Page 59 of 147 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    This! I am almost certain it's this, it's been referenced a few times now but when people get around Hulk they get more violent.

Like i am not gonna defend Hulk for being innocent, he certainly isn't as he has done a lot of bad stuff but at the same time people have given him a lot of crap and accused him of things he either never did or was not in control of, so excuse me if i see Joe sitting in a bar drinking alcohol and then Thor comes out of nowhere to "talk" and the first thing he does is throw his hammer in his face because he feels a grudge for the beating Hulk gave him last time. Nah, it's time for Hulk to smash.
    That just seems really out-of-character for Thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That just seems really out-of-character for Thor.
    I dunno, it reminded me a lot of JMS Thor and even current Cates Thor has been acting like a jerk a bit to others. That and also the fact that people around Hulk tend to be more violent and aggressive and lets not forget Hulk "humbled" him before as he says, so he isn't all that happy about that either.

I dunno, it reminded me a lot of JMS Thor and even current Cates Thor has been acting like a jerk a bit to others. That and also the fact that people around Hulk tend to be more violent and aggressive and lets not forget Hulk "humbled" him before as he says, so he isn't all that happy about that either.
    Well, at least with JMS Thor, I'm thinking of the Iron Man moment where he was just calmly raging (justifiably) against Tony but it didn't really feel excessive. I've made my issue with Cates' view on Thor being a jerk clear in his Appreciation Thread (as in, I disagree with it).

I guess I just feel like he could be handled better here.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Oh and their favorite thing is to call each other re***** all the time and the saddest part is mods even encourage it instead of controlling it, which is why i call that site a literally dumpster fire, it's more closer to the worst parts of 4chan than any other comic book forum.

Anyway i friend of mine made this and i though it's pretty funny not to share.

Attachment 109291
    LOL. I made this one as a signature 40 issues ago after that famous punch "Daddy can't save you now":

Yup. Thor has acted in the past as douche several times. I can't count the times He said things like "mere mortals" (as if gods are special or superior somehow, lol), and there's the whole TOBA influence, maybe.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Yup. Thor has acted in the past as douche several times. I can't count the times He said things like "mere mortals" (as if gods are special or superior somehow, lol), and there's the whole TOBA influence, maybe.
    I like mere mortals better than puny humans, myself

Chip Zdarsky is writing the Hulk this fall - but is there more to it than that?

Chip Zdarsky is writing the Hulk portion of Marvel Comics' upcoming Avengers/Hulk Free Comic Book Day one-shot - and that raises the next question; will he take over Marvel's Hulk title after Immortal Hulk?

But with Zdarsky writing a new Hulk story for a major one-shot out of the blue, it does raise questions. Does this mean Zdarsky is slated to launch a new Hulk series out of the story? That's not what we've heard, but stay tuned.

The current Immortal Hulk series by Al Ewing and Joe Bennett is expected to end with its fiftieth issue. Although the release date of that issue hasn't been announced, if it follows the currently monthly pattern that would mean Immortal Hulk #50 would arrive in September - just after Zdarsky's Hulk story in the Avengers/Hulk FCBD special.

https://www.gamesradar.com/chip-zdar...-it-than-that/

Man, He would be perfect. One of the top three from Marvel, together Ewing and Hickmann.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, at least with JMS Thor, I'm thinking of the Iron Man moment where he was just calmly raging (justifiably) against Tony but it didn't really feel excessive. I've made my issue with Cates' view on Thor being a jerk clear in his Appreciation Thread (as in, I disagree with it).

I guess I just feel like he could be handled better here.
    Well one could argue he is justified at being angry at Hulk for what he did to him, also he references how Hulk declared war on the whole world, it seems Thor might have taken it literally and Hulk in his mind is terrorizing innocent people.

I dunno, i am not a fan of "arrogant Thor" but it seems to be his shtick now that he is King Thor, even over in Thors own run under Cates.

BANNED

Chip Zdarsky is writing the Hulk this fall - but is there more to it than that?

Chip Zdarsky is writing the Hulk portion of Marvel Comics' upcoming Avengers/Hulk Free Comic Book Day one-shot - and that raises the next question; will he take over Marvel's Hulk title after Immortal Hulk?

But with Zdarsky writing a new Hulk story for a major one-shot out of the blue, it does raise questions. Does this mean Zdarsky is slated to launch a new Hulk series out of the story? That's not what we've heard, but stay tuned.

The current Immortal Hulk series by Al Ewing and Joe Bennett is expected to end with its fiftieth issue. Although the release date of that issue hasn't been announced, if it follows the currently monthly pattern that would mean Immortal Hulk #50 would arrive in September - just after Zdarsky's Hulk story in the Avengers/Hulk FCBD special.

https://www.gamesradar.com/chip-zdar...-it-than-that/

Man, He would be perfect. One of the top three from Marvel, together Ewing and Hickmann.
    Oh man if he ends up writing the Hulk that would be the best outcome. I hope it's Chip.

Oh man if he ends up writing the Hulk that would be the best outcome. I hope it's Chip.
    Now this got me excited for FCBD. Can't wait what kind of story Chip would tell about the Hulk.

Murdock and Banner are certainly similar enough in terms of being self-flagellating protagonists that I’d definitely be excited to see what Zdarsky would bring to the book. Still expecting Cates but a Zdarsky/Ottely team would be a dream come true.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Now this got me excited for FCBD. Can't wait what kind of story Chip would tell about the Hulk.
    Yea the moment i know it's not Aaron that's writing it i am feeling great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Murdock and Banner are certainly similar enough in terms of being self-flagellating protagonists that I’d definitely be excited to see what Zdarsky would bring to the book. Still expecting Cates but a Zdarsky/Ottely team would be a dream come true.
    Has Ryan Stegman revealed the "secret project" he has been working on? I am wondering if he might be the artist for it, him and Chip have been conversing quite a lot on twitter lately.

Has Ryan Stegman revealed the "secret project" he has been working on? I am wondering if he might be the artist for it, him and Chip have been conversing quite a lot on twitter lately.
    Not yet, from what I know. From his work on Venom alone, He would be an incredible artist for the new ongoing.

Fantastic Member

Gotta feeling we will know more once issue #50 hits, probably saving announcements till after. Chip writing a new ongoing would be amazing though.

Dream late 2021-2022 lineup for Hulk titles would be something like

Hulk Series continuing his war on humanity, get some new characters in or whatnot for it -OR- if Jackie M somehow ended up with Hulk powers, have a new ongoing be centered around her. New writer(Chip Z would def be high on the list, maybe Declan Shalvey on art, Bennett on cover art)

Defenders series helmed by Ewing that Hulk/Red Harpy are a part of

Gamma Flight upgraded to ongoing letting Gamma stories continue and playing catchup with some Hulk characters we havent seen much of in years, a very monster of the day series with HPG/ORCHIS overarching story, maybe even some teamups with SWORD, Red Hulk, She-Hulk, and others. Fraiser helming it with Ewing popping in when he feels like it.

Joe Fixit miniseries just telling a few additional stories of his time in Vegas. Just some fun mob stories, maybe Bennett on art.

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    "At this point."

Err, didn't Hulk threaten to smash the world before White Fluffy took his name?

*edit*

And went off like a bomb?
    Well, I guess you're right. Its hunting him now.