Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Batman's main drive to fight crime is to prevent others from suffering the same pain the he suffers from. Vengence might be a part of his crime fighting motive as well but never the main drive. Batman is definately hateful towards those that commit crimes (especially those that commit murder) but he never let his hatred of them consume him.

I like that word "manservants". From now on i will use that word instead of "underlings".
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-24-2021 at 04:23 AM.

BANNED

The untold JL story.

Spoiler (dont read after you finish watching the vid)
    This is actually about Bruce & Barry more than other JL members.
    Everyone knows Bruce's trauma but his biggest fear is something that this story got right. Its the fear of losing loved ones
    They get Supes right in this as well - the real strength of a hero is his humanity, not his powers. Its easier to be selfish, apathetic, cynical than to be selfless, compassionate, opstimistic.
    The difference between Superman and Batman is that Batman is always gonna have that pain in him that makes him more hateful towards those that commit crimes but Superman would never have the same kind of hatred for his foes. Batman can never be as opstimistic and willing to trust others as Superman. Those things take strength especially after going through bad days in a cruel world. Supes greatest strength is his humanity. Superman is the kind of hero that inspires even other heroes like Batman. Superman inspires others to trust and to forgive more than Batman.

What i love about this story is that it proves Batman does not need his manservants, only Alfred.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 05-02-2021 at 11:28 PM.

Incredible Member

Not sure this is where this should be, but just read Detective Comics #1034 and I must say that I like the situation Tynion has put Bruce in because it opens up the gates for different (new?) storytelling.

Giving Bruce neighbours and having him interact with them is great and forces him to switch-up his methods in protecting his secret identity. He can't really rely on the Billonaire Playboy persona who is above all/ eccentric. Also, think it makes for a more human Bruce Wayne which I've longed for for way too long now. Even

The "defunding" of Batman is also a welcome addition IMO as, in theory, it will eliminate the Bat-god status and take the character to more traditional roots; roots that made many of us fall in love with the character in the first place. Also love the idea of mini-caves all across Gotham.

All-in-all, while I expect the status quo to revert (much to my displeasure), I'm very much interested to see what writers do with this "new" Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Giving Bruce neighbours and having him interact with them is great and forces him to switch-up his methods in protecting his secret identity. He can't really rely on the Billonaire Playboy persona who is above all/ eccentric. Also, think it makes for a more human Bruce Wayne which I've longed for for way too long now. Even

The "defunding" of Batman is also a welcome addition IMO as, in theory, it will eliminate the Bat-god status and take the character to more traditional roots; roots that made many of us fall in love with the character in the first place. Also love the idea of mini-caves all across Gotham.

All-in-all, while I expect the status quo to revert (much to my displeasure), I'm very much interested to see what writers do with this "new" Batman.
    Batman is defunded but does not have more focus as a character since he still has bunch of manservants that Tynion wants or has to write into his stories. His own OCs also need to be fleshed out. The whole point of defunding Batman seems to me is to make the villains (the Magistrate) look more powerful against him. Explaining how Bruce & Batman use his billions of wealth is a way more complex story and Tynion chooses the easy way to avoid that question. The Telltale games actually have an interesting take on Bruce & Batman that Bruce is the one that helps the city more but Batman is the one that does the things that Bruce cant.

The way Tynion uses Oracle devalues the original character. The point of Oracle was that because she suffered from disability, it drove her to prove herself to be more than a person on a wheelchair. Now Oracle is just a technical assissant. But I cant blame it all on Tynion because it was DC who removed her from the wheelchair. Barbara went from an inspiring and unique heroine as Oracle to a less compelling and typical Bat vigilante.

In his charaterization of Batman, Tynion does not get him right. He makes Batman look driven mostly by vengence when its not the main drive for him. Tynion uses Scarecrow but to likely explore Bruce's trauma instead of his biggest fear. Batman working with Ghostmaker and not keeping tab on Clownhunter are also troubling. When Batman knows that a person has killed a bunch of criminals, he might be sympathetic to the killer's motive but will still bring them to justice.

I like Batman in JL stories because it often explores him more as a character more than the current runs in his 2 mainline books. You put pain vs optimism, it already makes a nice contrast. Then there is the fun of aristocracy vs royalty. I dont care about Bruce's neighbours in Tec because most of them are just people for Bruce to interact with.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-28-2021 at 03:36 AM.

