Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1141
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay, so Carol wasn't on a show hyping a book. She just wrote a manuscript. Never give away your old comics folks.
    I believe the scene you are remembering was with Patsy Walker. She wrote an autobiography after her return from the dead, and I believe there was a scene with her on a show promoting the book--possibly in the AVENGERS 2000 ANNUAL.

BANNED

Yooooooo they referred to the secret avengers arc this issue! Where mar-vell died! That was some callback!

Makes sense, as it was after that death that Carol took the mantle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A new DC Earth-8 hero called Doctor Multiverse looks like a Carol palette swap. Earth-8 is based on Marvel.
    https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...84509052428303
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A new DC Earth-8 hero called Doctor Multiverse looks like a Carol palette swap. Earth-8 is based on Marvel.
    https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...84509052428303
    could be quasar or captain universe i feel

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Marvel director Nia Dicosta interview

For The Marvels, my biggest thing going into it was making sure I approached these characters as human beings and not necessarily as superheroes. I want to know more about Captain Marvel. Who is she? What are her fears? What drives her? How do you actually deal with being the most powerful being in the universe? How does that weigh on you? That's the sort of thing I want to explore.

She also said Kamala and Monica will get equal focus in the story

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...-gay-interview

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post

For The Marvels, my biggest thing going into it was making sure I approached these characters as human beings and not necessarily as superheroes. I want to know more about Captain Marvel. Who is she? What are her fears? What drives her? How do you actually deal with being the most powerful being in the universe? How does that weigh on you? That's the sort of thing I want to explore.

I don't mind a trio of strong female characters all getting equal focus but...can't Carol just have her own solo film franchise ?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't mind a trio of strong female characters all getting equal focus but...can't Carol just have her own solo film franchise ?
    It's still her franchise, though, isn't it? I can understand the reservations about this, considering Carol wasn't all that well developed in the first one, but IMO most of these MCU heroes don't really get developed enough until they interact with other superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    It's still her franchise, though, isn't it? I can understand the reservations about this, considering Carol wasn't all that well developed in the first one, but IMO most of these MCU heroes don't really get developed enough until they interact with other superheroes.
    I guess ostensibly, and she's the one they're named after, but it's not like Wonder Woman became the "Wonder Women" in her second movie.

I think you can develop them in team-ups or team movies but you should be able to develop them well in their solo films since it's actually supposed to be about them. You shouldn't need other heroes for that.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

I don't think so. Its called Marvels for a reason. I think there should be a story explaining why she was not on earth for 20 years before Marvels
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 10-22-2021 at 10:41 AM.

hm still going by that moniker I see.

Unless, of course, that "the Marvels" is followed by "Captain Marvel 2" later on. After all, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist did not count "The Defenders" as a season of their series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess ostensibly, and she's the one they're named after, but it's not like Wonder Woman became the "Wonder Women" in her second movie.

I think you can develop them in team-ups or team movies but you should be able to develop them well in their solo films since it's actually supposed to be about them. You shouldn't need other heroes for that.
    Idk. I think having another hero in the sequel is usually better. Not a bunch like in Civil War, but one or two more makes it more interesting to me.

I don't think so. Its called Marvels for a reason. I think there should be a story explaining why she was not on earth for 20 years before Marvels
    Yeah but she's supposedly still the lead, right?

Idk. I think having another hero in the sequel is usually better. Not a bunch like in Civil War, but one or two more makes it more interesting to me.
    Well usually the second film is where you introduce the sidekick, if they have one.
    Yeah but she's supposedly still the lead, right?
    One of them at least.

That's true. Rhodey was in the first Iron Man film (albeit with a different actor) and he became War Machine in the sequel. Bucky was in the first Captain America and became Winter Soldier in the sequel, which also introduced Steve's other sidekick, Falcon. Now it's the same for Captain Marvel, her sequel includes Ms. Marvel, who'll have already had her own show by then, as well as Monica Rambeau, who was a child in the first film (I wonder if she'll have a different name - in the comics she was Captain Marvel, Pulsar, Photon, and Spectrum, but it would make sense for the MCU version to be something else Marvel to match Carol and Kamala).