Page 43 of 147 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    I really don't know why would Ewing close the series after only 50 issues, it's not that much if you think about it and some plot threads could easily be explored in much, much details (fight with Xemnu was pretty anticlimactic and the whole "war against humanity" is kinda ended because now Leader is much more serious threat). And it sells pretty well as far as I know, so kinda makes a little sense to me. At least make it to # 800 (83).
    I think that's mostly because he had a start to finish plan mapped out for the story, perhaps he just wants to have the same thing mapped out to continue it. #19 with the first glimpse of TOAA and OBA Bruce had TOAA cryptically listing off all the arcs of the series. That's probably also why Gamma Flight is becoming a thing, since it can probably explore just more singular issues and whatnot rather than turning Immortal Hulk into a write as you go plot, plus it's almost guaranteed Ewing wouldn't hit roadblocks by editorial if he presented the entire plot and the hype was still strong after a break of Immortal Hulk stuff, then compared to maybe not having a story completely fleshed out yet, meandering and hype for the series nosediving with fandom calling for his removal off the book, etc etc.

I have 100% faith in Ewing though, I really doubt were anywhere from seeing Immortal Hulk and its cast disappear from spotlight, just Ewing taking a small break but still using all the characters. The Teen Brigade is still around, Namor is also teased to be in Defenders and we never saw what their plan was in #25, these are all things that can be looped back around to when Ewing feels like it, and hes not a writer who leaves a plotline unresolved without intent, the plot of Empyre was originally set up in his New Avengers run, 4 years prior to the actual event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s Avengers Hulk so I’m assuming it’s She-Hulk or Aaron’s stupid One Million BC Starbrand-Hulk.
    I think it's meant to be Banners Hulk, although given that it's "out of time", it might be some other version of the character, in which case i am fine with that, as long as he doesn't touch Banner Hulk, Aaron can make any other version from out of time he wants i don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    I really don't know why would Ewing close the series after only 50 issues, it's not that much if you think about it and some plot threads could easily be explored in much, much details (fight with Xemnu was pretty anticlimactic and the whole "war against humanity" is kinda ended because now Leader is much more serious threat). And it sells pretty well as far as I know, so kinda makes a little sense to me. At least make it to # 800 (83).
    Trust me, far better to have an amazing run from start to finish you can go back to whenever you want, rather than a series that starts strong but ends weak because the writer ran out of plot. Ewing has changed Hulk the way Alan Moore changed Miracleman or Swamp Thing, he’s built up the lore of Hulk to support horror as a genre for Hulk to operate in. Just like how PAD or Pak or Jenkins shaped the perception of Hulk, so has Ewing, and his successors are definitely going to build upon what he’s established. If he had 100 issues of story I’d love to see him on Hulk for 100 issues, but if he feels it’s time to step off and hand over the character, then I support him. There’s far too many writers who either get cut short, or don’t know when it’s time to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I think it's meant to be Banners Hulk, although given that it's "out of time", it might be some other version of the character, in which case i am fine with that, as long as he doesn't touch Banner Hulk, Aaron can make any other version from out of time he wants i don't care.
    Man if Ewing can’t block Aaron’s dumb bullshit then someone in Marvel editorial needs to get fired. I still don’t think it’s Banner, they let Ewing maintain control over him back when Aaron wanted Banner for his Avengers, even though Aaron was the golden boy at the time and Ewing was basically a no name dude who wrote a bunch of low selling series. Now that Ewing is a “big” name and Aaron has run the Avengers into the dirt I can’t see them letting him screw with Ewing’s plans.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Man if Ewing can’t block Aaron’s dumb bullshit then someone in Marvel editorial needs to get fired. I still don’t think it’s Banner, they let Ewing maintain control over him back when Aaron wanted Banner for his Avengers, even though Aaron was the golden boy at the time and Ewing was basically a no name dude who wrote a bunch of low selling series. Now that Ewing is a “big” name and Aaron has run the Avengers into the dirt I can’t see them letting him screw with Ewing’s plans.
    Eh i don't think he can screw Ewings plans, if he writes some version of Hulk out of time, who cares, this is just a one-shot, he can't really do much, the scariest part is him possibly writing Hulk after Banner, if that happens i am dropping Hulk for the next few years.

