Page 73 of 147 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2204
    BANNED

Lol remember when Ewing said in an interview what he would expect from future Hulk creators, he said he would hate to see the boring old dynamic of Hulk vs Banner and we immediately get a Cates series doing just that lol... Amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Lol remember when Ewing said in an interview what he would expect from future Hulk creators, he said he would hate to see the boring old dynamic of Hulk vs Banner and we immediately get a Cates series doing just that lol... Amazing...
    Well, that's assuming Cates writes it in a boring way .

God I hate the Hulk vs Banner dynamic. I like it when they squabble like siblings but when it becomes full on "Banner must destroy Hulk" it's just *blah*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that's assuming Cates writes it in a boring way .
    He can write it in the most interesting way possible it will still boil down to Banner vs Hulk... Which gives me flashbacks of Aarons Hulk run and i dont wanna think about that run ever.

He can write it in the most interesting way possible it will still boil down to Banner vs Hulk... Which gives me flashbacks of Aarons Hulk run and i dont wanna think about that run ever.
    I can't think it could be any worse than Aaron's run.

BANNED

Dont get me wrong it definitely wont be, it just wont be good either.

The Cates Catalog:
    Sad Parent
    Godlike Being Learns Humanity
    Hero Has a Dark Secret at the Core of their History

Just mix and match and you've got the gamut
    This tweet made me laugh, pretty accurate summary of Cates catalog. That said most other writers can be broken down to a few core stories they tell over and over again, so it’s not necessarily a bad thing.
    I think for those upset with Hulk’s power levels or “feats” will be happy with Cates, and I don’t think he’ll be so awful as to drive me away like Aaron did. But Cates being boring yet selling well isn’t out of the question either, and I’m not sure that’s any better. A bad run can get cut short, but a boring title that sells well can meander on forever.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This tweet made me laugh, pretty accurate summary of Cates catalog. That said most other writers can be broken down to a few core stories they tell over and over again, so it’s not necessarily a bad thing.
    Facts.
    Mark Millar be like:

-villains took over the world (Wanted / Old Man Logan)
    -old retired hero once more shows how badass he actually is (Old Man Logan / Birthright)
    -ordinary guy learns that his relative is secretly badass and he can be one as well (Wanted / Secret Service)
    -that one little boy who really likes comic books (Kick-Ass / Superior / Marvel 1985)
    -some sort of secret society/order that operates unbeknownst to people (Magic Order / Wanted / Secret Service)

Also I couldn't find where to put his other works like SuperCrooks, Empress and Chrononauts plus Kick-Ass has kinda similar vibe to Wanted and especially Secret Service.
    (I prefer Mark Millar over Donny Cates btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Ottley is going to kill it on art though!
    Frank Martin on colors is a good way to make sure it won’t be a good looking book.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It's inevitable and it happens to every character. The more a writer expands and elevates a character to new heights, the more likely said character will return to former, more core-like parameters under a different creative team. For what it's worth, today's Hulk is nothing like the Hulk that I was introduced to when I first started reading comics. In some ways that's a good thing. But in other ways, not so much. Somewhere between those antipodes lies more than a glimmer of hope that Hulk will be ok, no matter how they characterize him.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    There was an nteresting point made in the comment section of the lastest issue: The fact that someone said/guessed that the Devil Hulk's first appearance was in 323-324, where the Green Hulk was acting more intelligent (like Green/Gravage Hulk in the early comics, more leaning towards Grey Hulk or Devil Hulk) while the editor/Al said the Devil Hulk's actual first appearance was the Incredible Hulk#1, that he was actually the first Hulk.

It makes sense and kind of changes the point of view for Bruce's and Hulk's relationship over the years and how it changed especially with the different Hulks that manifested over the years.The Devil Hulk was actually the first Hulk

Thoughts?
    It makes the most sense psychologically, and the Hulk’s characterization in these issues also reminds of the hulk that we saw in the flashback scenes of Peter David’s Tempest Fugit storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    It makes the most sense psychologically, and the Hulk’s characterization in these issues also reminds of the hulk that we saw in the flashback scenes of Peter David’s Tempest Fugit storyline.
    At the time we were calling that incarnation the "Gravage" Hulk amongst the fandom as he had elements of Savage and Gray Hulks

Eventually that incarnation became the Green Scar.

It's possible he gave it back to her later, it's weird because you see her here, being shielded by She-Hulk to the left aside, at least i assume it's her but i dunno why she would be in human form in this situation.

Attachment 110150

Later on you even see her standing next to the F4, again assuming it's her and it looks like it is once again in human form. We have seen her in human form in IH but it's a weird situation to be in human form for, when Hulk is risking everything fighting a bunch of heroes.
    I wonder if Hulk is invading TOAA's realm here. Everyone might be copies spun up to fight him.

Fantastic Member

Excited for Ottley on art.

The pitch of the series sounds boring as all hell. I hope it's just vague as not to spoil anything at the finale of Immortal Hulk, because Bruce trying to control Hulk just sounds like totally ignoring all the events of Immortal Hulk.

BANNED

Cates latest tweet fills me with even less hope. This already feels like a dumb gimmick run.
    "Smashstronaut"
    My eyes rolled in the back of my head.