BANNED

The Problem with Damian Wayne (1:09:12)

0:00​ - Intro
    6:50​ - Infinite Frontier #0 intro
    8:25​ - Prologue with Wonder Woman and the Quintessance
    11:05​ - Shazadam and the Justice League
    17:25​ - Batman/Gotham/Death of Bane
    21:35​ - Nubia becomes Queen of Themyscira ; Hippolyta as new WW?
    29:00​ - Alan Scott comes out; Jade and Obsidian
    32:58​ - Titan's Academy
    36:17​ - Jon Kent as Tyrant; Spectre and Wonder Woman
    43:27​ - Black Canary and Green Arrow; Roy Harper; Red-X?
    45:34​ - Star Girl
    47:38​ - Teen Lantern/John Stewart/Simon Biaz
    49:15​ - Barry Allen joins Justice Incarnate / Wally West assumes mantle
    52:30​ - Wonder Woman rejects the Quintessance
    55:43​ - Darkseid Rises
    1:03:18​ - Batman #106​
    1:12:53​ - Crime Syndicate #1
    1:23:26​ - Swamp Thing #1
    1:30:37​ - Suicide Squad #1
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-26-2021 at 05:24 PM.

BANNED

The Problem with Damian Wayne (43:22) & review of comics

0:00​ - Intro
    2:41​ - Teen Titans Academy #1 by Tim Sheridan and artist Sandoval
    16:38​ - Harley Quinn #1 by writer Stephanie Phillips and artist Riley Rossmo
    30:08​ - Detective Comics #1034​ by writer Mariko Tamaki and artist Dan Mora
    52:35​ - Batman Superman #16 by Gene Luen Yang and Artist Ivan Reis
    1:04:10​ - Batman: Black & White #4
    1:06:21​ - Batman: White Knight: Harley Quinn #6 by Sean Gordon Murphy
    1:08:57​ - Action Comics #1029​ by writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson and artist Phil Hester
    1:18:45​ - Snydercut comments
    1:20:52​ - Ending - Future Spotlights
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-26-2021 at 03:51 PM.

BANNED

Tragic fate of being Batman's servant

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh this is new. Scarecrow's toxin made Batman thinks he's reading his thoughts. That make sense, for a detective-strategist-master planner one of the greatest fear is your enemy knowing what you're planning.

BANNED

Snyder excels at making heroes look like villains

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh this is new. Scarecrow's toxin made Batman thinks he's reading his thoughts. That make sense, for a detective-strategist-master planner one of the greatest fear is your enemy knowing what you're planning.
    Bruce is on a team with telepath like MMH so this is not something that he hasnt dealt with before.

Scarecrow's stories are hallucination trips. From what Tynion said, i think they are gonna be the fear of what Gotham would become and the fear of repeating his past failings. How to assure that those fears wont become true? The boring Magistrate...

Freddy Kruger is a better concept as a villain than Scarecrow. With Freddy, you know the guy turns his victim's dream into their worst nightmare and make them too afraid to go to sleep. Thats a good way of instilling fear. Freddy makes people afraid of doing something that they must do while Scarecrow makes people afraid of doing what? Breathing in his fear toxin?
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-03-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hey nerds. Anyone know when Bruce's birthday mentioned or shown in page? Including the date? I heard it's in February but I don't know if it's ever mentioned on page.

BANNED

I miss this Joker. He makes fun out of the Batfam. He wants to play his game with Batman only.

Where is the real Joker when you need him?

Snyder's edgy version of Batman is the Batman that wants/threatens to kill the Joker after having seen Harley & Robin murdered.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-04-2021 at 08:23 AM.

BANNED

Batman doesnt believe in killing, he believes in rehabilitating.

Even if he ends up killing the Joker, its not gonna be something he is gonna do out of pure vengence. Its because he sees that there is no chance in sucessfully rehabilitating the Joker.

Even after killing the Joker, Batman would have a mixed feelings of satisfaction and guilt. Satisfaction for getting back at the Joker after all the things he has done to Batman and others but guilt for taking a life of a human.

Heroes have high regards for human life, unlike Snyder's so called heroes who kill remorselessly because it makes the action scenes look cooler.

Because heroes hold high regards for human life, they are driven to save other people. When the so called heroes have low regards for human life, they would not be as driven as the real heroes to save people.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-04-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Why are you commenting on his thread when you don't like him at all. lol
    don't get me wrong, I'm being frank here, what's the point kf bashing the character and his mythos over and over again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Why are you commenting on his thread when you don't like him at all. lol
    don't get me wrong, I'm being frank here, what's the point kf bashing the character and his mythos over and over again.
    Im guilty of bashing Batman and his mythos? I just dont like the concept of Batfam and how he is potrayed in other mediums. Im leaving comments that can be seen as overly critical but its just me being someone who goes against the opinion of the masses.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-04-2021 at 01:26 PM.