Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as Future State is concerned, yeah.
    I mean, The Next Batman: Second Son, which is confirmed to be in main continuity, is about him becoming Batman. It's more than just Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I mean, The Next Batman: Second Son, which is confirmed to be in main continuity, is about him becoming Batman. It's more than just Future State.
    But it mostly seems to be leading into the Future State status quo, which I don't think will directly happen in the main books at the moment.

But it mostly seems to be leading into the Future State status quo, which I don't think will directly happen in the main books at the moment.
    If it was set in Future State's universe it wouldn't be in main continuity. And the books are absolutely leading to Jace becoming Batman. Scott Snyder has already confirmed that it'll happen, just not in the same manner that it did in Dark Detective and Future State: The Next Batman: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/05/sc...xit-interview/

And John Ridley has already stated Jace will be an ongoing Batman, that the next Batman will be connected to the rest of the Bat books, yada yada yada.

If it was set in Future State's universe it wouldn't be in main continuity. And the books are absolutely leading to Jace becoming Batman. Scott Snyder has already confirmed that it'll happen, just not in the same manner that it did in Dark Detective and Future State: The Next Batman: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/05/sc...xit-interview/

And John Ridley has already stated Jace will be an ongoing Batman, that the next Batman will be connected to the rest of the Bat books, yada yada yada.
    Personally I've been seeing mixed signals regarding what's going to happen with Batman.

Personally I've been seeing mixed signals regarding what's going to happen with Batman.
    Same here, which I think is the intention. Also I think this discussion is better off in Future State: The Next Batman thread.
    Last edited by bat1987; 02-10-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Same here, which I think its the intention. Also I think this discussion is better off in Future State: The Next Batman thread.
    Well, leading it back to Bruce, he'll have to approve of the new Batman. Much like Dick Grayson was Gotham's Batman after Bruce's return, it could be the beginning of a more Batman, Incorporated-esque future.

Well, leading it back to Bruce, he'll have to approve of the new Batman. Much like Dick Grayson was Gotham's Batman after Bruce's return, it could be the beginning of a more Batman, Incorporated-esque future.
    That could be interesting.

And on this point, I think it's some of Bruce's fans that have the perception that he's being replaced. As Joshua Williamson confirmed on the wordballoon interview yesterday, no one's replacing Clark or Bruce. In Jace's case, it's more of a shared mantle akin to Miles Morales being Spider-Man.

I don't think we're going to move past Gotham. For now it seems like the focus is building back up the core Batfamily.
    And on this point, I think it's some of Bruce's fans that have the perception that he's being replaced. As Joshua Williamson confirmed on the wordballoon interview yesterday, no one's replacing Clark or Bruce. In Jace's case, it's more of a shared mantle akin to Miles Morales being Spider-Man.
    I guess they could give it a go?

BANNED

I'm Batman

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Its "I'm Vengeance" now

Personally, either one is fine with me...