she was just in a massive state of recovery form the blast.

Fantastic Member

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...ain-marvel-33/

Preview for Captain Marvel # 33 is up

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...ain-marvel-33/

Preview for Captain Marvel # 33 is up
    There's all the cannon fodder justifying all the other Marvel heroes .

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Carol remembers that she was a popular science fiction author? I can't be the only one that remembers this. I think it was back when Busiek was handling the character. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    I don't think I got her as far as being a popular author -- if I remember right, she had a manuscript, and Tracy Walters thought it was great and was going to put her in touch with people, but I don't know if we got any further than that.

So I gave that bit to Starfighter, over in ASTRO CITY...

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I don't think I got her as far as being a popular author -- if I remember right, she had a manuscript, and Tracy Walters thought it was great and was going to put her in touch with people, but I don't know if we got any further than that.

So I gave that bit to Starfighter, over in ASTRO CITY...

kdb
    Okay, so Carol wasn't on a show hyping a book. She just wrote a manuscript. Never give away your old comics folks.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay, so Carol wasn't on a show hyping a book. She just wrote a manuscript. Never give away your old comics folks.
    I don't know for sure that some other writer didn't have her on a show promoting a book. I just don't think I did...

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

BANNED

Yeah she wasnt on a show giving her book publicity.

The sci-fi semi-autobiographical book was published and used by brian reed in a story with a reality warper called the Storyteller

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-c...velist-binary/

This article by Brian Cronin goes into more detail from the claremont/conways initial take with her non-fiction, to
    Kurt Busiek's taking her into fiction, and brian reed doing a superhero story with it

But Brian Reeds overarching arc with her did have a whole publicist angle which mightve given you a mandela effect