Eh i don't think he can screw Ewings plans, if he writes some version of Hulk out of time, who cares, this is just a one-shot, he can't really do much, the scariest part is him possibly writing Hulk after Banner, if that happens i am dropping Hulk for the next few years.
    Thankfully Aaron’s Avengers doesn’t seem to be ending any time soon (sucks for Avengers fans) so I think we’re safe from that worst case scenario.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Hulk Aaron wrote during his brief run was mainly Green scar, right? Sort of inherited him from Pak I think.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Hulk Aaron wrote during his brief run was mainly Green scar, right? Sort of inherited him from Pak I think.
    Sort of, Aaron had an interesting idea of flipping the traditional dynamic where Hulk was the “good” one and Banner was the “evil” one. Just executed very poorly imo.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

More art from Time of Monsters:

Maestro: War & Pax #4 preview:

http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...73&postcount=1

Looking great, imo. This series is so much better than the previous.

Sort of, Aaron had an interesting idea of flipping the traditional dynamic where Hulk was the “good” one and Banner was the “evil” one. Just executed very poorly imo.
    I couldn't even finish it. It was THAT bad, like a poorly written fan-fiction. Aaron should stay away from Hulk as far as he can.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post

Yeah, it's very good, and when you compare with the previous series it's not even in the same league.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Yeah, it's very good, and when you compare with the previous series it's not even in the same league.
    It doesn't even seems to be done by the same writer. And the art is so much better!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post

Too little too late, PAD ruined Maestro forever for me when he had him just steal the Maestro name from Hercules, it made the character so freaking lame.

Too little too late, PAD ruined Maestro forever for me when he had him just steal the Maestro name from Hercules, it made the character so freaking lame.
    I get it. That series is probably the worst thing He ever wrote about the Hulk.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #321
    “…And the Walls Come Tumbling Down!”

Cover Date: July 1986
    Sale Date: April 8th, 1986
    Writer: Al Milgrom
    Artist: Al Milgrom
    Inker: Del Barras
    Letterer: Rick Parker
    Colorist: Michael Higgins
    Editor: Bob Harras

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Rick Jones, Betty Banner, Dr. Fisher, Dianne Bellamy, Doc Samson
    Antagonists: The East and West Coast Avengers rosters, along with the She-Hulk
    Synopsis: A rampaging Hulk uses the beaten and battered body of Doc Samson to smash thru the town of Jericho, as the defeated Hulkbusters helplessly watch. Bruce and Betty Banner are rushed ashore and headed to the hospital in hopes that Dr. Fisher can find a solution to his condition. Back in Jericho, Hideko provides a respite for Samson before both groups Avengers arrive on the scene. At the hospital, a despondent Thunderbolt Ross’ failed apology to Rick Jones is met with an offer from a mysterious stranger and Dr. Fisher concludes that Samson’s Nutrient Bath separation wasn’t as successful as believed. Cut back to the Hulk/Avengers battle, as the She-Hulk arrives to try and calm the rampaging brute down. A violent fist to the face convinces her that the only way to stop the Hulk is to kill him.
    Commentary: The issue that started my full-time collection obsession. I would spend a couple weeks at my grandparents house for a couple weeks during the summer, usually when my sister and cousin went to Girl Scout camp. I’d help in the garden, go fishing, have fun. Well, 1986 wasn’t a good year for fishing, as Idaho was in a severe drought, and plagued with grasshoppers. I remember being disappointed we weren’t able to go fishing, so I went with Grandma as she drove around several small towns to talk to friends and shop. Hit one grocery store, there was Hulk #323. Another store, there was #321. Last store, there was #322. Had to leave that on the rack, as she didn’t have enough cash for it, we’d come back tomorrow after she’d go to the bank. True to her word, we came back, but the damn thing was GONE! Grandma felt bad and we spent that entire day traveling around southern Idaho looking for it. Oh, the days when small town grocery store spinner racks would carry a title for months and months…I know a lot of people go ballistic at Hideko tripping up the Hulk, but I thought it was funny. And that is one massive looking Hulk too.