Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    the comic is squirrel girl
    barely take it seriously

but if I were to posit, then when Carol got her binary powers first, she seemingly created a new costume out of nowhere (probably molecular manipulation acting subconsciously where she was able to catch molecules when connected to another universe through a white hole)

Now I don't know if thor's lightning is magical, it goes back and forth on that with it sometimes being magical other times being elemental lightning summoned through magic, but i personally settle on him having different types of lightning, both magical for esoteric effects (like costume changes) and elemental summoned

Maybe here she got connected to Mother Storm and can now channel it as a source and that came with the costume change. See carol's energy powers are more about psionically linking to a power source and channeling its properties. Like with the white hole linking to a different universe she could channel primordial energies and through a psychic lens was able to filter out specific energy types from it like electromagnetic radiation, gravity, and some other energy types.

I'd imagine if she got linked to mother storm, she'd able to channel some thunder and lightning.
    is Mother Storm still around???

I wouldn't mind if she takes that stuff away from Thor.

never liked that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/hasbro-ma...-line-reveals/

Attachment 105544

Well, this is interesting, seeing Carol in the older Ms. Marvel outfit but for what I presume are "brand confusion" reasons, they simply identify her by her real name instead of saying "Captain Marvel 1980s Outfit" or something. Still cool that this toy is released, though.
    Since that's based on the EMH cartoon, it makes sense that they didn't call her Captain Marvel - she was Ms. Marvel in the show. She became Captain Marvel in the comics while the show was running, so I think if there was a season 3 she would've been updated.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Anybody else bumped that there was no Captain Marvel cameo in Wandavision to see Monica
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 02-01-2021 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Since that's based on the EMH cartoon, it makes sense that they didn't call her Captain Marvel - she was Ms. Marvel in the show. She became Captain Marvel in the comics while the show was running, so I think if there was a season 3 she would've been updated.
    How is the figure based on the EMH cartoon? Carol never wore that suit there.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Anybody else bumped that there was no Captain Marvel cameo in Wandavision to see Monica
    It's early yet, you never know if Carol will show up at some point when they explore more of Monica's backstory. That said, no, I'm totally fine with Carol not showing up any time soon. With each episode only being about 20 minutes long, I'd rather they focus on the primary cast of characters for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    How is the figure based on the EMH cartoon? Carol never wore that suit there.

nice to see the back cover art.
    this is what the Secret Wars toys should have been. a much wider variety of characters.

That's the cartoon's logo on that packaging.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Carol should have had a black outfit figure long ago and then new ones as her costumes/powers changed through the years.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    is Mother Storm still around???

I wouldn't mind if she takes that stuff away from Thor.

never liked that thing.
    In War of the Realms it returned and is present in the new hammer... but I don't blame you for missing it because it was very abrupt and not properly presented

Anyway I don't think carol can take it away, just share (if that is the case to begin with)

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It's early yet, you never know if Carol will show up at some point when they explore more of Monica's backstory. That said, no, I'm totally fine with Carol not showing up any time soon. With each episode only being about 20 minutes long, I'd rather they focus on the primary cast of characters for now.
    Monica got dusted, her mother died while she was gone and Carol was on Earth wen she was brought back. There should have been at least one scene or a mention

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    In War of the Realms it returned and is present in the new hammer... but I don't blame you for missing it because it was very abrupt and not properly presented

Anyway I don't think carol can take it away, just share (if that is the case to begin with)
    thanks for the heads up.

Monica got dusted, her mother died while she was gone and Carol was on Earth wen she was brought back. There should have been at least one scene or a mention
    I assume Carol was there for Maria while Monica was gone.

Carol cutting her hair and leaving Earth might have been partially because of Maria's death.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Yes, i guess they'll save it for her sequel but they could've atleast mentioned her.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

'Marvel's Declassified': Kelly Sue DeConnick on Creating History with Captain Marvel
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...nkId=110537336

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Yes, i guess they'll save it for her sequel but they could've atleast mentioned her.
    Carol must've known Monica was back after they defeated Thanos, so I can't help but think she'd want to see Monica again before she left Earth.