Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1141

Carol and Rhodey don’t have any chemistry. That’s why they feel so forced. Carol had more chemistry with Doctor Strange in the few issues they were together then her an entire relationship with Rhodey in my opinion.

How do you guys feel about Carol x Wonder Man? I was lukewarm to the idea in the past but maybe it would be different since they’ve both changed since then, especially with Carol as Captain Marvel now? Just an idea. She also doesn’t need to date anybody

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    Carol and Rhodey don’t have any chemistry. That’s why they feel so forced. Carol had more chemistry with Doctor Strange in the few issues they were together then her an entire relationship with Rhodey in my opinion.

How do you guys feel about Carol x Wonder Man? I was lukewarm to the idea in the past but maybe it would be different since they’ve both changed since then, especially with Carol as Captain Marvel now? Just an idea. She also doesn’t need to date anybody
    Yeah, I like Carol and Simon. But that has been done. Maybe pair each up with someone new to them, a hero on another team. That would add some interesting elements.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post

I was really kind of surprised that Thompson set up Carol and Strange and then, within 2-3 issues, moved back to Rhodey.

I feel like this stuff needs to be better paced.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I like Carol and Simon. But that has been done.
    Well, sort of. More time was spent setting it up than actually having the two of them as a couple. In Carol's last MS. MARVEL series she and Simon finally slept together--and then he literally never appeared in her book again before it ended.

I think Carol and Simon deserve a better shot as an actual on-panel couple, rather than just a will they/won't they sexual tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was really kind of surprised that Thompson set up Carol and Strange and then, within 2-3 issues, moved back to Rhodey.

I feel like this stuff needs to be better paced.
    The Dr. Strange thing was never intended as anything more than a rebound fling. Carol had never stopped loving Rhodey, and she (and Stephen) both were like "this was a mistake" the instant they woke up the next morning. That was never going to be an actual relationship. It was Carol making a poor life choice. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Well, sort of. More time was spent setting it up than actually having the two of them as a couple. In Carol's last MS. MARVEL series she and Simon finally slept together--and then he literally never appeared in her book again before it ended.

I think Carol and Simon deserve a better shot as an actual on-panel couple, rather than just a will they/won't they sexual tension.

The Dr. Strange thing was never intended as anything more than a rebound fling. Carol had never stopped loving Rhodey, and she (and Stephen) both were like "this was a mistake" the instant they woke up the next morning. That was never going to be an actual relationship. It was Carol making a poor life choice. lol
    You are correct. I mistakenly thought they had been a couple for a long time. I agree with you that they should have a legitimate shot at being a couple. It would also make for some good reading and great power stunts.

I did not like Stephen nor Rhodey with Carol. I agree, poor choices, lol. Carol needs a super man in her life.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    It seemed like it was growing into something more when they kissed after Carol's "vision" but then Strange wouldn't train her and she went off and then he tried to get her and Rhodey back together.

(I don't think it was that bad even if Strange is old enough to be her father).

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Carol needs someone on her level, and Rhodey just ain’t it. There’s more chemistry between Carol and Jess than between the two. It feels so…inorganic, and more of a afterthought. Every scene their in, it feels like Kelly’s just phoning it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Carol needs someone on her level, and Rhodey just ain’t it. There’s more chemistry between Carol and Jess than between the two. It feels so…inorganic, and more of a afterthought. Every scene their in, it feels like Kelly’s just phoning it in.
    Well, it did kind of come out of nowhere in the context of KSD's run and they've just been running with it since then.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it did kind of come out of nowhere in the context of KSD's run and they've just been running with it since then.
    Oh, I absolutely agree. Rhodey had better chemistry with Suzi Endo than he’s ever had with Carol.

I don't subscribe to the whole "on the level" stuff. Superman and Wonder Woman are romantically intertwined with normal people. As is Spider-Man and many other heroes.

If you're going to lock Carol into a relationship with someone in her weight class you're limiting her options.

I'd rather not see her end up with Sentry or Hulk or Hercules
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Cosigned on all this, not a fan of Carol Rhodey. They have like no chemistry
    And Doctor Strange rebound didn't work for me.Like it lasted 3 issues, there was no drama and by the time that issue came out I think solicits already told us they'd be back together.

Also she really broke his heart when they were going steady, told him he has a future kid w/ someone else, slept w/ Strange which IIRC Rhodey knows about and then got back together w/ him all in under a few weeks(?)
    Not blaming/shaming her btw, it's a very human thing.Just thinking about it from his perspective this must have been a rollercoaster.
    Oh also Carol really has the worst luck w/ future stuff huh

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't subscribe to the whole "on the level" stuff. Superman and Wonder Woman are romantically intertwined with normal people. As is Spider-Man and many other heroes.

If you're going to lock Carol into a relationship with someone in her weight class you're limiting her options.

I'd rather not see her end up with Sentry or Hulk or Hercules
    Also agreed

But maybe someone from into the space aspect could be better suited for her

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also agreed

But maybe someone from into the space aspect could be better suited for her
    I think it would be interesting to see her date an alien...maybe a fellow Kree.

Astonishing Member

I liked Carol with Simon -- because the physical attraction was immediate, but she also liked the challenge of a guy who was a bit behind the time (a little chauvinistic but not in a mean-spirited way). Also, I agree that the Rhody pairing seemed forced and came out of nowhere. I don't think Carol and Simon ever got very far as a couple -- did they even date? But yes, it would be great to see someone bring Simon back -- even if it's just as a love interest and part-time superhero.

I can't think of an ideal Marvel earth hero for Carol.

Simon is definitely not it for me. I'd pair him with a dozen other ladies first. I'd sooner see Carol with Valkyrie before Wonder Man. I'd like her to have an interesting relationship.

Better off with a new character. I don't hate the Kree idea, but it depends ont eh character
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I liked Carol with Simon -- because the physical attraction was immediate, but she also liked the challenge of a guy who was a bit behind the time (a little chauvinistic but not in a mean-spirited way). Also, I agree that the Rhody pairing seemed forced and came out of nowhere. I don't think Carol and Simon ever got very far as a couple -- did they even date? But yes, it would be great to see someone bring Simon back -- even if it's just as a love interest and part-time superhero.
    I think they were close to lovers but not officially boyfriend/girlfriend.