Page 92 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2204
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Depends on who you asking. To me it was boring as hell and even painful to read. Art is meh, dialogues are meh. I wasn't so excited about this mini at the first place, so I wasn't too dissapointed.
    I have to agree with you, although the art has a lot to do with it. The preview has Samson looking anemic as Sasquatch. To be fair, it's only the first issue, maybe it reads better collected. If you hadn't been following Immortal, you'd be lost as hell and unfortunately a new series needs either a spectacular artist or really good hook.

Like Warbound, I don't see it taking off unfortunately.
    Last edited by Cth; 07-20-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Leader in immortal hulk is looking more awesome
    I'm not sure it's really Sterns in there anymore, seems to be TOBA using his further mutated body.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

GF 2

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    GF 2

Ugh.
    Is it this bad?

BANNED

Ok i am not a fan of Gamma Flight... I wasn't a big fan of such a vital character like Skaar appearing in a book that wont even feature his father but is just a spin off from Immortal Hulk and now in issue 2 we have a big revelation and all i am left thinking is WHY??? Why couldn't we have that character appear in Immortal Hulk instead of... meh... i wont spoil it i will let people read it for themselves but honestly this is the first time a decision from Ewing has completely baffled me.

I am loving Gamma Flight. "Untied States of HULK BUSTERS!" Today was a great comic day so far. I am especially loving Creed and Titania. Which isn't suprising since i loved how Ewing wrote Creed in the Black Bolt solo when he was in prison.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This is just awful. It could have worked if art was a bit better and the script wasn't such an unreadable mess. Even with reveal on the last page, I don't feel like reading issue 3. Gotta stick to regular IH.

Fantastic Member

Loving Creed and Titania being the moral core of the team.

Skaar isnt happy about his powers being forcibly removed, who can blame him. Nice to see he still shows mercy despite curbstomping everyone, he might be in an antagonistic role but seems more like he's just returning the favor doing some grunt work for his powers returning moreso than any heel turn or possession.

The reveal at the end makes sense regarding the fingers on Skaar, glad he showed up sometime on Ewing's tenure on Hulk instead of just inexplicably popping up in a later run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Loving Creed and Titania being the moral core of the team.

Skaar isnt happy about his powers being forcibly removed, who can blame him. Nice to see he still shows mercy despite curbstomping everyone, he might be in an antagonistic role but seems more like he's just returning the favor doing some grunt work for his powers returning moreso than any heel turn or possession.

The reveal at the end makes sense regarding the fingers on Skaar, glad he showed up sometime on Ewing's tenure on Hulk instead of just inexplicably popping up in a later run.
    I already preordered issue 3. lol. I'm suprise some didn't like the art i was loving the art here it was very close tot he art on immortal hulk but a little washed with the coloring since it doesn't look like it was inked.

Though the thor annual takes the cake on art this week. At least from what i've read.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Ok i am not a fan of Gamma Flight... I wasn't a big fan of such a vital character like Skaar appearing in a book that wont even feature his father but is just a spin off from Immortal Hulk and now in issue 2 we have a big revelation and all i am left thinking is WHY??? Why couldn't we have that character appear in Immortal Hulk instead of... meh... i wont spoil it i will let people read it for themselves but honestly this is the first time a decision from Ewing has completely baffled me.
    Well, he was never a great foil before now. Hopefully, this is Ewing making him a better one

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, he was never a great foil before now. Hopefully, this is Ewing making him a better one
    He should make him a better one in Hulks book, not in a book where Hulk doesn't appear, i rather Hulk fight the real thing than the fake one he fought in the Immortal Hulk series already.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I am loving Gamma Flight. "Untied States of HULK BUSTERS!" Today was a great comic day so far. I am especially loving Creed and Titania. Which isn't suprising since i loved how Ewing wrote Creed in the Black Bolt solo when he was in prison.
    Black Bolt is written by Saladin Ahmed, isn't it?

I thought Gamma Flight issue 2 was fine. I rather it just be an arc in the main book but it is what it is.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    He should make him a better one in Hulks book, not in a book where Hulk doesn't appear, i rather Hulk fight the real thing than the fake one he fought in the Immortal Hulk series already.
    I think narratively where we are at in Immortal Hulk, it wouldve been a serious detour to do, not to mention Bruce hasnt been in the series for some time, which really wouldn't make Skaar or Emil reunions true without the presence of Banner there. Plus it gives decent focus to the side cast, which I assume if we got five issues mostly focusing on the Gamma Flight gang there would be complaints of the lack of Hulk or whatnot. This also ensures the potential longevity of Immortal Hulk surviving past the end of the book itself, since we already know Cates is going to be handling Hulk a bit more traditionally.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    Black Bolt is written by Saladin Ahmed, isn't it?
    You are right. My bad. The style is very similar to how Royals were but yes it was. I don't keep old copies so should proably google more before i mention series. But the Creed here feels very much like the one written there so to correct myself i'm glad Ewing has continued the voice from saladin Ahmed.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.