Page 139 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2204

I don't know who wrote that crap or if it's Marvel's official stance.

Do you know how many No-Prizes Stan Lee gave out because readers wanted an explanation to something that occurred in comics that didn't make sense or happened that we didn't see in panel. Too many to count. You don't know comics?

If the Devil Hulk alter was killed (and as you've argued science trumps comics in that gamma vs cosmic ray thread, ergo science says alters cannot be killed)
    Bad logic. Banner is like the god of his own mind. He was able to remake, get rid of and recreate it. Devil Hulk is no longer a part of his psyche. It's in the story....

If he's dead, Ewing killed him. But since Ewing had someone whispering in Bruce's ear in Hell that sounded like him, he's alive until proven dead.
    Maybe. It was Childlike Hulk, Gray Hulk in a red body and Banner that was seen last in IH #50. Let's see where the El Paso story comes in...

So which is it, do we believe science or comics?
    Science over comics. Comics are fiction dude.

Make up your mind.
    It is.

Bruce has more alters than just Salad Head. Alters cannot be killed. Alters are not shown, ergo they must be elsewhere and not dead.
    Not anymore.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 11-30-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    I don't know who wrote that crap or if it's Marvel's official stance.
    For someone who claims to have read a lot of comics, maybe you'll recognize this name - Peter David

Peter David, in his book, Writing for Comics, said that the best way to have a character killed is in a very deliberate, human way. His example: In Fallen Angel, a key character was shot six times in the head and then kicked off a building. He got letters asking if that character was really dead. If he'd been magicked off into a dark dimension, he'd be back to life. No questions asked. Also, about one fourth of Fallen Angel's cast has been killed throughout the duration of the series. To wit: Shadow Boxer, Dr. Juris, Slate, Malachi, Wilde & Moloch/ have all kicked the bucket.

Bad logic. Banner is like the god of his own mind. He was able to remake, get rid of and recreate it. Devil Hulk is no longer a part of his psyche. It's in the story....
    Speaking of bad logic.. BANNER IS THE HULK, THE HULK IS BANNER. Banner cannot do brain surgery and kill part of his mind. SCIENCE says it cannot be done either. There is no Hulk without Banner and vice versa. How about this, you contact Cates and have him explicitly state he killed Devil and Fixit and I will take a ban. If he doesn't, you take one. Put up or shut up.

Maybe. It was Childlike Hulk, Gray Hulk in a red body and Banner that was seen last in IH #50. Let's see where the El Paso story comes in...
    Are you saying Salad Head was whispering that he set aside space for Joe on a hunch? Seriously?! Might want to work on those reading skills.

Science over comics. Comics are fiction dude.
    Good, I'll be sure to quote you on the other board so at least we can stop one board from being spammed.

Not anymore.
    Just like in Hulk #299 when Bruce committed psychic suicide right?

Totally gone, never to return. Mindless Hulk without Banner. What's that? Bruce was buried deep inside and couldn't be killed?

Cates is right, if fans are going nuts over a single issue, it's gonna be fun to see how they'll react a year from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    For someone who claims to have read a lot of comics, maybe you'll recognize this name - Peter David

Peter David, in his book, Writing for Comics, said that the best way to have a character killed is in a very deliberate, human way. His example: In Fallen Angel, a key character was shot six times in the head and then kicked off a building. He got letters asking if that character was really dead. If he'd been magicked off into a dark dimension, he'd be back to life. No questions asked. Also, about one fourth of Fallen Angel's cast has been killed throughout the duration of the series. To wit: Shadow Boxer, Dr. Juris, Slate, Malachi, Wilde & Moloch/ have all kicked the bucket.
    Granted he's one of my favorite writers, this is only one writers opinion on technique. You still have to account for all of Stan Lee's No-Prizes I've mentioned on this subject.

Speaking of bad logic.. BANNER IS THE HULK, THE HULK IS BANNER. Banner cannot do brain surgery and kill part of his mind. SCIENCE says it cannot be done either. There is no Hulk without Banner and vice versa. How about this, you contact Cates and have him explicitly state he killed Devil and Fixit and I will take a ban. If he doesn't, you take one. Put up or shut up.
    Yes Hulk is Banner and Banner is Hulk, not a Qliphoth..

You failed in reading comprehension skills. In the story Banner rebuilt his mind himself. Doctor Strange and other Omega level mutants don't know how he did it. Neither the story, nor did I mention brain surgery.

