Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Im guilty of bashing Batman and his mythos? I just dont like the concept of Batfam and how he is potrayed in other mediums. Im leaving comments that can be seen as overly critical but its just me being someone who goes against the opinion of the masses.
    Fair enough.
    I don't like the overly crowded Bat-Fam either, but with me it's a bit different.
    Jason is my fav character next to Bruce and Wally.
    When it comes to the Bat-Fam, I like Dick, Damian and Cass and yeah well that's it basically.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Fair enough.
    Jason is my fav character next to Bruce and Wally.
    I always feel Jason should have stayed as an antagonist to Batman. The tragedy of his death and its effect on Batman were much lessened when he came back to Batfam. There is less reason for Bruce to do anything against the Joker. If Bruce's parents had came back to life, we would not have the same Batman.

Jason is alive and in the Batfam, Barbara isnt disabled anymore. All the emotional pain that Joker inflicted onto Batman is basically nullified.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-04-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    I always feel Jason should have stayed as an antagonist to Batman. The tragedy of his death and its effect on Batman were much lessened when he came back to Batfam. There is less reason for Bruce to do anything against the Joker. If Bruce's parents had came back to life, we would not have the same Batman.

Jason is alive and in the Batfam, Barbara isnt disabled anymore. All the emotional pain that Joker inflicted onto Batman is basically nullified.
    I'd say he's more the black sheep of the Bat-Fam. Ever since N52 and Rebirth he was barely in Gotham or had contact with Bruce. Only now with this "Urban Legends" he's come to Gotham.

BANNED

0:00​ - Intro
    3:22​ - Crime Syndicate by Andy Schmidt; art by Kieran McKeown and Bryan Hitch
    22:50​ - Batman 107 by James Tynion and artist Jorge Jimenez
    35:23​ - Ghostmaker by James Tynion and artist Ricardo Lopez Ortiz
    42:27​ - Suicide Squad 2 - by Robbie Thompson and art of Eduardo Pansica
    54:30​ - Swamp Thing 2 by Ram V and artist Mike Perkins
    1:02:44​ - Green Lantern 1 by Geoffrey Thorne and artist Dexter Soy and Marco Santucci
    1:22:20​ - Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity #8 by Kami Garcai; art by Jason Badower and Mico Suayan
    1:42:08​ - Picks of the week
    I dont know how many times we need to see another retelling of Harley's origins?
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-06-2021 at 01:44 AM.

BANNED

"Underneath the bridge (Batcave) tarp has sprung a leak (Villains escaped Arkham) and the animals (villains) I've trapped (Arkham) have all become my pets (Responsibility)"

"And I'm living off of grass (Poison Ivy) and the drippings from the ceiling (Mr. Freeze) It's okay to eat fish (Penguin) Cause they don't have any feelings (Croc)"

Villains look to destroy Gotham

"Something in the way (Batman)"

BANNED

1:45​ - Batman: The Detective by Tom Taylor and Art by Andy Kubert
    14:35​ - Batman: Urban Legends
    16:15​ - Red Hood by Chip Zardasky
    26:37​ - Oracle story by Cecil Castelucci
    33:45​ - Outsiders by Robbie Thompson
    41:22​ - Grifter - The Long Con Part 2 by Matthew Rosenberg
    53:40​ - Joker #2 by James Tynion and artist March
    1:07:50​ - Punchline story by Mirko Andreyko
    1:11:14​ - Wonder Woman 771 by Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad; art by Travis Moore
    1:20:00​ - Wonder Woman back up story by Jordie Bellaire
    1:23:35​ - Superman 30 by Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    1:42:07​ - Rorschach 7 by Tom King and Jorge Fornes
    2:04:56​ - Sweet Tooth #6 and American Vampire 7
    Good week. Batman: The Detective is to me the highlight of the week.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-13-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

IMG_20210414_085615.jpg
    From the back of Catwoman issue #46 (2005)

BANNED

lol Snyder Cut's originality

BANNED

Batman is a vigilante with strict moral principle. Its because of this line that he cant get along with other vigilantes who share the same goal with him but use more lethal methods.

Even when his adopted son Jason crosses the line, Batman will come for him. Thats who Batman is. The line is why Batman vs Red Hood exists. Once you kill someone for a non self defense purpose, Batman sees you being like the criminal that shot his parents. Its why Batman is very driven to fight against murderous villains.

