Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: One Dark Knight #1 Preview

Batman: One Dark Knight #1 Preview
    Writer: Jock
    Artist: Jock

Interesting speech bubbles...

Extraordinary Member

This was...fine? Mostly setup and the writing is a bit clunky in spots, which is not surprising given that Jock is a first time writer. Art was good as long as you like Jock's style.

Given the price point not sure if I'll continue reading it in floppies.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This looks like an interesting story. Not sure they couldn't do it within the main continuity. The villain is basically Electro.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I just read it and enjoyed the set up enough. Looking forward to the substance in the next few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The villain is basically Electro.
    Even worse, Batman already has this exact character type (needs electricity to function and gets more powers with more charge) in his rogue's gallery, Elmo Galvan. He's not a household name but he was in Vengeance of Bane 2 and his first appearance is in one of the next two 90's Detective Comics tpbs DC is releasing. The state of editorial in DC/Marvel comics these days is shocking.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!