FYI... Bruce Banner does have a degree in the medical field.

Are you saying Salad Head was whispering that he set aside space for Joe on a hunch? Seriously?! Might want to work on those reading skills.
    There is no Salad Head. Only Hulk.

Good, I'll be sure to quote you on the other board so at least we can stop one board from being spammed.

Just like in Hulk #299 when Bruce committed psychic suicide right?

Totally gone, never to return. Mindless Hulk without Banner. What's that? Bruce was buried deep inside and couldn't be killed?

Cates is right, if fans are going nuts over a single issue, it's gonna be fun to see how they'll react a year from now.
    I mentioned another writer could bring Devil Hulk back, but now as it stands... he's dead and gone.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 11-30-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    A starship doesn't run on the bridge and fuel alone. I'd imagine other alters are consigned to other sections of the 'ship' with their own torments, or at least that'd be my guess!
    Hoping this is indeed the case, having the other alters back in play was really enjoyable. I’d hate to see them all gone and it’s down to just Bruce and Savage again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well one thing is for sure: Cates' run already fueled some discussion, huh...

BANNED

That don't make no type of sense.

It's explained in issue #1 what he did.
    What is explained in issue 1 that he did?

You are genuinely not making any sense to anyone here right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Yes it has. I enjoyed the first issue. Although I only read a handful of Ewings run.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Spectacular Member

Granted he's one of my favorite writers, this is only one writers opinion on technique. You still have to account for all of Stan Lee's No-Prizes I've mentioned on this subject.

Yes Hulk is Banner and Banner is Hulk, not a Qliphoth..

You failed in reading comprehension skills. In the story Banner rebuilt his mind himself. Doctor Strange and other Omega level mutants don't know how he did it. Neither the story, nor did I mention brain surgery.

FYI... Bruce Banner does have a degree in the medical field.

There is no Salad Head. Only Hulk.

I mentioned another writer could bring Devil Hulk back, but now as it stands... he's dead and gone.

Donny Cates is pretty direct at the end of this video saying he hasn’t erased anything Al Ewing did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvfT9oQe-g4&t=145s

Quote Originally Posted by Uggha View Post
    Donny Cates is pretty direct at the end of this video saying he hasn’t erased anything Al Ewing did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvfT9oQe-g4&t=145s
    I don't think that means there won't be changes in character or a new status quo. We have a few made in issue one..
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 12-01-2021 at 08:50 PM.

I for one just ask to stop my Hulk subscription. I have #1 and 2 on file. But no more. Sadly this is a hulk story I don't think I will enjoy. Will return when thing get better. Like in all these years, sometimes there is something good (Planet Hulk and WWH) sometimes not (post WWH - pre Al Ewing)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    It's a really dumb discussion forced on by a single user, like no one is silly enough to think Cates killed off multiple Hulk personalities off screen and not even actually mention it in any way. Al Ewing dedicated a whole issue to the death of Devil Hulk and did it way later in his series but Cates kills off Joe Fixit, Green Scar, Professor, Devil and then doesn't even show or mention it explicitly in issue 1 lol.

So with Banner driving Hulk kind of like a starship, I can't help but think of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meet_Dave

or this:

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Teselecta
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Well I expected nothing less, almost anything with Cates name on it sells pretty good. Thanos, Venom, then Thor. First issues especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I don't need to feel better, i already feel fine, you can stop projecting now and stop getting personal and actually debate a point you have instead of flailing around and using terms you aren't even familiar with. Your answers aren't adequate and you make tons of mistakes. For instance just now you said Banner fractured his mind into 3 personalities, this is false. He fractured his mind into 3 parts, not 3 personalities. 2 of them are Banner himself and Savage Hulk and the 3rd part is the mindscape itself. I have no idea where you invented this 3rd personality from? What is it suppose to be in your mind? What is the 3rd personality that he fractured his mind into apart from Banner and Savage Huk?
    You made it personal because I voiced My opinion on a run that I felt had too many faults to enjoy, while you enjoyed it.

No i am 100% serious and i will be laughing my ass of at you when other personalities eventually appear in the run. Because i can't believe anyone would be as naive as to think Cates is gonna kill off half a dozen Hulk personalities and not even treat it as a serious thing or even worth properly mentioning.
    I know you don't believe that. If more than three personalities show up in story later, that will be because Cates decides to write them back in. But what your simple mind can't seem to grasp is that as it stands right now...there is only three parts to Banner's mind.