Tynion's Batman "You can kill criminals when you are outside of my city". So where is the line?

Bruce's trauma makes him more of a loner because he can never show his vulnerability to other people so the fact Tynion had Bruce share the story about the deaths of his parents with Ghost-maker would make you think that Ghost-maker is really a close friend to Bruce.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 05-06-2021 at 01:04 AM.

BANNED

Then there is that Ram V that people keep praising him for his writing yet he fails at Batman.

The night Bruce's parents were murdered and had their possessions taken away from them.

Batman tells Catwoman to steal something valuable

The nature of Batman world is that it is full of broken people. People that can never let go of their traumatic past just like how Bruce can never let go of the night where he was victimized by a criminal. He has to fight against all those criminals. He can never let them commit any more crime. But punishing criminals is never the main drive, its preventing the suffering of others. Batman is drawn to broken people not because they are as broken as him but because he wants to heal them, he wants them to not be as broken as him. Its why i was frustrated when i saw Ram V write Batman say to Catwoman to steal something important because thats the last thing Batman would want to say to Catwoman. Batman knows Catwoman is a thief that finds enjoyment in stealing from others. The difference between Batman and his villains is how he copes with his own trauma versus how his villains cope with their traumas / mental illnesses. The traumas, mental illnesses that the villains suffer from exacerbate their evil while the trauma that Batman suffers from makes him want to prevent others from suffering like he does. When villains suffer from depression, they cope with it by committing more crimes because the villains find the most enjoyment out of committing crimes than doing other stuffs.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 05-13-2021 at 04:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    IMG_20210414_085615.jpg
    From the back of Catwoman issue #46 (2005)
    Still one of my favourite Batsuits along with The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises, Batman 1989, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (wish they went with the leaner suit and not the bloated one) and The Batman. The Batman is the best so far IMO. Hope the collar is kept in all of the following sequels. I'd have Batman Begins in second place.

BANNED

3:21​ - Nightwing 79 by writer Tom Tylor and artist Bruno Redundo
    19:11​ - Justice League 60 by Brian Bendis and artist David Marquez
    32:34​ - Justice League Dark by writer Ram V and artist Xermanico
    38:32​ - Catwoman 30 by writer Ram V and artist Fernando Blanco
    47:34​ - Flash 769 by writer Jeremy Adams and art by Brandon Pederson and David Lafuente
    58:05​ - Superman: Red & Blue #2
    59:12​ - Own by Steven Seagle
    1:03:12​ - Into the Ghost Town by Chuck Brown and artist Denys Cowan (Val Zod)!
    1:06:45​ - Patience by Dan Panosian
    1:13:04​ - My Best Friend Superman by Stephanie Phillips
    1:16:42​ - S is for Cyborg by Jason Howard
    1:21:35​ - Batman Fortnite: Zeropoint #1 by Christos Gage
    1:29:39​ - Batman v. Ra's Al Ghul and Batman Scooby-do Mystery #1
    1:30:29​ - Ending Comments

BANNED

2:23​ - Robin #1 by writer Joshua Williamson and artists Gleb Melnikov
    11:33​ - Harley Quinn #2 by writer Stephanie Phillips and artists Riley Rossmo
    22:39​ - Detective Comics 1035 by writer Mariko Tamaki and artist Dan Mora
    30:18​ - Huntress by writer Marika Tamaki and artist Clayton Henry
    35:45​ - Batman/Superman 2 - by writer Gene Luen Yang and artist Ivan Reis
    46:04​ - Action Comics 1030 by writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson and artist Daniel Sampere
    56:36​ - Midnighter by writers Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad and artist Michael Von Oeming
    1:01:44​ - Teen Titans Academy by writer Tim Sheridan and artist Sandoval
    1:11:53​ - Batman: Black and White #5
    1:12:57​ - Father Son Outing by Jorge Jiminez
    1:17:18​ - Signals by Lee Weeks
    1:20:48​ Blue by Marika Tamaki and artist Emanuela Lupacchino
    1:24:32​ The Riddle by writer Kieran Gillen
    I dont like Harley as a hero but credits to Stephanie Phillips for making this issue enjoyable enough for me. Robin has a good start. Batbooks feel meh this week.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-27-2021 at 12:53 PM.

What did you think of Dark Detective? I loved the artwork.
    Attached Images Attached Images