Page 120 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2204
    Fantastic Member

Well, if it was Devil Hulk you could say he could say he smelled a liar.

But yeah, probably the takes one to know one. Fixit has been lying to himself for a while now (he was in the shadows, admitted to Betty that he loved her, owned up to leaving Bruce in Hell, the favor he offers McGee at the end)

I think the whole run is a fascinating examination of the Banner system.. as he says Bruce makes peace with his Devil/Father and grows. Devil makes peace with the other alters who were trying to kill him last time.. Joe and Childlike grow closer despite traditionally being paired against each other.. Alters cant die anyways, and you can have alters merge without the whole system integrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If they merged, shouldn't Bruce have ended up green, like when Amadeus Cho merged with his Hulk to become Brawn?
    I don't think they merged, IH#45 has Devil talking with Bruce:

So maybe not completely dead, if that makes sense lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Or did banner gain that ability to choose when Joe became filled with Cosmic Rays? (I also wondered why Joe was able to absorb them--maybe because he was the grey/colorless hulk?
    On the panels I posted above, Devil says he had a hunch about Joe and "left room" for something, that likely has something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Well, if it was Devil Hulk you could say he could say he smelled a liar.
    Savage Hulk was implied to also be able to smell a liar back in IH#33:

https://i.imgur.com/De9GuHd.png

Maybe it became a shared power at some point? Though maybe Joe doesn't have it...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If they merged, shouldn't Bruce have ended up green, like when Amadeus Cho merged with his Hulk to become Brawn?
    The truth is that we really don't know yet.

Devil Hulk is technically gone and Banner just seemed to be speculating.

It's only Fixit and Savage Hullk that are left now (technically) and he hasn't merged with them.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-14-2021 at 02:52 PM.

So at the end of a day Ewing really killed off Devil just like that, huh?... what a waste. I really expected some sort of epic ressurection- nope, just an empty shell. Not sure if Cates is going to bring him back neither. Also I don't think they are merged now- but then I have no explanation how Bruce talked to him back at Below-Place. Devil's in the air?...

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

I won't be picking this up until tomorrow, BUT -- I haven't heard of any horror stories on damaged books from my LCS.
    Anyone get damaged books?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    So at the end of a day Ewing really killed off Devil just like that, huh?... what a waste. I really expected some sort of epic ressurection- nope, just an empty shell. Not sure if Cates is going to bring him back neither. Also I don't think they are merged now- but then I have no explanation how Bruce talked to him back at Below-Place. Devil's in the air?...
    I don't think any of alters can be killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    At best they can be torn to shreds and locked away like Devil did to the Hydra Hulk.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I don't think any Marvel/DC characters can be killed off in general. Comic book deaths are a joke.
    I am talking about "not being used for the next couple of years". It's been quite a long time between Jenkins's and Ewing's runs. Not sure what plans Marvel editors and writers have for Devil- if any. Only time will tell.

Fantastic Member

The next run will be called the Immortal Alters. They all seem to die in each subplot, then they're all restored in the epilogue.

Child Hulk cries out "Why?" and Fixit complains to give Hulks the straight dope. TOAA responds that the purpose of all the hardships are intended to teach the Hulks to take a joke.

I'm ... still digesting the ending. I'm really not sure how I feel about it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I didn't care for the ending at all; that the great grandparents of the Leader and the Hulk not only knew eachother (and were married)but were unknowingly exposed to gamma radiation together making the Leader and the Hulk fated to come to be just made the world feel so contrived and small...and the whole confrontation with "god" and the references to the Kabbalah just felt like filler rather than something profound. I get it, endings are always the hardest part and a good old fashioned beat down between the Hulks and the Leader would have been unfulfilling as well...but I think it would have felt more honest at least. "Hey, I don't really know how to put this all back in the box but here's the Hulk punching the Leader! Have fun with the next story guys!" is real, unsatisfying, sure, but it isn't pretending to be more than it is...and that's what we actually got here, a bunch of words with no real depth trying to pretend to be something greater and sound more profound then they actually were. It was the kind of scene like those conversations you had in your dorm room during your sophomore year of college at two in morning after one too many beers and bong rips...it felt real deep at the time but faded away to nothing with the rising of the sun...but I'm not in college anymore so I can see it clearly from the first without needing dawn's illumination.
    This was just a bunch of sound and fury, which while fitting for the Hulk in a way...as the Bard said, it ultimately signified nothing.

Still and all, this was a really solid run and like the runs of Peter David, Bruce Jones, Bill Mantlo and Greg Pak I'll no doubt revisit it again down through the years...but the ending is something I'll probably skip.
    6/10 for the issue ...maybe a 7+ or 8-/10 for the run.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

So Betty is still the Red Harpy in Defenders...

I guess Samson is alive in Sasquatch's body. Where could Walter be then?

Also, what happened to Rick Jones?

Fantastic Member

"Also, what happened to Rick Jones?"

Separated from Del, in Gamma Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    I won't be picking this up until tomorrow, BUT -- I haven't heard of any horror stories on damaged books from my LCS.
    Anyone get damaged books?
    My local shop didn't have any marvel books this week due to damages. They are hoping to have issues in by Saturday.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I didn't care for the ending at all; that the great grandparents of the Leader and the Hulk not only knew eachother (and were married)but were unknowingly exposed to gamma radiation together making the Leader and the Hulk fated to come to be just made the world feel so contrived and small...and the whole confrontation with "god" and the references to the Kabbalah just felt like filler rather than something profound. I get it, endings are always the hardest part and a good old fashioned beat down between the Hulks and the Leader would have been unfulfilling as well...but I think it would have felt more honest at least. "Hey, I don't really know how to put this all back in the box but here's the Hulk punching the Leader! Have fun with the next story guys!" is real, unsatisfying, sure, but it isn't pretending to be more than it is...and that's what we actually got here, a bunch of words with no real depth trying to pretend to be something greater and sound more profound then they actually were. It was the kind of scene like those conversations you had in your dorm room during your sophomore year of college at two in morning after one too many beers and bong rips...it felt real deep at the time but faded away to nothing with the rising of the sun...but I'm not in college anymore so I can see it clearly from the first without needing dawn's illumination.
    This was just a bunch of sound and fury, which while fitting for the Hulk in a way...as the Bard said, it ultimately signified nothing.

Still and all, this was a really solid run and like the runs of Peter David, Bruce Jones, Bill Mantlo and Greg Pak I'll no doubt revisit it again down through the years...but the ending is something I'll probably skip.
    6/10 for the issue ...maybe a 7+ or 8-/10 for the run.
    The main point was literally about compassion and mercy lol